Windows 10: Can't access network usb shared hard drive

Discus and support Can't access network usb shared hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I may have posted this before, so I apologize for being repetitive. I have a hard drive that is connect to my modem / router via a usb connection.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by grandpavic, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Can't access network usb shared hard drive

I may have posted this before, so I apologize for being repetitive.

I have a hard drive that is connect to my modem / router via a usb connection. The drive is accessed via

\\mynetwork\NETWORKHD

After rebooting my router, this will work for some number of days before it fails.

When it fails I get a message that says something like:

---------------------------------

\\mynetwork\NETWORKHD is not accessable. You may not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the Administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

--------------------------------

What changes over time that precludes access to my network hard drive? How do I fix it. Thanks.

:)

grandpavic, Mar 11, 2016

2. How do I recover with the my USB system image?

Having created a system image onto my USB Flash Drive, I can't figure out how to get the restore system to recognize it.

How I created my USB Flash drive "backup system image" by formatting the USB drive into NTFS format. Then right click the USB H: drive to Properties to click on Sharing tab. Checked the Share box. Clicked on "Advanced Sharing". Permissions; set to Allow on
    Full Control, Clicked on Apply, then OK, then OK again. This made the USB drive accessible as a network drive by using the share path \\example\h

for the the system image to copy to.

From the Windows 10 Control Panel\ Click Backup and restore (Windows 7)

Noting; Microsoft has Windows 10 using Backup and restore (Windows 7) for system backups.

At the bottom under Restore, click-on Select another backup to restore files
    opens Restore Files (Advanced), Click-on the Browse network location and type in the USB shared path; \\example\h. This was the path for the image USB I made.

I keep getting this error message; The network location cannot be read Details; The network name cannot be found. (0x80070043)

NOTE: I can't explain why the USB system image I created had drive letter \h but when I plug it in it for the restore it reads as USB Drive (ECan't access network usb shared hard drive :)

PROBLEM; is the latest image was on the USB Drive. I have others on Hard Drive D: and network TB Drive. The USB I made as an additional backup to test out if a USB Drive system image could be done. If anyone knows more about how to fix this, please post
    back

Jahmen Myst, Mar 11, 2016
  3. JStemper2 Win User
    After the Win 10 Anniversary update network shares are no longer accessible. Why? How do I fix?

After the Win 10 Anniversary update was installed I can no longer access any of my network shares or network storage devices. When I try to access the shares I get an access denied error message.

When I try to access the usb hard drive attached to my Linksys router I also get an access denied error. The drive on the router was accessible to everyone but now is not accessible to anyone that has been subjected to the Anniversary Update mess.

How do I get my shares and NAS back to a point where I can use them?

JStemper2, Mar 11, 2016
Thema:

Can't access network usb shared hard drive

1. Can't access network usb shared hard drive - Similar Threads - Can't access network

2. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing a shared Drive on home network: Hello,I have a PC and Laptop. I use the same exact Windows Credentials using my live.com account to use both computers. They are BOTH set up as Administrators on each respective computer. However, I cannot access a shared drive from one computer or another, even though it is...
  3. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing a shared Drive on home network: Hello,I have a PC and Laptop. I use the same exact Windows Credentials using my live.com account to use both computers. They are BOTH set up as Administrators on each respective computer. However, I cannot access a shared drive from one computer or another, even though it is...
  4. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't access a shared network drive

Can't access a shared network drive: I have a Windows desktop system here to which I need to connect my two Windows laptops. Laptop1 connects fine but laptop2 returns an error to the effect that I need permission to access that system. But obviously I've done everything on the desktop system that needs to be...
  6. Network Media Drives, Shared folders, Router USB Hard Disk

Network Media Drives, Shared folders, Router USB Hard Disk: I know this seems odd asking on the Windows 10 forum because I am using a Netgear c3700v2 usb hard disk. Besides the commodity I have a strong problem. It appears that while I have a folder set to media share with All read access and Admin write access I have to use...
  7. USB hard drive is not accessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB hard drive is not accessible: I just tried to access my external usb hard drive and was unable to do so. Received error message: "E:\ is not accessible - the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable". I just updated all my drivers 2 days ago so I tried plugging the drive into my laptop which has the...
  8. Can't access network USB drive

Can't access network USB drive: I hooked up a USB HDD to my router (Tenda AC15) and setup the router to share the drive via FTP. It gives me the FTP address but when I try to connect with any internet browser I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. If I try to map the network drive I get the screen asking for the...
  9. Can't access network usb shared hard drive

Can't access network usb shared hard drive: I have a usb connected hard drive connected to my Bell 2000 router. The instructions to access this drive is to go to the Documents folder and enter \\mynetwork. This then shows the shared hard drive as \\mynetwork\NETWORKHD. If I now click on NETWORKHD I get the following:...
  10. Can't access network shares

Can't access network shares: Before the upgrade to 10 I was on 7 and logged in with a local account with all computers having the same usernames and passwords and sharing worked flawlessly. After the upgrade I am now logging in with a Microsoft account and sharing does not work. Windows 7 Pro -->...