Windows 10: Can't Access Network Shared Folders With Android Phone Connected WIFI

Discus and support Can't Access Network Shared Folders With Android Phone Connected WIFI in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 5 PCs Connected to Local Network: 1- Win10 Home - V.1511 10586.545 2- Win10 Pro - V.1511 10586.545 2- Win10 Pro - v.1607 14393.105 Win10 v.1511... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nickhog, Sep 11, 2016.

1. nickhog Win User

Can't Access Network Shared Folders With Android Phone Connected WIFI

5 PCs Connected to Local Network:
    1- Win10 Home - V.1511 10586.545
    2- Win10 Pro - V.1511 10586.545
    2- Win10 Pro - v.1607 14393.105

Win10 v.1511 Home, 2 - Win10 Pro V.1511, and 1- Win10 Pro v.1607 are all hard wired Ethernet.

1- Win10 Pro V1607 connected via WIFI (5ghz)

All Network shares are set, Password Protected Sharing is turned off, on all systems. All PCs open/view/share folders and files as expected between all PCs.

Before install Anniversary Update on 2 PCs, I could Copy files from my Mot Android Turbo 2 phone (connected via WIFI (5GHZ or 2.4Ghz) using Asus File Manager Ap, to any shared PC folders on my network.

After Installing AU 1607 on 2 of the PCs on my network, I can now only copy file to my Windows Home V.1511 PC. All others are requesting User and Passwords for access. Again, Password Protected Sharing is turned off on all PCs....

:)

nickhog, Sep 11, 2016
  2. Jessen P Win User

Wifi Sense and My Data

Hi Ross,

Thank you for the update.

Whether you choose to share password-protected WiFi networks with your contacts to give them Internet access is completely up to you. Here are some important things to know and consider:

• WiFi Sense is designed to not show your WiFi network password to your contacts. For networks you choose to share access to, the password is sent over an encrypted connection and is stored in an encrypted file on a Microsoft server, and is
      then sent over an HTTPS connection to your contacts' PC or phone if they use WiFi Sense.

• You're in control, and you choose which WiFi networks you want to share access to. When you first connect to a password-protected WiFi network, you choose if you want to share access to that network with your contacts. You can share a few networks, a lot
      or none – it’s up to you to decide which networks you share. You might have more contacts on one social network or service than another, so you could share WiFi network access with one social network or service and not another to help determine how many people
      can have access.

• WiFi Sense gives your contacts Internet access and is designed to prevent them from accessing other computers, devices or files on your home network or other network that you choose to share. If you have a small business and
      share that network, WiFi Sense is designed to prevent your contacts from accessing intranet sites on that network.

• Networks are only shared with contacts who use WiFi Sense on a PC running
      Windows 10 or phone running Windows 10 Mobile. WiFi Sense doesn't work for people who use a PC or phone that's running on a different operating system. If your contacts turn off
      Connect to networks shared by my contacts in Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage WiFi settings on their PC or in
      Settings > Network & wireless > WiFi > WiFi Sense on their Windows 10 phone, they'll stop sharing their networks and they won't be able to connect to networks you share.

• You share with your contacts, but not their contacts. The networks you share aren’t shared with your contacts’ contacts. If your contacts want to share one of your networks with their contacts, they’d need to know your actual password and type it in to share
      the network.

• Enterprise networks that use 802.1X can’t be shared. If you connect to one of these enterprise networks at work or somewhere else, those network credentials won’t be shared with any of your contacts.

Jessen P, Sep 11, 2016
  3. Joevy2 Win User
    Can't setup the hotspot on Windows 10 Lumia Phone

After clicking ..Setting - Network & Wireless - Mobile hotspot - ON...the following error shows " We can't share this internet connection because we can't connect to the cellular network". I tried several option switching from Wifi to Blutooth, but still
    failed. I transferred my sim card to Android phone, the hotspot works. It means the Lumia phone has a problem. Software is latest and updated.

Joevy2, Sep 11, 2016
  4. nickhog Win User

Here is how to fix this problem should anyone else find Win10 has broken your android file manager.... This article is by Anthony Rousek and is titled "es file explorer account has no permissions solution".

Here's a link to the article...
    http://www.allpcstuff.com/es-file-ex...ions-solution/

nickhog, Sep 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't Access Network Shared Folders With Android Phone Connected WIFI - Similar Threads - Can't Access Network

2. Can't access WiFi networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access WiFi networks.: I have recently come back from a holiday, but before I left I had changed something in cmd to do with sfc wireless mode, and now I cannot access any WiFi services, they do not show up at all, I have tried disabling and enabling, resetting my network, and my pc, still with no...
  3. Can't access WiFi networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access WiFi networks.: I have recently come back from a holiday, but before I left I had changed something in cmd to do with sfc wireless mode, and now I cannot access any WiFi services, they do not show up at all, I have tried disabling and enabling, resetting my network, and my pc, still with no...
  4. Can't access shared folder on the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access shared folder on the network: Hello,I'm trying to share a folder in my computer with another computer on my network my computer is Win11, the other Win10. The other computer sees the folder and my computer, but when they try to access it, the following error message is shown: 'You don't have permission to...
  5. Can't access shared folder on the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access shared folder on the network: Hello,I'm trying to share a folder in my computer with another computer on my network my computer is Win11, the other Win10. The other computer sees the folder and my computer, but when they try to access it, the following error message is shown: 'You don't have permission to...
  6. VPN connects but can't access shared folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN connects but can't access shared folders: About a month ago I came into work and one of our engineers said he wasn't able to access the shared folders from home using his VPN anymore. I logged onto the VPN and everything worked as it should, but then 1 week later I wasn't able to access the shared folders. Now my...
  7. Android app (VLC) can't access Shared Folder

Android app (VLC) can't access Shared Folder: I 'm trying to give VLC app, access to a Shared Windows Pc Folder (SMB Protocol) but I haven't sort it out so far. The app connects to the Network, sees the Shared Folder (-----SHARED-----) but it can't open it. Although password protected sharing is off, VLC keeps asking me...
  8. Users can't access to the shared network folder

Users can't access to the shared network folder: Hello, One of the user can't access to the "old" shared folder. It's weird, because i've created group "test" and "new" folder to share. Both old and new one folder got "test" group in the Security Tab (Full Control). And now. Old one say's - you dont have permission...
  9. Shared Folders from External HDD Folders Not Accessible in Android

Shared Folders from External HDD Folders Not Accessible in Android: All of my shared folders from internal HDD are accessible from my android phone via es file explorer (latest version). But all of my shared folders from external HDD Folders visible but NOT accessible! I'm really out of ideas. I have already tried removing workgroup....
  10. Can't access network shares

Can't access network shares: Before the upgrade to 10 I was on 7 and logged in with a local account with all computers having the same usernames and passwords and sharing worked flawlessly. After the upgrade I am now logging in with a Microsoft account and sharing does not work. Windows 7 Pro -->...