Windows 10: Can't Access Lock Screen Settings After Upgrading W10 Home to 16184

Discus and support Can't Access Lock Screen Settings After Upgrading W10 Home to 16184 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, Could someone see if they can successfully access the W10 Home lock screen settings after upgrading to Insider 16184.1001 (W10 Pro is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WOT, May 2, 2017.

1. WOT
    WOT Win User

Can't Access Lock Screen Settings After Upgrading W10 Home to 16184

Hello all,

Could someone see if they can successfully access the W10 Home lock screen settings after upgrading to Insider 16184.1001 (W10 Pro is OK)? When I attempt to do so, the view appears for a few seconds and then disappears without reason. I am also getting a corresponding event ID 1000 that points to a problem with the Immersive Shell Control Panel:

PC settings> Personalization> Lock screen

Can't Access Lock Screen Settings After Upgrading W10 Home to 16184 [​IMG]

So, I ran sfc /scannow and it found no errors. Unfortunately, I can't use DISM restore health because it just doesn't work on this release. Your test comparison would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

:)

2. I just can't enable the lock screen in my Windows 10

A group policy has been set that disables the Lock Screen. If running W10 Pro, open Grou Policy Editor and check the settings here:

Administrative Templates =>Control Panel => Personalization

Check out the Lock screen policies there.

If you're running W10 Home Edition, the policy setting need to be removed from the registry.

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 2, 2017
  3. Lock screen doen't work and never go to sleep

since 2 weeks my PC (Asus with Intel i5 3.20GHz, 8GB RAM 64-bits W10 home) doesn't reach the lock screen phase neighter is the monitor shutting down anymore. Settings are unchanged and correct to my opinion.

(lock screen after 10 minutes, Screen down after 30 minutes, never go to sleep (because this has also issues))

How can I solve this?

original title: Lock screen doen't work

Roland0505, May 2, 2017
  4. Can't Access Lock Screen Settings After Upgrading W10 Home to 16184

The same thing happens to me, I have reported this several times. When I get close to the lock screen in settings the screen flashes and I am sent back to the Desktop. I can use the lock screen I had prior to the update but I can't change it. I did not find any errors either.

Josey Wales, May 2, 2017
  5. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Thank you @Josey Wales! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I had done to cause the issue. Your quick response is much appreciated!

regards,

6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    UPDATE:

Just to be absolutely certain it is an MS problem, I did a clean install, and the very first thing I did was try to access the lock screen settings, and it just flashed on briefly and then disappeared (same as originally reported).

I then restored from a backup created just before this test and all is well.

7. This has not been fix in build 16188, I have the same exact problem. @WOT

Josey Wales, May 3, 2017
  8. WOT
    WOT Win User

Hi @Josey Wales (friend),

Yes, right after I completed the 16188 upgrade, I attempted to access the Lock Screen settings and it actually worked (one time); however, after I did a few things, I came back and it was broken again.

9. Report it again. I did about a paragraph on it. I am back on 15063.250 The First build they called The CU, They are calling this new one CU as well. I may not even go back, not to this build at least.

Josey Wales, May 4, 2017
  10. WOT
    WOT Win User
    That is really only a minor annoyance for me personally. In fact, all the Insider builds (Home and Pro) have worked well for my purposes. I am just thankful I have not encountered some of the major issues that are being reported throughout the forum.

Cheers mate!

11. It is but I also can't place my PC in sleep. It also took 2 1/2 hours to install.

Josey Wales, May 4, 2017
  12. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Oh, now that is a different story because I can place my laptop in sleep just fine. With that said, try disabling the lock screen, reboot, and retest:

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10

With that registry modification, when I wake from sleep I go directly to the sign-in screen.

13. Can't Access Lock Screen Settings After Upgrading W10 Home to 16184

Thanks I may try that on Friday, I just was in that build and now I am back in CU#1*Biggrin

Josey Wales, May 4, 2017
  14. I tried disabling the lock screen and it still will not sleep.

All MS did about the lock screen issue that I reported in build 16184 was move it to a known issue

Navigating to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen may crash Settings app.

Josey Wales, May 4, 2017
  15. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Sorry it didn't work friend but I am going to take a nap right now because I have no trouble sleeping!

Thema:

1. Can't Access Lock Screen Settings After Upgrading W10 Home to 16184 - Similar Threads - Can't Access Lock

2. W10 image after upgrading from Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 image after upgrading from Home to Pro?: My laptop came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled with an image. I upgraded my Home version to Windows 10 Pro. I may need to "recover" my Windows 10 Pro installation. However, I want to be prepared. Based on the Windows 10 Recovery options, will it recover my Windows from...
  3. Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home

Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home: Hello, I cannot activate windows after an upgrade to Pro from Home. The watermark remains on screen at all times. All I want is to revert back to Windows 10 Home because it says my license is only valid for home, but I am stuck in pro and it gives me trouble when attempting...
  4. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  5. Ownership locked after upgrading to W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ownership locked after upgrading to W10: Got a new computer with Windows 10, reconnected my external HDD with all my files. Most files audio and video on the external HDD are mysteriously blocked, not related to file extensions some files with same extension work, others don't. Tried to log in as Administrator...
  6. Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?

Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?: I'm needing a workable procdure for this upgrade. Since its been a long time since I purchased a NEW manufactured system (usually build all my own desktops), I know little in what form the machine will be in at power up. Some history first: I have just purchased a Lenovo...
  7. lock screen w10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lock screen w10: How can I get the screen to lock after 3 minutes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-w10/d88507e2-f433-4c02-b9fb-154b343bea0b"
  8. Reusing W10 Home product key after upgrading to W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reusing W10 Home product key after upgrading to W10 Pro: A long time ago I upgraded a computer from W10 Home to W10 Pro. This was a custom build and both the original W10 Home activation and the new W10 Pro activation were done via product keys ordered from Amazon. No Microsoft account has ever been involved with either key. Back...
  9. Can't reliably access my router setup screen after W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't reliably access my router setup screen after W10: I have three computers wired to my D-Link DSL-504T modem/router. Since upgrading two of my PCs to Widows 10 Pro (activated, clean install) I can no longer get reliable access to my routers configuration screen (192.168.1.1) through these PCs, although my third computer...
  10. Locked out after upgrade to W10 from W7

Locked out after upgrade to W10 from W7: Hello. Need help urgently. Have been locked out after upgrading from W7 to W10. No Microsoft account. Please help. 17346