Windows 10: Can't access files on network after installing Anniversary Update

Discus and support Can't access files on network after installing Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I installed the Anniversary Update on my desktop and laptop computers recently, both running Windows 10 Home. Since then I have been unable to access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by curt jugg, Jan 9, 2017.

1. curt jugg Win User

Can't access files on network after installing Anniversary Update

I installed the Anniversary Update on my desktop and laptop computers recently, both running Windows 10 Home. Since then I have been unable to access the Libreoffice files in my desktop computer Documents folder from my laptop as they are said to be locked for editing by an unknown user. Nor can I save any documents from my laptop to the same desktop Documents folder. I tried leaving the HomeGroup on my laptop and joining it again and that seemed to have solved the problem. However the next time I turned on my laptop the problem had returned. The problem must lie with the laptop because I have recently purchased a tablet and I can access the files on my desktop computer from the tablet without any difficulty.

Can anyone suggest a solution to the problem short of rolling back to the earlier build on my laptop, please?

:)

curt jugg, Jan 9, 2017
  2. JStemper2 Win User

After the Win 10 Anniversary update network shares are no longer accessible. Why? How do I fix?

After the Win 10 Anniversary update was installed I can no longer access any of my network shares or network storage devices. When I try to access the shares I get an access denied error message.

When I try to access the usb hard drive attached to my Linksys router I also get an access denied error. The drive on the router was accessible to everyone but now is not accessible to anyone that has been subjected to the Anniversary Update mess.

How do I get my shares and NAS back to a point where I can use them?

JStemper2, Jan 9, 2017
  3. problems signing in on screen menu

After updating 10 anniversary I can't access my account on log in screen,please help

McEwenMunthali, Jan 9, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I ran into that on a couple of computers but turned out I only needed, in File Explorer, to Disconnect the NAS drives holding my files then Map them anew on each computer with the issue.

Berton, Jan 9, 2017
  5. curt jugg Win User
    Thanks for your reply, but I don't have any NAS drives connected.

curt jugg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't access files on network after installing Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Can't access files

2. Can't Access File Sharing or Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access File Sharing or Network: Hello,I'm having a difficult time right now getting my file sharing and Network to run.Im trying to use Roon Audio via a ROCK NUC10i3. I'm at this stephttps://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roon-os-missing-codecsBut I have nothing showing up in my network drive.I've...
  3. Can't receive any Windows updates after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't receive any Windows updates after Anniversary Update: So I have been having an issue with the anniversary update for a while now. Every time I try run windows updates, I get the error "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you are connected to...
  4. Can't sign in after the Anniversary update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in after the Anniversary update: The screen goes black then returns me to sign in... 58388
  5. Can't update to W10 Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update to W10 Anniversary Update?: PC is up to date, downloaded the anniversary update via windows update. PC restarts and acts like its installing and it goes back to build 1511? I tried downloading the manual installer and same thing, doesn't seem like anyone had this problem yet? The manual...
  6. BSODs after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  7. Can't see connected devices after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't see connected devices after Anniversary Update: Hey guys, so today I update my system and surprisingly, I can't see my connected devices (such as mobile phone, external hard disks, etc) under 'This PC' or elsewhere. Tried uninstalling the drivers through Device Manager, restarting, everything.. but doesn't work. And no,...
  8. anniversary update killed my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    anniversary update killed my network: I had 4 computers talking to each other and a NAS. Then 14393 happened. I have reconfigured, which is always a total confusion. But I have shared drives and folders on the computerS. I finally have the desktop talking to the laptop, but the laptop doesn't have permission to...
  9. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...