Windows 10: Can't access file manager

Discus and support Can't access file manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What happens is when you have it set to extend these displays it will let you drag from you main screen over to a second one. If you then disconnect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Access Denied, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Can't access file manager

What happens is when you have it set to extend these displays it will let you drag from you main screen over to a second one. If you then disconnect the second screen you will run into issues like you had. Simply doing what you did will get your window to show back and let you use a second screen when you attach it.

Please mark the thread SOLVED at the bottom if your issue is resolved. This will help other users with the same problem.

Access Denied, Apr 4, 2018
  2. dcnb65 Win User

I cannot maximize file explorer to access my files. It just remains minimized on the task bar. I have tried ending the Windows explorer task in task manager and running a new task explorer.exe but this hasn't helped.

Can anyone help please?

:)

dcnb65, Apr 16, 2018
  3. chandru90 Win User
    Can't Access files in file manager

I formatted my memory card after the other options failed.I started reinstalling apps and adding music to it.Now when I try accessing files through file manager I can see my music folder and access the files.But the virus seems to have reappeared! The other
    folders like the images n installs folders have gone back to being unrecognised file types.

chandru90, Apr 16, 2018
  4. chandru90 Win User

Can't access file manager

Can't Access files in file manager

I think the cause of the problem is a virus.A folder I don't recognise called "recycler" has appeared on my memory card. I was unable to delete it in pc suite mode and in mass transfer mode I am unable to even access the memory card.Double clicking on the
    memory card takes me to c drive instead.When I did manage to access it,I deleted the recycler folder only for it to reappear every time i deleted it.

chandru90, Apr 16, 2018
  5. Have you used a second monitor at some point? The window may be on that screen even if disabled. Check your display settings to make sure.

Access Denied, Apr 16, 2018
  6. dcnb65 Win User
    Thank you for your reply. In settings I changed multiple displays to 'show only one' and then back to 'extend these displays' and this seems to have done the trick. Is 'extend these displays' the preferred setting? I don't know what it means exactly.

dcnb65, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

Can't access file manager

1. Can't access file manager - Similar Threads - Can't access file

2. Can't access to my device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access to my device manager: Whenever I want to access in device manager,i got message that i don't have the administrator permission.But i am the owner of the pc.I checked settings everything is okay. My Hotmail account aldo singed in there...
  3. Can't access to my device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access to my device manager: Whenever I want to access in device manager,i got message that i don't have the administrator permission.But i am the owner of the pc.I checked settings everything is okay. My Hotmail account aldo singed in there...
  4. Can't access to my device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't access filed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access filed: - quick ? My husband has an HP laptop about 10yrs old it froze yesterday trying to log on, received " internal battery" message now he can't sign on. He bought a brand new HP laptop and now trying to figure out how to get his scan folder off old laptop? It's a new Windows11...
  6. Can't access filed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access filed: - quick ? My husband has an HP laptop about 10yrs old it froze yesterday trying to log on, received " internal battery" message now he can't sign on. He bought a brand new HP laptop and now trying to figure out how to get his scan folder off old laptop? It's a new Windows11...
  7. Can't access filed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't access external hard drive in file manager

Can't access external hard drive in file manager: I recently switched from a Mac to Windows 10, had been using my external hard drive fine, but I can't open it in file manager since getting my new PC. It connects, and it shows up in disk manager, but none of the previous fixes on this forum have worked so that I can access...
  9. Can't Access Disk Management..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access Disk Management..: Last Time, it was working fine but now, when i was about to shrink a 1TB partition and make a 1TB partition to my 2TB HDD, this one showed up: [ATTACH] and I was like wait ****?? i havent used the whole 2TB so i want to have another partition for my other stuff ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°...
  10. External HD's showing in device manager, and disk manager, can't access files

External HD's showing in device manager, and disk manager, can't access files: Apparently this has been a problem for a long time; why there's no fix is confounding and very disappointing. No, I can't allocate a letter drive to the disks. Right clicking on them in disk management reveals no clickable menu items except delete volume or help. This...