Windows 10: Cant activate Win 10 after a reinstall

Discus and support Cant activate Win 10 after a reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The question yields not the pc I'm on now. Another pc had problems with running some games I like, Microsoft games. It came up "gathering exception... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hans.israelson, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Cant activate Win 10 after a reinstall

The question yields not the pc I'm on now.

Another pc had problems with running some games I like, Microsoft games. It came up "gathering exception data" often when launchin the game or during gaming.

After reinstall I got new features but also I was told to activate windows. I typed in the code from the package but was told it wasn't guilty.

I noted that I had got the professional version instead of the home version.

I cant know why cause I used the dvd in the package.

probably this is the reason, my code doesn't fit with the upgrade I didn't ask for.

What to do in this situation.

Regards / Hans

Sweden

:)

Hans.israelson, Aug 4, 2018

2. active a win 10 reinstall

I got win 8 geniuene, then upgrade to win 10 for free. But now I must replace my HDD and reinstall win 10. How can I active it?

Raptor1812, Aug 4, 2018
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

1 of my laptop has win 7, but not ufei so the key is not in the bios, but I did use the internet after I upgraded to win 10, so it's safe for me to just wipe and reinstall win 10 with win 7 key?

seems like my win 8 machine will be fine with the ufei thing.

JebusPrime, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Cant activate Win 10 after a reinstall

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Cant activate Win 10 after a reinstall

1. Cant activate Win 10 after a reinstall - Similar Threads - Cant activate reinstall

2. Win 11 pro not activating after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 pro not activating after reinstallation: Hello,My system was running win 11 pro OS. After re-installation the OS is not upgrading to Pro from home. The system originally was shipped with win 10 home OS, later upgraded to Win 10 Pro.On entering the license key the error saying"It looks like the hardware on the device...
  3. Win 11 pro not activating after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 pro not activating after reinstallation: Hello,My system was running win 11 pro OS. After re-installation the OS is not upgrading to Pro from home. The system originally was shipped with win 10 home OS, later upgraded to Win 10 Pro.On entering the license key the error saying"It looks like the hardware on the device...
  4. Win 10 Activation. Must reinstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Activation. Must reinstall?: I have installed Win 10 via Boot Camp on an apple MBP using an iso from microsoft. I was a fight, and I don't want to reinstall windows. If I buy an activation code must I enter it durring the installan prosses, None of the instructions on line mention adding the code to an...
  5. Win 10 Activation. Must reinstall?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Activation. Must reinstall?: I have installed Win 10 via Boot Camp on an apple MBP using an iso from microsoft. I was a fight, and I don't want to reinstall windows. If I buy an activation code must I enter it durring the installan prosses, None of the instructions on line mention adding the code to an...
  6. Win 10 Activation. Must reinstall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win 10 activation problems after reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 activation problems after reinstall: I just reinstalled Windows on my Dell XPS 15 9550 to fix some problems I was having, after checking that my version of windows was digitally activated. It was, so I went ahead a wiped the SSD and reinstalled from a USB. Under activation in the new install however, it says...
  8. I cant activate Windows after reinstalling

I cant activate Windows after reinstalling: Hello, I bought my laptop 2 years ago and I now I had problems and had to reformat the laptop. I saved my license key and when I wanted to reactivate Windows says we cant connect to your organizations server. [ATTACH] I also tried the MAK solution. It said that the...
  9. cant activate my windows 10 after reinstallation

cant activate my windows 10 after reinstallation: was using windows 10 but system broke down .have fixed laptop but cant reactive the windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-my-windows-10-after-reinstallation/1b313321-dcac-461a-ac3e-e049055c832b"
  10. WIN 10 activation after reinstalling

WIN 10 activation after reinstalling: I had Windows 8.1 running on my PC then I upgraded to Windows 10. However I had to do a hardware change and Windows 10 disactivated. Can you instruct me how to activate Windows 10 again. I managed to download it but the setup failed and Windows 10 has gone.....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot activate win 10 after reinstall