Windows 10: Can't access my Home PC on the network.

Discus and support Can't access my Home PC on the network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Frustrated. As of yesterday, I am getting an error when I try to access my home PC from my android phone - login failure. unknown username or bad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by musiclover7, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Can't access my Home PC on the network.

Frustrated.

As of yesterday, I am getting an error when I try to access my home PC from my android phone - login failure. unknown username or bad password.

I use my Hotmail account as my username. I did this, because Microsoft insisted. I can login fine to my Hotmail account with said credentials and up until yesterday, I could login fine from my phone.

I triple checked all settings, disabled firewall, nada. Getting login failure.

Any help appreciated!

Update - fixed -created a new account for sharing purposes.

:)

musiclover7, Apr 14, 2017

2. Can't always access other pc on my home network

Are you sure you Deleted all files and folders in:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

I have did this on about 35 computers in about 15 Home Networks and it has worked every time.

If you deleted the "PeerNetworking" folder, create one in:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming

Do Not delete "PeerNetworking" folder.

----------------------------------------------------

You should if possible leave any home group on any computers in network before you delete all these files. But that does not really have to be done. You must do each computer and then shut them down. Then start up your main computer, usually the one connected
    to your modem/router and join home group retrieve password. Then reboot the modem/router by unplugging power for 40 seconds and plug back in, when it connects you to the internet again, then restart this computer and log on to desktop. Then go to each other
    computer one at a time, start it up and log on to desktop and join home group and enter password you were giving for home group. restart that computer and log on. then go to the 3rd computer if you have 3 and do the same thing and so on. once you have joined
    with them all, I would reboot modem again and restart all pc's again.

seahawks65, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Can't always access other pc on my home network

Fix Home Group:

This will work and how to fix it. And then you can join Home group and it will show change password for future. You must follow procedures exactly.

1. Open folder options and select in the VIEW TAB - select show hidden files folders and drives. Then UNCHECK the next 4 boxes below that to UN-HIDE selections. Click on apply and to all folders and close out.

2. **ADMIN PRIVLEDGES NEEDED**

**Do your main computer first and then all others in your Home network**

go to this location:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

...and delete all the files and folders in this PeerNetworking folder.

3. shut this computer down. Then go to all other computers on your network and do the same thing and shut them down.

4. Then go back to main computer and start up, log on and go to Home Group settings and select join home group. You will get a new password. Copy and paste it on to notepad and save or write it down exactly as shown (Case Sensitive), and complete home group
    setup.

5. Now go to each other computer and start up, log on and go to Home Group settings and select join home group and put in password you just obtained. Once all are joined, go back to File Explorer/Folder Options - view tab -and select - DO NOT show hidden
    files folders and drives. Then CHECK the 4th box down below it to HIDE PROTECTED OPERATING SYSTEM FILES (RECOMMENDED) selection. Click on apply and apply to all folders and close out.

6. Now restart all your computers. My advice is to reboot your modem first and then restart all your computers.

This will definitely fix your issue.

HOME GROUP is for sharing your PERSONAL FILES and MEDIA DEVICES.

PUBLIC FOLDERS ON NETWORK COMPUTERS FOR SHARING IS DEFAULT SETTING FOR WINDOWS OS. Home Group will not be reason for not connecting to other computers public folders on network.

------------------------------

------------------------------

No access to other computers on network. STATES "NOT RESPONDING".

Issues could be:

1. your computer or the other computers may be maxed out on the processor(s) and it can not connect to it. Possible reasons; Other computer might be in windows update process. Maybe being used on other computer and its resources are maxed out (processors).

Your network is corrupt. REBOOT MODEM and restart all computers on your network. Other computer is shut down or logged off desktop and cant access other computer while it is logged off.

seahawks65, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

Can't access my Home PC on the network.

1. Can't access my Home PC on the network. - Similar Threads - Can't access Home

2. Can't access the other Windows 11 computers on my home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access the other Windows 11 computers on my home network: Since upgrading to Windows 11, my ASUS PC and all DELL laptops on my home network can see each other and can see all computer folders. Unfortunately, they are not permitted access to files despite having set up file sharing. I am always told that my Network Credentials are...
  3. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  4. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  5. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. can't access laptop over home network

can't access laptop over home network: I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on both a desktop and laptop. The desktop has an ethernet connection to the WiFi/router. The laptop is connected wirelessly. The laptop can see the desktop and access its files. The desktop can see the laptop under >Network in File...
  7. Can't access other IPs on my home network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't access other IPs on my home network: Hi everyone, So, I've got a small home network with a media center, a few wifi repeater and a few other computers. The thing is, after the latest update (KB4586819 1909), I can't seen any of these devices from my PC anymore. For example, if I type 192.168.2.17:8080 on my...
  8. Can't access computers on home network

Can't access computers on home network: I'm setting up a new Dell XPS 8930. Existing home network which uses Workgroup at this point includes a Win7 Dell and a Win8.1 Lenovo. The Win7 will be updated to 10 when this problem is solved. All computers show up on all computers under Network. The Win10 can access the...
  9. Home working - Restrict network access to PC

Home working - Restrict network access to PC: Hi I've got a site to site VPN used to connect me with the office which is done via my router. This has a rule set to route traffic to one PC. How do ensure that no one in the office is able to log into my pc or access any shares on my PC ? The VPN is only for me to access...
  10. Accessing other pc's on home network.

Accessing other pc's on home network.: I have 2 pc's running windows 10 pro, on my main pc File Explorer shows my 2 pc's in network but I can't connect with my second pc everytime, it always shows in file explorer but 95% of the time I get an error message, , Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found,...