Windows 10: Can't add a new account

Discus and support Can't add a new account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I log in as administrator. When I click on Add someone else to this PC all I get is a new window that disappears instantly. Found out you can't do... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by macnab, Oct 20, 2016.

1. macnab Win User

Can't add a new account

I log in as administrator. When I click on Add someone else to this PC all I get is a new window that disappears instantly.

Found out you can't do it as inbuilt administrator.

:)

macnab, Oct 20, 2016

2. "Something went wrong" error when I try to add a Google or Outlook.com account.

I am having a problem even with existing email accounts. Will this be part of the future fix? I can't access my existing accounts and I can't add a new one.

My accounts have disappeared from Settings -> Accounts -> Your email and accounts -> Mail, Calendar and People

Can't re-add a missing account, or a new one.

Danieltharris, Oct 20, 2016
  3. webgeo99 Win User
    Something went wrong. We're sorry, but we weren't able to do that. Error code: 0x80070422.

Trouble shooter didn't help at all. I can't receive mail with my windows default account and I can't add any new accounts.

webgeo99, Oct 20, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Can't add a new account

Brink, Oct 21, 2016
  5. macnab Win User
    It seems Option 6 is a good choice seeing as I can use an elevated Command Prompt without switching user. Thanks.

macnab, Oct 21, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't add a new account

1. Can't add a new account - Similar Threads - Can't add account

2. can't add an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't add an account: HelloWant to add my wife to my laptop. Get this message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-an-account/08aec03f-7f97-4aaa-b352-2be43e354017
  3. can't add an account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't add an account: HelloWant to add my wife to my laptop. Get this message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-an-account/08aec03f-7f97-4aaa-b352-2be43e354017
  4. Can't add a new member to Family Safety account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add a new member to Family Safety account: Recently, I'm not able to add a new member account to a Family Safety account. Organizer *** Email address is removed for privacy *** New member account that I can't add *** Email address is removed for privacy *** The error message is Something went wrong on our end. Give it...
  5. Can't add a new member to Family Safety account

Can't add a new member to Family Safety account: Recently, I'm not able to add a new member account to a Family Safety account. Organizer *** Email address is removed for privacy *** New member account that I can't add *** Email address is removed for privacy *** The error message is Something went wrong on our end. Give it...
  6. why can't i add new email accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i add new email accounts: why can't i add new email accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-add-new-email-accounts/52dd4d45-1d8c-467d-940e-471765059d41
  7. why can't i add new email accounts

why can't i add new email accounts: why can't i add new email accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-add-new-email-accounts/52dd4d45-1d8c-467d-940e-471765059d41
  8. Can't add new pin to user account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add new pin to user account: Every time i try to add password to my user profile its saying "no internet connection detected please reconect" But I'm connected to the internet, everything online is working tried to troubleshoot and repair, its saying no issues. I don't know what else to do? submitted...
  9. Can't add new account to Contacts people

Can't add new account to Contacts people: Hi, I am trying to add a new account to People/Contacts but I keep getting an error message 0x80004005. It's an pop/imap account. Can someone help me please. cheers,...
  10. Can't add new email account to Mail

Can't add new email account to Mail: My hotmail account was linked to my mail app in Win10. I received a notification the it needed "fixing", however it was unable to fix itself. I was still able to receive mail and sign in on other devices. So I unlinked the account a planned to re-link it, however now when I...