Windows 10: Can't Activate Windows 10 With Previous Digital Entitlement key

Discus and support Can't Activate Windows 10 With Previous Digital Entitlement key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently built a new computer and installed Windows 10 via USB from my old rig. I recorded the digital entitlement key down before I retired that PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RanDumSocks, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Can't Activate Windows 10 With Previous Digital Entitlement key

I recently built a new computer and installed Windows 10 via USB from my old rig. I recorded the digital entitlement key down before I retired that PC. When I try to activate Windows using that key I get the error 0x803FA067.

For context, I had a CD for Windows 8 (can't find it unfortunately) and installed that on my old PC. I then upgraded to Win10 during the November update and read up that my old key would not work and instead I would have to use my digital entitlement key which I found.

I also took note of my Product ID and Windows BIOS Key just in case I needed those for any reason.

I do have my old PC still here so if I need to use that for anything, it is an option.

Help would be much appreciated.

:)

RanDumSocks, Aug 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 generic key; what is Digital Entitlement?

The Digital Entitlement performs a verification based on certain factors:

• Qualifying, genuine, activated version of Windows installed (Windows 7 with SP1 or Windows 8.1 with Update 1 installed)
    • BIOS Marker, if your system came with a genuine previous version of Windows from an OEM brand such as DELL, HP, Sony.
    • When either of these scenarios are available, Windows 10 will install on your system without the need for a Windows 10 specific product key.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Digital entitlement to Product key to activate Windows 10.

Hello Iman,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

The Digital Entitlement performs verification based on certain factors:

• Qualifying, genuine, activated version of Windows installed (Windows 7 with SP1 or Windows 8.1 with update and installed).
    • BIOS maker, if your system came with a genuine previous version of Windows from an OEM brand such as DELL, HP, Sony and others.

When either of the scenarios are available, Windows 10 will install on your system without the need for a Windows 10 specific product key.

If you are not using a genuine copy of Windows, the computer will ask you for a license key to activate the operating system.

Method 1: Go to Windows Store and activate your copy by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, select
      Settings
      > Update & security > Activation.
    • If your activation state says Connect to the Internet to activate Windows, it might mean you are not connected to the Internet or the activation servers are busy.
    • If you're connected to the Internet, Windows 10 will be automatically activated. You can also select
      Activate to try and manually activate Windows. If the activation servers are busy, you might need to wait a while and then try again later.
    • If your activation state says Windows is not activated, select
      Go to Store and check to see if a valid license for Windows is available for your device.
    • If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store or go back to your previous version of Windows, make sure the previous version is activated, and then upgrade to Windows 10.

Method 2: If the issue persist, try activating Windows through phone by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + R keys on the keyboard to open run command, type
      slui.exe 4 and press Enter.
    • Select the country you are living in and make a call to the number provided on the screen.

You can also refer to the below link for Microsoft Volume Licensing Activation Centers
    worldwide telephone numbers:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/existing-customer/activation-centers.aspx

Also refer to the links below on,

Get help with windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Activation in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-in-windows-10

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 21, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Can't Activate Windows 10 With Previous Digital Entitlement key

Restoring Digital Entitlement

Windows 10 activations purchased from the Windows Store result in digital entitlements:
    Activation in Windows 10 - Windows Help

The biggest difference between a digital entitlement and product key activation that a consumer needs to be aware of is that a product key activation can be transferred to a new motherboard/computer whereas a digital entitlement cannot.

NavyLCDR, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Can't Activate Windows 10 With Previous Digital Entitlement key

1. Can't Activate Windows 10 With Previous Digital Entitlement key - Similar Threads - Can't Activate Previous

2. Using digital entitlement Windows 10 will not stay activated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using digital entitlement Windows 10 will not stay activated.: I have a problem with the activation of my Windows 10. Every day I get the message to activate windows. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have HP laptop. Kindly help me activate my Windows. I need help....
  3. Using digital entitlement Windows 10 will not stay activated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using digital entitlement Windows 10 will not stay activated.: I have a problem with the activation of my Windows 10. Every day I get the message to activate windows. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have HP laptop. Kindly help me activate my Windows. I need help....
  4. Using digital entitlement Windows 10 will not stay activated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 will not stay activated, using digital entitlement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not stay activated, using digital entitlement: I have a problem with the activation of my Windows 10. Every day I get the message to activate windows. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7; I have Dell Inspiron. Please help me get my windows activated....
  6. Windows 10 will not stay activated, using digital entitlement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not stay activated, using digital entitlement: I have a problem with the activation of my Windows 10. Every day I get the message to activate windows. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7; I have Dell Inspiron. Please help me get my windows activated....
  7. Windows 10 will not stay activated, using digital entitlement

8. No digital entitlement

No digital entitlement: I upgraded my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home successfully. It shows windows is activated, but there is no message stating digital entitlement. Windows is working fine and updating, but if I need to do a clean install in the future, can this cause any problem, as I...
  9. Restore Windows 10 digital entitlement activation offline

Restore Windows 10 digital entitlement activation offline: Here is some information about how to successfully backup and restore Windows 10 activation when installed through what Microsoft calls "digital entitlement", i. e. having used the free upgrade offer from a previous Windows version. It is mainly intended for advanced users...
  10. Digital entitlement

Digital entitlement: Had an odd thing happen. I had to replace my motherboard(Asus to Asrock) and do a clean install of Win 10 Pro. I have a retail copy of 10 pro but I never entered my licence number as requested during install, when I got the update and security screen/activation I was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant activate digital license

2. cant activate windows with digital entitlement

3. windows cant activate digital