Windows 10: Can't access my hard drive from another machine?

Discus and support Can't access my hard drive from another machine? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have two machines on a workgroup network. One machine has win 7 and the other has Win 10. From win 10 machine I can access the C drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Problems, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Problems Win User

Can't access my hard drive from another machine?

Hello,

I have two machines on a workgroup network. One machine has win 7 and the other has Win 10.

From win 10 machine I can access the C drive on the Win 7 machine since I shared the C drive on the win 7 machine.

But I can't access the C drive on the win 10 machine from the win 7 machine. If I try I get the following message:

Windows cannot access \\Desktop-k5odb58\c
    You do not have permission to access L: \\Desktop-k5odb58\c. Contact your network administrator to request access.

So followed these instructions on my win 10 machine:

http://www.deskdecode.com/fix-networ...computer-name/

however when I get step 3:

Now tick on the full control and then click on “Apply”.

I get the following error message :

"Error applying security
    An error occurred while applying security information to:

L: \\Desktop-k5odb58\c

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied"

I don't know what else to try... does anyone know how I can resolve this.

Thanks you so much for any help!

:)

Problems, Feb 3, 2016

2. Unable to access external hard drive

No, I have 2 external hard drives that have a separate mains power supply and they are working correctly, and I have 1 external USB3 hard drive that's being powered through the USB port and it's that one that's not working properly.

I've plugged the hard drive into my TV and I'm able to access the films and things on it. I don't have access to another PC so I can't transfer by data from this hard drive to a different one though. I've tried plugging it into different USB ports on my
    PC but still have the same issue.

ChrisHunt121212, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Can't access my hard drive

The link (www.youtube.com) is, of course, the same but the laptop model would be different.

An alternative would consist of asking your local computer shop for a quote to replace the disk and (optionally) migrate the SSDs content to the new 1000 GByte hard disk.

Frederik Long, Feb 3, 2016
Thema:

Can't access my hard drive from another machine?

1. Can't access my hard drive from another machine? - Similar Threads - Can't access hard

2. Can't access external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access external hard drive.: When I try to see movies that I have on the 1TB drive I get the following message.Virtual Disk Manager.Data error Cyclic Redundancy CheckIt doesn't show up in explorer so I can't even format it.Any suggestions.Thanks in advance.Peter....
  3. One of my hard drives is accessible from another PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One of my hard drives is accessible from another PC: Hi guys, Basically one of my hard drives can be accessed by another PC on the network (I'm checking via RDP). I have no idea how or why, but I want it to stop lol. In CMD after typing net share there is not shared network drive, looking in fsmgmt.msc it is not shared....
  4. Move hard drive to another machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move hard drive to another machine: I have a failed Dell 5755 laptop. I got a replacement. Same type machine. I would like to move the internal hard drive to the other machine. Since this other machine has the same hardware as the failed machine would there be any issues in doing so? I have the COA and...
  5. Can't Access VIDEOS from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access VIDEOS from External Hard Drive: Hi, So I just recently got a 5 TB external hard drive, and with the Mylio photo sharing app was able to sync all of my photos and videos together between the external hard drive, my Windows 10 laptop, and the phone itself. I have 2 issues. Firstly, if I am in the app...
  6. Can't access hard drive

Can't access hard drive: Hi Im running w10 on an EliteBook. Local disk drive C with a capacity of 30gb is now full. There is a second drive New Volume D with 285gb capacity but despite switching where content is saved, this doesn't happen. I have tried formatting to no avail Anyone got any ideas....
  7. Can't access external hard drives from my laptop or my notebook.

Can't access external hard drives from my laptop or my notebook.: Hello all. I have just read a post but it does not reach my situation, quite. I have an ASUS notebook and an ASUS laptop and a couple of external hard drives which I needed to add storage space to help with Windows updates, on the notebook because it's got very limited...
  8. Can't access one of my Hard drive...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access one of my Hard drive...: OK, so I'm just done resetting my PC and when I'm trying to install program on my (F:) hard drive a message pop up saying : ''you need to confirm this operation'' -I then press continue and another message pop up : ''you need permission to perform this action''... I have...
  9. How To Access A Hard Drive On My PC From Another PC?

How To Access A Hard Drive On My PC From Another PC?: Hey, So I have a hard drive on my laptop that I also want to be able to access on my desktop PC. How can I do this? I have already started off by going onto my laptop and into: This PC > (right click) C Drive > Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing > Permissions >...
  10. Help - Network Gurus there Can't access W10 machine from another W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help - Network Gurus there Can't access W10 machine from another W10: Hi there Going BONKERS over this (Build 10166) Two computers on a LAN REDSQUIRREL running W10 PRO X-64 on a physical laptop logged on with a LOCAL account, BLACKDOG running W10 Enterprise X-64 with an Ms account. 1) REDSQUIRREL does not even SEE BLACKDOG....