Windows 10: Can't access Samba shares on 10049

Discus and support Can't access Samba shares on 10049 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just reinstalled after I was having issues. Everything seems to be working smoothly, except that I can't access the shares on all but one of my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DrPower, Apr 2, 2015.

1. DrPower Win User

Can't access Samba shares on 10049

I just reinstalled after I was having issues. Everything seems to be working smoothly, except that I can't access the shares on all but one of my other computers for some reason. Most devices that aren't running either some flavor of Windows or Samba show up just fine.

I tried blocking port 139 and made sure Network file and printer sharing is on, and a few other things, but I'm out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

:)

DrPower, Apr 2, 2015

2. you removed windows firewall service?

So, is it working now? Are your SAMBA shares now accessible?

Andre Da Costa, Apr 2, 2015
  3. Connect Nokia C7(Belle) to Seagate Goflex my Home Live network storage drive.

you can try something called myExplorer:
    http://store.ovi.com/content/97011

This should allow you to access samba shares, although I can't test it for you as I don't have an anna/belle phone I'm afraid.

Mechanimal82, Apr 2, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

I have NO issues now with SAMBA on build 10049 -- before the "C" drive was only showing SOME files - now the whole drive / shares are visible. Works FROM SAMBA ===> WINDOWS and from WINDOWS ==>SAMBA. No problem either with WIN 10 ==>WIN7 and XP and from XP / WIN 7 ==>W10. I don't have W8.1 any more.

Running CENTOS 7 (64 bit) SAMBA version 4.1.12-21. If you use YUM there's a great GUI -- YUM-EXTENDER - makes updating a synch. Other distros -- not sure maybe some type of apt-get.

Try updating your system / distro with relevant updates.

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 3, 2015
  5. DrPower Win User
    Huh, interesting. Both systems are completely updated, and I'm able to see the Samba shares from other devices on my network.

It appears that I'm running Samba 3.6, and the current version is 4.2 so It's possible this issue has been fixed in between. I'll try reinstalling Samba later today and see what happens.

EDIT: I was eventually able to connect manually by ip address despite not getting to connect by name, which suggests some sort of issue with DNS. But in 10049 I can't change network adapter settings so I can't know for sure at the moment.
    I'll leave this here in case someone else has a similar problem.

DrPower, Apr 3, 2015
  6. Roger Win User
    May find help here.............
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7

I've edited the page to connect another device to a home network down to a "sorta" checklist page. After editing it's 7KB zipped and I'd be glad to email it to anyone that wants it but I don't know how............ never tried it *Huh

Roger, Apr 3, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Build 10049 -- known problem and acknowledged by Ms -- WIRED (Ethernet) adapter settings can't be changed -- bit of a bummer if you need to change Ethernet settings.

Will be fixed in next release. You could test with a USB Wifi (wireless) adapter of course. Not as good a s a LAN but better than nothing just to see if connectivity works.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

Networking with 10041 and 10049 is somehow messed up and is a hit or miss.
    Although manual connection works by using IP addresses but auto detect isn't working.
    Same problem with clean install of 10051 but I am not gonna bother with it too much because it's not an official release.

badrobot, Apr 5, 2015
  9. I have a network with 4 notebooks, 3 android mobiles, 2 WD external ethernet hard drive, 1 WDTV Live. After upgrade to Windows 10, when I click to "Network" (On Windows Explorer left panel), I can not see nothing. The computer can not see even itself. I have been searching in foruns and a lot of people are talking about this Windows 10 bug. I have tryed to configure the network using the router (DLink dir635) and the modem Humax. Nothing. The curious is: I have 3 notebooks with Windows 10. If I turn them all off and turn off the router, after turn on again, the first computer the see the shares, but the others can not. Other people talk in foruns about this problem. My problem is not only makes Windows 10 see My Cloud and My Book Live, but get back my home network Windows 10 get way. In the beginning, I thought the problem was with the Windows 10 version. I have one notebook Windows 10 (10240) that work perfectly well and two notebooks with Windows 10 (1511) that did not. After, I discover that, as I do not turn them off, the diference was not the Windows 10 version, but the fact the notebook with Windows 10 (10240) was the first turned on in the network. As I explained before, when I turn them all off, if I turn one notebook with Windows 10 (1511) [November Update] it will work perfectly well, but only the first turned on.

persiomenezes, Jan 5, 2016
  10. linw Win User
    It IS a 1511 version problem. The reason your turn on sequence sees the first come right is that the first one turned on becomes the master browser and the master browser does not have the discovery problem.

Thema:

1. Can't access Samba shares on 10049 - Similar Threads - Can't access Samba

2. Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares: I have problem to connect from Windows 11 to my sambashares on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS but to my sambashare on Linux raspberrypi 6.1.21-v8+ the connection works. When I tested with Windows 10 I was able to connect both Ubuntu's and RaspberryPi's samba shares without problems....
  3. Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares: I have problem to connect from Windows 11 to my sambashares on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS but to my sambashare on Linux raspberrypi 6.1.21-v8+ the connection works. When I tested with Windows 10 I was able to connect both Ubuntu's and RaspberryPi's samba shares without problems....
  4. Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba.: Hello, I am trying to make a samba server in pop!_os, I've tried connecting to samba with my Asus N43SL and it worked, but when I tried it on the Lenovo V330-14kb it doesn't work, I tried the troubleshooter, but it doesn't do anything....
  5. Connecting to a Samba Share

Connecting to a Samba Share: I am trying to connect to a samba share. There are two users on the machine. user1 was able to access the share drive and map the share on the machine. user2 was able to access the folders. the next day user1 could not access the drives that were mapped nor could they...
  6. Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update: Hi everybody, Since yesterday i have already 6 computers of our company Windows 10 Pro, witch upgraded automatically to 2004. And since this upgrade they are unable to connect to any network share via SMB. These shares are not only on our Domain controller, but also on...
  7. I can't get Win10 PC to Access Ubuntu 18.10 Samba Shares

I can't get Win10 PC to Access Ubuntu 18.10 Samba Shares: Actually, I don't know if I have a Windows problem or a Ubuntu problem here. I've been using a Ubuntu server for years accessing it with Windows computers with no problems. Then I upgraded to Ubuntu 18.10 I'm trying to share several folders from my Ubuntu server with my...
  8. Cannot access Samba share

Cannot access Samba share: Hi, I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this...
  9. W10 not discovering SAMBA devices starting in 10049 and Other Tips

W10 not discovering SAMBA devices starting in 10049 and Other Tips: I registered to let everyone know how I solved my problem with connecting to my NAS by NETBIOS name. Starting with build 10049, my NAS would not appear when I go to "Network" in explorer. All of my Windows based PC's showed up but my NAS wouldn't. Even when I try to...
  10. Long file names and shared (Samba) files access - But !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Long file names and shared (Samba) files access - But !!: Hi there Windows build 1607 Pro X64 GB edition. You CAN access these files when a Samba drive is mounted as network drive but Windows truncates the names !!!! Music will play though with VLC etc. But as VLC uses file explorer to browse files you get the ones with the...