Windows 10: Can't access my pc after I changed it's name

Discus and support Can't access my pc after I changed it's name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed my pc name the windows asked for a restart I did it then my pin and Microsoft account password didn't work i changed the password and used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrewanees, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Can't access my pc after I changed it's name

I changed my pc name the windows asked for a restart I did it then my pin and Microsoft account password didn't work i changed the password and used the new one didn't work

tried to change the pin after the security code it gives black screen with the mouse and nathing

I can't access my pc ...

Thanks

:)

Andrewanees, Aug 21, 2018

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Aug 21, 2018
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Can't access my pc after I changed it's name

change pc name

Hi,

To change the computer name, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button.
    • Type View advanced system
      settings
      and press Enter.
    • Go to Computer Name tab.
    • Click Change.
    • Enter the new name.
    • Click OK to save the changes.
    • Restart your computer.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Can't access my pc after I changed it's name

1. Can't access my pc after I changed it's name - Similar Threads - Can't access changed

2. I cant change my name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant change my name.: Any name I put in account.microsoft.com it says that 'Sorry - that name includes a word or phrase that we dont allow'. I've refreshed many times and still does not work....
  3. Change PC name on MS account after changing locally

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change PC name on MS account after changing locally: Hi I bought a new surface and set it up. It doesnt ask for PC name during setup, only after you are in. So now in MS account devices online, the pc name is something like desktop-767shdjs I cant recognize that, so I want to change it for the name I have just given it, a...
  4. I can't change my name anymore, help please

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't change my name anymore, help please: I got a Windows 10 laptop about a year ago, and looking at the username I chose at the time I totally regret it now. When I go to Control Panel there is NO option at all to change it. Is this one of the things that Microsoft removed without any thought? Also I noticed that...
  5. I can't change the names of my USBs.......

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't change the names of my USBs.......: In Windows 7 32bit I gave each of my several USB memories different names. It was all fine also also in my new Win 10 Pro 64 bit on a fresh new desktop. But somehow later, I saw all my USBs names were changed simply to "USB Drive". And when I change them back, the names...
  6. Change Names in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Names in Quick Access: You used to be able to change the names of the items in quick access - like you can a shortcut - in Windows 8, but now you can't. Other than replacing all of them with shortcuts, has anyone found a way of changing this? 12160
  7. Can't access NAS by name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access NAS by name: Yesterday I did a clean (re)install of Windows 10. All seemed ok, but today I cannot access a NAS disk by name. I can access it by IP address, and nslookup correctly resolve both name and addresses. But if I try to access \\MyBookLive (I know, - a cleverly original name.) - I...
  8. Can I change the name of a PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I change the name of a PC: Hi I have four PCs on my home network, all show up as a number, I guess it is the digital identifier of the machine but it is difficult to remember which is which. Can I right click/rename the link that shows up so I know which PC I am working on? Appreciate any...
  9. Can't change my pc name to Ruud-PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change my pc name to Ruud-PC: Title pretty much sums it all up, When I'm changing my pc name to -PC it says that it isn't possible. , however is possible and even Ruuud-PC is. Here is an image in with dutch error: [img] The error in english is: The name of the pc is invalid. 63961
  10. Can't access my pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access my pc: When's I switched on my pc this evening there was an red X where the Internet connection is and I could not get on to my desktop because my password is not being accepted how can I get passed this please 73437