Windows 10: Can't access the basket in Microsoft software update catalog...

Discus and support Can't access the basket in Microsoft software update catalog... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was trying to download the latest driver for Realtek HD Audio and saw that the link to do so was a sticky so it must be a popular thing to do. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HowardWoodard, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Can't access the basket in Microsoft software update catalog...

I was trying to download the latest driver for Realtek HD Audio and saw that the link to do so was a sticky so it must be a popular thing to do. I tried to download the driver in the catalog -- not sure why there are two that are described identically but are different sizes -- and it appeared it was gonna work until I clicked on view basket in order to download the selected driver. There I encounter an error each time I try.

I have used the Microsoft software update catalog before to manually apply updates. I'm pretty sure that I've never had any problem with any of the feature/functionality -- at least I don't remember ever having any. For some reason, while I can browse/search it and select updates to download resulting in the number shown in the catalog being updated,, whenever I click on view basket I get the error shown at the bottom of this post.

I'm running Win 10/IE 11 and have tried setting the site to "compatible" as well as enabling cookies and pop-ups explicitly for this site. Nothing has had any effect -- each time sameO sameO.

I've seen tons of posts with this same problem and most of the responses just seem to be shots in the dark -- some with the suggestions to do the above.

Is anybody familiar with this issue and what I need to do to resolve it?

In fact, I don't care if I download fr4om some other site but I can't find any other sources, even Realtek, for this newest driver. If you know a downloadable sorce for this same driver then I can worry about using the catalog another day.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Howard
    Redmond, WA

====================================================
    The website has encountered a problem
    [Error number: 8DDD0010]

There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following:
    Contact the Web site administrator and inform them that this error has occurred for this Web page address.

:)

HowardWoodard, Apr 17, 2016

2. Problems with windows 10

You can find the update package for KB3099406 in the Windows Update Catalog at

Microsoft Update Catalog

You MUST use IE 11 to access the catalog. IE 11 is in the Windows Accessories folder on your All Apps menu. Add the appropriate update for your system to the basket and download to your desktop. Double-click
    it to run the update.

Cbarnhorst, Apr 17, 2016
  3. elTRex Win User
    KB3172985 won't install, can't get update on catalog

Hi, my pc is stuck with the KB3172985 update that fail to finish update.

So i tried to use the update catalog (and was forced to use I.E. since my Firefox won't load the site).

But after i add the update to the basket when i click to see my basket, it is empty so i cannot download the update.

Can't access the basket in Microsoft software update catalog... [​IMG]

then i click view basket and :

Can't access the basket in Microsoft software update catalog... [​IMG]

Same applies to the KB3172988 update witch seems to be a fix to the KB3172985 update, i can't download it on the catalog.

I even tried to delete the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download files to "reset" the Windows Update. It tried to re download the KB3172985 again but it's ending failing to to install it again.

What can I do for this update ?

elTRex, Apr 17, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Can't access the basket in Microsoft software update catalog...

simrick, Apr 17, 2016
  5. Thanks. The one at this link shows a date of 6/26/2015 and has a different version (2.79) than the one shown in the catalog which is:
    Last Updated: March 30th 2016 DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.7786 and the one that I currently have installed which is dated 6/18/2015 and is version 6.0.1.7541. It is also 2+ times as big as the others are listed.

I'll pull it down and see if I can reconcile it to either of these two others. Thanks again but I'm guessing its the same as the one I saw on the Realtek site which is an older version.

6. simrick Win User
    Oh wow - that's a major difference. And you can't get it to update in Device Manager (right-clicking and selecting update driver, then search automatically)? I also had a look on the ASUS site for your MB, but found only W7 drivers for this. *Sad

simrick, Apr 17, 2016
  7. Not sure what all the date and size differences are but it turns out that the driver you referenced is the same version that I downloaded from Realtek and the same version that Windows finds with Update. The only place I've found any reference to driver 6.0.1.7786 is here on this board.

I'm really curious as to why I can't view my basket in the software update catalog. I feel like the driver I need is just beyond that little step. *Smile

Thanks for trying the Asus site. I also posted to their support forum.

Best regards,

Howard

8. simrick Win User

Strange, yes. Keep us posted if anything changes. *Smile

simrick, Apr 17, 2016
  9. I decided to read all of the comments below the "sticky" download link. Almost at the end I ran across where someone posted a Realtek link with the logon information to an even newer driver. I downloaded it and after installation everything is working just like you would want it to.

Build 7796 WHQL now available from the Realtek ftp.

L: ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/Ge..._Win7_WHQL.zip

username: spcust
    password: hwwk758z

Looks like the sticky itself needs to be updated.

Thanks for everything.

HowardWoodard, Apr 18, 2016
  10. simrick Win User
    I see it, yes.
    Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Page 81 - Windows 10 Forums

Glad you found that! Thanks for updating the thread. Cheers! *Smile

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't access the basket in Microsoft software update catalog... - Similar Threads - Can't access basket

2. Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Update Catalog: In the Microsoft Update Catalog you used to be able to enter 2022-11 to get all the Windows updates for the year and month. Now the same search returns over 1000 results, including drivers, etc. Been broken like this for over 3 months. When will this be fixed??...
  3. Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Update Catalog: In the Microsoft Update Catalog you used to be able to enter 2022-11 to get all the Windows updates for the year and month. Now the same search returns over 1000 results, including drivers, etc. Been broken like this for over 3 months. When will this be fixed??...
  4. MDT 2013 & Microsoft Update Catalog Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MDT 2013 & Microsoft Update Catalog Updates: Hiya,I have two issues here, which I'm hoping someone maybe able to assist.Firstly, could you kindly help me figure out why MDT doesn't seem to be pushing out packages through the Package folder, from what I gather it's possible to have an isolated deployment environment...
  5. MDT 2013 & Microsoft Update Catalog Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MDT 2013 & Microsoft Update Catalog Updates: Hiya,I have two issues here, which I'm hoping someone maybe able to assist.Firstly, could you kindly help me figure out why MDT doesn't seem to be pushing out packages through the Package folder, from what I gather it's possible to have an isolated deployment environment...
  6. Res API for Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Res API for Microsoft Update Catalog: Hello all, I am trying to find any way how to automatically download KBs from Microsoft update catalog. In our company we should deliver new patches for different versions of windows 1607, 1809, 1909,... I know what to download but do not know how. Is there any official way...
  7. Cannot access Microsoft update catalog from any browsers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot access Microsoft update catalog from any browsers: It just started on October 24, I went to support microsoft.com page to download (KB4462933), When I clicked Microsoft update catalog link, it gave me a download file 4462933.csv (you can see the picture). [img] It is the same to all other browsers: Firefox, Tor, Internet...
  8. Error on Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error on Microsoft Update Catalog: I just download windows update catalog for 86x-based on KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285). But when I try to install it, installation fails and dialog box says some updates were not install. I have run windows troubleshooter and restarted my pc but nothing seems to work. What...
  9. Microsoft Update Catalog Does Nothing?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Update Catalog Does Nothing?: As reported in this thread: Cumulative Update KB3120677 Nov. 24th. I can never get the Microsoft Update Catalog downloads to work *Sad It just sits there with a blue IE window with the Microsoft Update Catalog logo top left (see attached) which is after I clicked the...
  10. Microsoft now allows other browsers to access the Update Catalog

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft now allows other browsers to access the Update Catalog: Microsoft has finally rolled out a new version of the Update Catalog website that makes it possible for users to access it without Internet Explorer, the company’s old browser that was the only one supported on the page. From now on, pretty much every browser out there,...