Windows 10: Can't Access Yahoo Mail using Edge Browser

Discus and support Can't Access Yahoo Mail using Edge Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ever since I've been using Edge, I'm never able to get into my Yahoo mail. Instead, I get a message, "Please reload the page and try again or use... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mr Ed, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Can't Access Yahoo Mail using Edge Browser

Ever since I've been using Edge, I'm never able to get into my Yahoo mail. Instead, I get a message, "Please reload the page and try again or use another browser". Reloading doesn't help. I have other browsers I can use, but if I'm already using Edge, it would be more convenient. Any ideas why Edge can't access Yahoo mail?

:)

Mr Ed, Feb 22, 2017
  2. Ron_330 Win User

Scroll bar on right side of the yahoo mail not working with Microsoft Edge browser

I have the same problem when I sign in one of my Yahoo email (New email version) using
    MICROSOFT EDGE BROWSER.

I can't scroll down in mail list or can't move scroll bar on the right, and can't read email content by scrolling down.

Scrolling bar does not respond.

This problem only happens using MICROSOFT EDGE BROWSER.

I signed in Yahoo mail using Internet explorer or Google and there is no problem to move scroll bar or scroll down mail content.

But it has no problem to move scroll bar for my another Yahoo email account which is a Classic version of Yahoo mail.

I can't find any way to switch Yahoo mail new version to the classic version.

I could not find any answer by searching and googling in internet.

Ron_330, Feb 22, 2017
  3. Problems with Yahoo Mail on Windows 10

I am using the desktop Yahoo Mail app in Windows 10. Tends for lock up frequently. I have to close and reopen the app. (Gets tedious!)

I will try accessing Yahoo Mail via Microsoft Edge browser. (This is the browser that Microsoft is "pushing" to use with Windows 10.)

Always changing but not always improving.

IsraelC214, Feb 22, 2017
  4. Can't Access Yahoo Mail using Edge Browser

Hello Mr Ed

I just used my account successfully. Try deleting your browsing data, three dots upper right, setting, clear browsing data. Restart Edge. Test

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 23, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Yahoo works fine in Edge for me, so it should be possible.

What does Winver show for your version and build number? There have been problems with some builds where MS's browsers (both Edge and IE) have not been recognised as compatible by some sites, Yahoo in particular. I had a similar problem in IE with the early builds of the Anniversary Update.

Yahoo says IE11 is an 'unsupported browser' since Anniversary Update

Subsequent updates fixed this problem, but until then there was a workaround. It was to un-tick 'Use Microsoft Compatibility List'. As I said the version of Edge in version 1607, OS build 14393.693 works with Yahoo Mail. If you have a different version/build you could try turning off 'Use Microsoft Compatibility List'. To do this you need to get to Edge's Developer settings. Type about:flags in its address box.

6. Mr Ed Win User
    Caledon Ken, I tried your suggestion, but NG. My version is 1607, OS build 14393.693. I'm not going to be concerned about this I have 3 other browsers I can use (Chrome, Firefox or Opera). Anyhow, I'm profiting from the learning experience, thanks to you guys on this forum.

BTW, I tied the about:flags suggestion. Stiil NG. Anyway was interesting trying. I'll just stick with the other browsers *Tongue

Mr Ed, Feb 23, 2017
  7. Thanks for posting back. Another member is having a similar issue.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Access Yahoo Mail using Edge Browser

1. Can't Access Yahoo Mail using Edge Browser - Similar Threads - Can't Access Yahoo

2. Yahoo mail alerts with Edge!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo mail alerts with Edge!: Hi again and "Happy New Year", after weeks sorry months of problems with the Windows 10 Mailbox/Calendar app I have removed it. The main issue not being able to add my yahoo email account! I have set up two live Yahoo tiles now, one with my incoming mail and the other with...
  3. Yahoo mail alerts with Edge!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo mail alerts with Edge!: Hi again and "Happy New Year", after weeks sorry months of problems with the Windows 10 Mailbox/Calendar app I have removed it. The main issue not being able to add my yahoo email account! I have set up two live Yahoo tiles now, one with my incoming mail and the other with...
  4. Problem Accessing Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Accessing Yahoo Mail: I just bought a new desktop which included Windows 11 Home. I can't access my yahoo email thru windows 11 or Microsoft Outlook. I can't go direct to yahoo and access my mail.[Original Title: Mail]...
  5. Yahoo browser taken over the edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yahoo browser taken over the edge browser: Yahoo browser taken over the edge browser and I can't get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/yahoo-browser-taken-over-the-edge-browser/bf9b1347-6647-4be4-8abf-dea2f647e234
  6. Using Windows Live Mail to access Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Windows Live Mail to access Yahoo Mail: I received an email from Yahoo on 25 August titled Important security notice about your Yahoo account. This informed me that I had to take some action before 20 October 2020 to continue to use a third party application to access my Yahoo email account. As I use Windows...
  7. yahoo mail access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    yahoo mail access: Can´t access yahoo mail anymore from this pc page is redirected to "https://guce.yahoo.com/" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/yahoo-mail-access/aa37f791-d0ea-41ae-970b-545725b912bd
  8. can't use yahoo toolbar on edge

in Browsers and Email
    can't use yahoo toolbar on edge: I find myself having to use my old trusty internet explorer 11 instead of being able to use the much trumped new edge because my yahoo toolbar won't work on edge , i'm visually impaired and use yahoo toolbar a lot . so to me Microsoft new browser is all but useless ..any...
  9. Yahoo Mail Search Functions Fails In Microsoft Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo Mail Search Functions Fails In Microsoft Edge Browser: When I search my Yahoo mail, opened in Microsoft Edge, it gives me error: An error occurred while trying to fetch the items in this list. Retry Search works okay when Yahoo Mail is opened in other browser. Why so? I just switched to Edge and I noticed this. Thanks....
  10. Settled on Edge with Yahoo Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Settled on Edge with Yahoo Mail: After numerous trial runs I settled on MS Edge with Yahoo Mail. Choose Edge due to its simplicity and speed. Choose Yahoo Mail because of it flawless performance and ease of use. GMail and Oulook would not sync. Firefox is a very good browser yet I like simplicity and speed....