Windows 10: Cant access settings

Discus and support Cant access settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My dad has just upgraded to windows 10 and is having a couple mof issues the first is that he cant access the settings. He presses it via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gbu, Aug 16, 2015.

1. GBU
    gbu Win User

Cant access settings

My dad has just upgraded to windows 10 and is having a couple mof issues the first is that he cant access the settings.

He presses it via the start>settings but it just flashes up then goes off.
    Hes tried the Windows key + i same thing happens
    Also via windows explorer>This Pc>Computer>Open Settings

He has ASUS X550C laptop

Any help will me most appreciated.

:)

2. Cant access settings

I cant access settings using any kind of access point including start menu keyboard shortcuts nothing. Im running windoes 10 on an Asus M5 A97 R2.0 motherboard with an Amd fx 8320 8 core processor.

markolsen1, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Sam Pryor Win User
    Cant access settings

Hi, I have the same issue. This is what I do:

Run Task Manager (Ctl + Shift + Esc), search for the process called Windows Explorer, right click on it and select Restart.

Cant access settings [​IMG]

Once the Taskbar reappears Settings will then work as normal.

Sam Pryor, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

Cant access settings

To be honest, this is something that would require a LOT more information to solve.
    is this the Only issue you are facing or are there multiple issues?

let me know

Harpert, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Create a new user account and see if it works there.

ventanasguy, Aug 16, 2015
  6. GBU
    gbu Win User
    @Harpert
    How much more information would you like and ill find out?
    The other 2 issues he has encountered was his DVD drive wasn't being recognised or any USB drive either.
    @ventanasguy
    Ill see if he can add another user account to try

7. jc508 Win User
    I have the same problem - you cant add a new account because that is in 'settings' and 'settings' is not accessible!

jc508, Aug 17, 2015
  8. GBU
    gbu Win User

Cant access settings

9. Harpert Win User
    Hi,

Happy to see that it's solved.
    Sorry I could not assist earlier *Smile

Have a good weekend....

Harpert, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cant access settings

1. Cant access settings - Similar Threads - Cant access settings

2. cant access the windows virus settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant access the windows virus settings: says i have to contact my it admin when this pc is my own and i tried everything from putting commands in to cmd and the reg edit stuff and it didnt work...
  3. cant access the windows virus settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant access the windows virus settings: says i have to contact my it admin when this pc is my own and i tried everything from putting commands in to cmd and the reg edit stuff and it didnt work...
  4. Cant access account settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access account settings: Hi,I am running Windows 11 and when I try access the account setting screen it says ' its not you its us, something went wrong our end' i was wondering if there is any way around this as it has been like this a while and doesn't seem to be changing, I have done all the...
  5. Cant access account settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access account settings: Hi,I am running Windows 11 and when I try access the account setting screen it says ' its not you its us, something went wrong our end' i was wondering if there is any way around this as it has been like this a while and doesn't seem to be changing, I have done all the...
  6. Cant access account settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Cant access settings in windows 10

Cant access settings in windows 10: I cant access settings in windows 10 laptop and cant take screen shot or type to search here option, I also cant type anything on start menu what happened, how can i fix this problemI use acer aspire 3 laptop with windows 10, this problem occurred after i updated to the...
  8. Cant access UEFI firmware settings

Cant access UEFI firmware settings: I'm tying to access the bios to enable virtualization but clicking UEFI firmware settings => restart just boots my pc normally. None of the buttons that should boot my pc in bios does anything either.How can i access bios?...
  9. help i cant access settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help i cant access settings: [ATTACH] Ive been searching everywhere for a way to fix it but i cant find any. Does anybody know how to fix this? submitted by /u/Diat0119 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsptc9/help_i_cant_access_settings/
  10. cant access network and internet in settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant access network and internet in settings: when i try to open network and internet the app closes and that is all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-network-and-internet-in-settings/a44f5fd4-f761-4244-90bc-8c7e23bda140