Windows 10: Can't access localhost over local network

Discus and support Can't access localhost over local network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to accomplish a simple? task: Connect to the localhost on my laptop from my desktop. Both computers are running Windows 10 Pro. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frankenputer, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Can't access localhost over local network

I'm trying to accomplish a simple? task:
    Connect to the localhost on my laptop from my desktop.

Both computers are running Windows 10 Pro.
    I have the local IP of the laptop and I can RDP into it, but when I try to load a page in browser from the desktop I get "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

I don't think it's a firewall issue because I've tried completely disabling Windows Firewall and that didn't help. I'm not running any anti-virus software beyond Windows Defender.

In summary, localhost:64750 works on the laptop itself, but I can't access it as expected using 192.168.0.2:64750 from a secondary computer.

:)

Frankenputer, Apr 28, 2017

2. Cannot access local server via local ip in Microsoft Edge

This is completely a windows issue. You can't blatantly deny this problem as a non-windows issue. As far as I understand this is to do with the way Windows Apps are designed to connect to the internet.

I'm facing the same issue accessing local ip addresses (for local servers on the network) through Microsoft Edge, whereas the same address works on other browsers. I checked the "about:flags" and the localhost loopback is allowed.

Could anyone suggest a solution to this?

Vivek Vijayan, Apr 28, 2017
  3. Local proxy on windows 10 and not working modern apps

How do you set up local proxy on 127.0.0.1 with modern apps still working? I want to use privoxy systemwide but modern apps don't work and can't access internet when i set proxy address to localhost. Is there any solution?

Sergei Merchenko, Apr 28, 2017
Thema:

Can't access localhost over local network

1. Can't access localhost over local network - Similar Threads - Can't access localhost

2. File Sharing Over a local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing Over a local network: I am trying to access my old PC which is on my home network. The system is detected but when I click it it asks for credentials and will not accept my Microsoft password. I use the same account to sign into both systems and it works fine to sign in to either one individually...
  3. Access error to Drive over network

Access error to Drive over network: Hello, I have a small home network and after updating one Pc to the latest iteration of Windows10 it now has a problem accessing drives on my PC used as a Store and Print server. This pc has multiple external and internal drives and all that have been shared in the past...
  4. Can't connect to localhost

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to localhost: I don't remember what I changed, but if I run a Flask Python server I can't connect to it using my browser. It says connection error. I disabled firewall and defender, nothing helps. I need it to properly work in my IDE. I don't want to reinstall. submitted by...
  5. can't access laptop over home network

can't access laptop over home network: I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on both a desktop and laptop. The desktop has an ethernet connection to the WiFi/router. The laptop is connected wirelessly. The laptop can see the desktop and access its files. The desktop can see the laptop under >Network in File...
  6. Can't access localhost on local network from my phone

Can't access localhost on local network from my phone: I would like to be able to access my projects running on the localhost of my computer from my phone or from any other devices on my network. With my former computer, I used to be able to do this just fine by creating a new rule in theWindows Defender Firewall and Advanced...
  7. Accessing Computers Over Home Network

Accessing Computers Over Home Network: We have three computers at home. When all three computers were on Windows 7, sharing was a pain in the...but it worked. Everyone could basically access everything on everyone else's computers. Two computers were recently upgraded to Windows 10, one is still on Windows 7....
  8. Unable to access mapped drives over local network if internet connection is down.

Unable to access mapped drives over local network if internet connection is down.: I have a local network and several NAS drives and computer drives on the local network that are setup as mapped drives. Recently our internet connection went down for a couple of days and we were unable to access any of the mapped drives on the LOCAL network once a user...
  9. sharing files over local network some subfolders gives access error

sharing files over local network some subfolders gives access error: I have two windows 10, one desktop and one laptop. Both are connecting to the same network. Both workgroup name are the same WORKGROUP (which is the default) The desktop (main computer sharing files), has two users One admin user which have full access One standard user...
  10. sharing files over local network some subfolders gives access error

sharing files over local network some subfolders gives access error: I have two windows 10, one desktop and one laptop. Both are connecting to the same network. Both workgroup name are the same WORKGROUP (which is the default) The desktop (main computer sharing files), has two users One admin user which have full access One standard...