Windows 10: Can't access Windows 10 Settings, keeps freezing

Discus and support Can't access Windows 10 Settings, keeps freezing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Specs: Motherboard: ASRock (not sure what model, System Information doesn't say. I bought it in Japan two year ago.) CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 RAM: 16... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JJ_JJ_JJ, Jul 22, 2018.

1. JJ_JJ_JJ Win User

Can't access Windows 10 Settings, keeps freezing

Specs:

Motherboard: ASRock (not sure what model, System Information doesn't say. I bought it in Japan two year ago.)
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4460
    RAM: 16 GB DDR3
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti
    Storage: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

As the title says, I can't access Windows 10 Settings. It either freezes up or takes a really long time to load after clicking (10+ minutes).

It first started as not being able to access the Search function or Skype, and after poking around I can't seem to access Indexing Options either. (The icon is just a blank page, as if there's no image associated, and when I click on it nothing happens.)

I tried to uninstall the last update but it did nothing. I also tried to run sfc /scannow but that also yielded nothing. Tried to end Cortana in Task Manager but that did nothing. Now I want to do a clean install but I can't link my Microsoft account to this computer because the window to Add Account would just pop up and disappear after a while.

The only thing that's new is that I put in a new SSD a couple of days ago. I cloned my C drive onto it and everything seemed to be working fine then. This issue just started today.

Non-Windows, third party programs seem to work fine. Google Chrome works well (although every time I re-start the computer now it asks me if it wants to restore my tabs, which didn't happen before.)

Would greatly appreciate any advice on the matter.

:)

JJ_JJ_JJ, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 15, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows keeps freezing up

Hi Brian,

If your computer is freezing, it could due to the operating system being outdated, or that some applications in your system is causing it to freeze, etc. For us to isolate the issue about Windows 10 freezing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When does Windows 10 hangs/freezes? Is it after logging in to Windows? Or is it when you are using an application?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your computer?
    • Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows? If yes, which version of Windows was previously installed on your computer?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your computer. If there are, kindly install them and restart your computer. After restarting, check if Windows 10 still freezes. Here's how
    to check for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , then select Check for updates.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't access Windows 10 Settings, keeps freezing - Similar Threads - Can't access Settings

2. Can't access the hotspot settings freezes when clicking on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access the hotspot settings freezes when clicking on it: Last day, I set up my 4G modem and connected it by ethernet to my laptop. Furthermore, I used my laptop as a hotspot for my phone and my nintendo switch and it worked very well.However, the next day I am now unable to activate the hotspot or access the settings as the...
  3. Can't access the hotspot settings freezes when clicking on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access the hotspot settings freezes when clicking on it: Last day, I set up my 4G modem and connected it by ethernet to my laptop. Furthermore, I used my laptop as a hotspot for my phone and my nintendo switch and it worked very well.However, the next day I am now unable to activate the hotspot or access the settings as the...
  4. Can't access settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access settings: I am not able to access settings, files or anything. Please help. It shows error 26ee0668-a00a-44d7-9371-beb064c98683 It started after a windows update. I have Windows 10....
  5. Can't access settings on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't access settings on my windows 10: I updated to September 8, 2020 - KB4571756 and now I can't access the settings in my windows 10. Even I can't change the display settings in my windows 10. Anybody can help?...
  6. Can't access settings!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access settings!!: Every time I attempt to click the settings button, the screen comes up as if it is loading and then a second later it disappears and I am unable to access it! Any help is appreciated! I tried to look online but everything that I found has not worked yet!...
  7. Can't Access Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Access Settings: I click it and nothing happens, I've tried Windows Button + I and a few other things. I've run SFC, all with no luck. By the way this is a clean install of Windows 10, it was working this morning, hardly done anything to it yet! Any advice please....
  8. Can't access settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access settings: I cannot access settings (it wont open each time i try) and setting like on the picture looks lock so i cant access them either[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-settings/b10a99f9-0a94-4378-ad64-c729510041ac
  9. Accessing settings freezes PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Accessing settings freezes PC: When I click on Settings; my PC always freezes. Hard restart required. Windows 10 Lenovo Yogo 900 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-settings-freezes-pc/02c08f70-592a-4db6-8085-09f039d3b5d4"
  10. Can't access Cortana's setting. Keeps freezing once I click settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Cortana's setting. Keeps freezing once I click settings.: I'm really looking for a fix for my problem. I'm trying to access the settings for Cortana, the program works fine and all but I want to access the settings but once I bring up the options and specifically click settings,Cortana freezes and forces me to have to end the task,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access settings windows 10

2. windows settings freezing

3. windows 10 settings freezes

4. how come i cant access settings in windows 10,
  5. CANT ACCESS WINDOWS SETTINGS,
  6. windows 10 sync your settings freezes,
  7. windows 10 sync my settings freezes,
  8. windows 10 settings freezes up,
  9. sync your settings freezes,
  10. cant access windows update settings,
  11. win 10 freezes access system setting,