Windows 10: Can't access shared folder with password protection on

Discus and support Can't access shared folder with password protection on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As I said in the title I can't access a shared folder with password protection on but I can with password protection off. Also I can't stop sharing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lynxloco, Mar 10, 2016.

1. lynxloco Win User

Can't access shared folder with password protection on

As I said in the title I can't access a shared folder with password protection on but I can with password protection off.

Also I can't stop sharing, when I click the button to stop sharing nothing happens.

Thanks in advance.

:)

lynxloco, Mar 10, 2016

2. can't connect with android

I can connect with ES File explorer ( without username and password ) by turn off password protected sharing, under all network. but I can't access my main user account in ES.Can access other shared folder.in Solid explorer same result as Es File Explorer.

another app X-plore can connect with password protected sharing and can access main account and other shared folder.

Patel_Paresh, Mar 10, 2016
  3. Network Credentials - Does each computer on a network need a DIFFERENT UserName and PassWord?

Do have Public Folder Sharing enabled on the remote computer are trying to access?

Open Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Status

Scroll to the bottom

Click Network and Sharing Center

Click Change advanced sharing settings

Expand All Networks

Under Password protected sharing

Switch between 'Turn on password protected sharing and Turn off password protected sharing'

Then choose 'Turn off password protected sharing'

Then click 'Save changes'

Andre Da Costa, Mar 10, 2016
Thema:

Can't access shared folder with password protection on

1. Can't access shared folder with password protection on - Similar Threads - Can't access shared

2. Can't access shared folder on the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access shared folder on the network: Hello,I'm trying to share a folder in my computer with another computer on my network my computer is Win11, the other Win10. The other computer sees the folder and my computer, but when they try to access it, the following error message is shown: 'You don't have permission to...
  3. Cant access shared network files when password protected sharing is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access shared network files when password protected sharing is on: Hi allIm trying to share network files on my server with different rights to different users.This requires, if i understand it correctly that password protected sharing is on.But the problem is that when i turn it on i cant access the shared folder even if i enter the correct...
  4. Cant access shared network files when password protected sharing is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access shared network files when password protected sharing is on: Hi allIm trying to share network files on my server with different rights to different users.This requires, if i understand it correctly that password protected sharing is on.But the problem is that when i turn it on i cant access the shared folder even if i enter the correct...
  5. How to protect SMB shared folders with a password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to protect SMB shared folders with a password?: I've shared some folders in Windows to access them from my phone and laptop, but they are visible and accessible to everyone connecting on my WiFi, so I want to protect those shared folders with a password. How can I do that? submitted by /u/Rachid90 [link] [comments]...
  6. How to protect SMB shared folders with a password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to protect SMB shared folders with a password?: I've shared some folders in Windows to access them from my phone and laptop, but they are visible and accessible to everyone connecting on my WiFi, so I want to protect those shared folders with a password. How can I do that? submitted by /u/Rachid90 [link] [comments]...
  7. Can't access to shared folders on Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access to shared folders on Windows10: I can't access to shared folders from my PC. I tried to access on shared also via \\IP\shared but doesn't work. What could be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-to-shared-folders-on-windows10/540f3cf0-f506-42fa-960c-17713ba7b4a2"
  8. password protected sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    password protected sharing: I can't turn it off. I know how it's supposed to work. I turn it off, click "save changes" but it doesn't turn off. I can't use the local users and groups snap in with my version of windows 10. I have tried the registry edit method mentioned elsewhere. That did not work....
  9. Can't remove access to shared folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't remove access to shared folders: Yesterday, I noticed that suddenly my desktop and the my documents folder are shared folders. I have not done this. I have been trying to remove this without succes. RIght clicking the file or folder and go give access to-> remove acces does nothing. It pops up a screen that...
  10. Password protected share able to access without authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password protected share able to access without authentication: We have configured samba with password protected share folders. The problem what we are facing is, due to windows caching authentication is not asking when we change the password .For example Share has been configured with user name and password, when we trying to access the...