Windows 10: Can't access Gmail account

Discus and support Can't access Gmail account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When my email client tried to check my Gmail I was asked for my password. I entered my password and got the prompt to enter the code sent to my cell... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Winuser, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Winuser Win User

Can't access Gmail account

When my email client tried to check my Gmail I was asked for my password. I entered my password and got the prompt to enter the code sent to my cell phone. Nothing is being sent to my phone. I can't find my backup codes to try. Anyone using 2 code verification for their Gmail account? If yes, can you check if your 2 code access is working? Unless Gmail is having a problem I don't understand why I'm not receiving the text with the code.

:)

Winuser, Feb 23, 2017

2. Microsoft family and gmail

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and started using the Microsoft Family account settings.

My children's accounts will not allow access to gmail.

My children use gmail for school but I can't find any way to allow them access to it.

I can access all our gmail accounts from the adult users on our PC so it has something to do with the child access.

How can I get gmail to work on the child accounts?

Foster_843, Feb 23, 2017
  3. cannot access to Outlook or Gmail

I can't access to outlook or Gmail app. Even can't access to settings - email and account.

It shows loading and then it crashes.. Rest apps are okay.

Prabhat Jha, Feb 23, 2017
  4. DavidY Win User

I have a GMail account where I can get a code sent. Opened a new Private Window in the browser (so it didn't 'recognise' me) and sure enough I had the option to send a text to my phone. The text arrived and it let me log in with no problem.
    However I'm in the UK so various things could be different to where you are.

DavidY, Feb 23, 2017
  5. clam1952 Win User
    Could be an issue with your phone provider?

clam1952, Feb 23, 2017
  6. Winuser Win User
    I'm getting text messages from my friends. I'm not home at the moment. I'll try again when I get home.

Winuser, Feb 23, 2017
  7. Datapod Win User
    This was happening to me about half an hour ago. US, Ohio. I finally got code after asking for it to be resent several times.

HTH

Datapod, Feb 23, 2017
  8. DavidY Win User

I wonder if being away from home is why GMail is asking for a 2nd code, if it's unusual for you? I've had GMail access (via a mobile phone client) blocked before when using it on an unfamiliar network - I had to log into the website to clear it.

DavidY, Feb 23, 2017
  9. Winuser Win User
    When I got home i tried again. This time I received my code in a few seconds. I guess the problem was on their end.

Winuser, Feb 23, 2017
  10. Winuser Win User
    I have my gmail account setup for 2 step verification. I was worried because I wasn't receiving a text with my code. It's working again so I guess it was a problem at there end.

Winuser, Feb 23, 2017
  11. swarfega Win User
    When I opened my tablet, it said that my account had changed so I did the 2 step authentication process.

swarfega, Feb 23, 2017
  12. I use the Google Authenticator app.

Syncs up with Gmail and Outlook.com, very easy to set up and no waiting for codes, they are on your phone by account.

Caledon Ken, Feb 23, 2017
  13. DavidY Win User

Yes I agree that's a good way to go, as it means you aren't reliant on a phone service working.
    I use the Microsoft version of the Authenticator app (as I have an old Windows phone) but it works almost exactly the same and is cross-compatible with Google, Facebook etc. as well as Microsoft.

DavidY, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't access Gmail account - Similar Threads - Can't access Gmail

2. Issue with Microsoft Account Access Linked to Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Microsoft Account Access Linked to Gmail: I am writing to seek assistance with a perplexing issue regarding my Microsoft account, which is linked to my Gmail address.Previously, I had successfully associated my Gmail account with both Google and Microsoft. However, recently, I have encountered difficulties accessing...
  3. Issue with Microsoft Account Access Linked to Gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Microsoft Account Access Linked to Gmail: I am writing to seek assistance with a perplexing issue regarding my Microsoft account, which is linked to my Gmail address.Previously, I had successfully associated my Gmail account with both Google and Microsoft. However, recently, I have encountered difficulties accessing...
  4. Lost access to Gmail account that verifies Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost access to Gmail account that verifies Microsoft account: Hi thereI seem to have lost access to a gmail account that works as verification to my microsoft account.Google doesnt seem to have any interactive assistance, and just redirects to the same unhelpful FAQ library. Is there any way to change verification e-mail without,.....
  5. Lost access to Gmail account that verifies Microsoft account

Lost access to Gmail account that verifies Microsoft account: Hi thereI seem to have lost access to a gmail account that works as verification to my microsoft account.Google doesnt seem to have any interactive assistance, and just redirects to the same unhelpful FAQ library. Is there any way to change verification e-mail without,.....
  6. Lost access to Gmail account that verifies Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Granting Windows an access to my GMAIL account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Granting Windows an access to my GMAIL account: Hello I am very confused by my Windows email app. It is requiring me to share my google account info with windows. It gives me a caution that windows my delete all items on my account once I grant them permission. I am asking if windows does really modify information stored...
  8. Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail

Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail: So recently I got a new laptop. I'm not sure where it came from, but it definitely wasn't brand new. I reset the whole thing after getting it for extra measures. Then I proceed to get my own info into this baby. [ATTACH]And here we have the device specifications in the...
  9. We couldn't access this account: Gmail...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    We couldn't access this account: Gmail...: To solve the problem of " We couldn't access this account: Gmail, (because I disabled less secure apps), I went to this site: "https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps?pli=1" and click "ON". Problem solved....
  10. Cannot Access Emails in My GMail Account

Cannot Access Emails in My GMail Account: I am unable to receive emails using my Gmail account. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-emails-in-my-gmail-account/11728ae3-4a3e-4c2d-9d09-ca50319244f5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone cant access Gmail