Windows 10: Can't access remote laptop desktop

Discus and support Can't access remote laptop desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a big tower computer with an ASUS mobo, and an ASUS U50f laptop, both machines running Win 10 Creators Pro, and successfully private-networked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bachware, Jan 22, 2018.

1. bachware Win User

Can't access remote laptop desktop

I have a big tower computer with an ASUS mobo, and an ASUS U50f laptop, both machines running Win 10 Creators Pro, and successfully private-networked together wirelessly via a Linksys E1200 modem. I can run remote desktop on the laptop to access & use the tower, but not access the laptop via remote desktop from the tower, even though its Explorer shows the files & folders on the laptop, so networking is going between them. I think I have all the remote desktop settings right on both machines. There seems to be something obscure mis-set on the laptop that's blocking remote desktop from the tower. I see the right rules and turn-ons for address 3386 in the laptop's firewall. Suggestions? Thanks!

:)

bachware, Jan 22, 2018

2. RDC (Remote Desktop Connection) Is not connecting?

I'm ´trying to connect my laptop as a second monitor for my pc with RDC. But when i try i become this error:

Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:

1) Remote access to the server is not enabled

2) The remote computer is turned off

3) The remote computer is not available on the network

Make sure the remote computer is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled.

1) Yes, on both it is enabled

2) No, it is turned on, both of them are on

3) I don't know that one but there both connected to the same wifi in my house

RoflFrankoc, Jan 22, 2018
  3. remote desktop windows 10

I am trying to connect my laptop and main PC using remote desktop but windows 10 keeps saying 'remote desktop cannot connect to the remote computer' then lists 3 reasons. 1.remote access to server is not enabled 2.remote computer is turned off and 3.remote
    computer is not available on network. Both computers are on my own network, both on same workgroup. i have enabled remote connections. I can access both via file explorer and homegroup but still cannot get remote desktop connection. Any ideas what the problem
    might be?

bill_hughes, Jan 22, 2018
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Hey bachware,
    Unless that's a typo or you've changed RDP ports, the default port is 3389

Eagle51, Jan 22, 2018
  5. bachware Win User
    Yep. Typo. 3386. The tower computer doesn't have wi-fi, but is networked to the Cisco/Linksys E1200 via wire, which provides wi-fi connectivity. The laptop has its own internally. I can RDP to the tower machine from the laptop fine, but not the reverse (from the tower machine to the laptop).

bachware, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't access remote laptop desktop - Similar Threads - Can't access remote

2. Cannot access remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access remote desktop: Hi there,I bought a desktop computer with win11 pro installed. I have enabled the remote desktop connection on this device. However, I tried to connect to this desktop with my win10 computer. After typing the computer name, an error message prompt that "it cannot find the...
  3. Cannot access remote desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access remote desktop: Hi there,I bought a desktop computer with win11 pro installed. I have enabled the remote desktop connection on this device. However, I tried to connect to this desktop with my win10 computer. After typing the computer name, an error message prompt that "it cannot find the...
  4. Laptop and remote access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop and remote access: HiI was having problems last night trying to access a vpn account and my internet provider blocked me from getting on the site. Anyway after speaking to them I was suddenly able to download the vpn. Then this morning I accessed my laptop firstly I couldn’t get on the internet...
  5. Laptop and remote access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop and remote access: HiI was having problems last night trying to access a vpn account and my internet provider blocked me from getting on the site. Anyway after speaking to them I was suddenly able to download the vpn. Then this morning I accessed my laptop firstly I couldn’t get on the internet...
  6. Access rights for remote desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access rights for remote desktop: Hi I would like to request for help to confirm if access rights to use remote desktop can be given to specific accounts.I was told that such access rights are given at 'physical port' level.This means that if access rights are restricted for a desktop/laptop, not even the...
  7. remote access to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote access to desktop: Good day, Can you please help me to remotely access my son's desktop, I tried doing the quick assist but ot's not working. are there any other options? Thank you. Joyce...
  8. Remote Desktop Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Access: My computer isn't discoverable by other networks. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-access/bf8dd71e-9162-4d54-884a-97dec0fd91c4
  9. No Access to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop and is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...
  10. No Access to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...