Windows 10: Can't access/open most websites/pages

Discus and support Can't access/open most websites/pages in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there. I am at the end of my tether. I can't open any websites or pages except Facebook and YouTube strangely enough and those only on chrome.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WimpishEye8820, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Can't access/open most websites/pages

Hi there.

I am at the end of my tether.

I can't open any websites or pages except Facebook and YouTube strangely enough and those only on chrome.

All other pages be it https or just http ones display various error message depending on the browser: This site can't be reached DNS probe finished nxdomain or on explorer: hmmm can't reach this page

I can't even try to download Firefox as I get the same message. Can't get onto any help pages either...nothing works.

I have tried numerous things, cleared the cache/history, restarted obvs disabled or removed all extensions, ran a full virus scan nothing

I can't even send and receive emails now

I am not at home but traveling in Europe so using the wifi at my motel unit and it was working fine for a day and a half - still.shows that I am connected and as I said Facebook seems to work strangely

:)

WimpishEye8820, Jul 8, 2018

2. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Problems with download and unable to open website pages on Windows 10.

Hi Patsy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "I am unable to open pages on the site", which browser are you using to access the website?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular browser or websites?

I suggest you accessing the websites through Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type “Internet Explorer” without the quotes on Search bar and click on it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with accessing certain website, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Can't access/open most websites/pages

Error- HTTP/1.1 200 OK on Edge and other browers goes blank when try to open particular websites

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • What happens when you try to access the same websites in other PC?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it help you.

• Open the Microsoft Edge browser. Open a website.
    • Click on '. . .' select Open with Internet Explorer
      and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue doesn't resolve, try the below steps.

• Press Start, type Internet Explorer and
      select it.
    • Press Ctrl + Shift + P, it opens Internet Explorer as
      InPrivate mode
      . Try to access the website and check if the issue still persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Can't access/open most websites/pages

1. Can't access/open most websites/pages - Similar Threads - Can't access open

2. Can't open some websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open some websites: I just reseted my windows 10Now, I can't sign to Gmail or youtube.I also get this site can't be reached Hmm can't reach this pageBoth Microsoft Edge and Google chrome. I tried clearing cache, changed DNS, flushed DNS, created new user account but I can't l.Thanks...
  3. Can't open Website

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Website: I can't open a financial website on my desktop running Windows 10 V21H2, though I can open it on my tablet and cell phone. This began about two weeks ago out of the blue. Any thoughts appreciated....
  4. Can't open Website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Website: I can't open a financial website on my desktop running Windows 10 V21H2, though I can open it on my tablet and cell phone. This began about two weeks ago out of the blue. Any thoughts appreciated....
  5. Can't open Website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can only acess certain websites, not too many,most I can't access

in Windows 10 Support
    Can only acess certain websites, not too many,most I can't access: I think that the title above says it all. It's odd that I received MS updates, and shortly thereafter I was unable to access many websites that I had accessed before. 179043
  7. Can't access one website

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't access one website: I am trying to access a website but get error message, "server IP address could not be found." My internet is connected and I can get on other sites. I tried to access the site on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and get the same message. My Windows 10 is updated. I am...
  8. Can't access to various website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access to various website: I am unable to access any websites on Mozilla or internet explorer. It always showing server not found & I have tried to fix the network connection by various methods but it didn't work. My window is windows 10 home hp. The problem started occurring from last 2 days when my...
  9. Can't access .mil websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access .mil websites: Running Windows10, can no longer access .mil websites with CAC. Checked TLS settings and verified TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 are checked SSL 3.0 is unchecked but still receive the below: Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS...
  10. can't access some websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't access some websites: I have this weird problem that causes chrome and firefox to download some pages (like: Download the fastest Firefox ever or hwzone.co.il - please notice this happens only on some websites and not all) instead of simply viewing them. the file that get downloaded isn't even a...