Windows 10: cant add a new PC to my homegroup..will not accept homegroup password

Discus and support cant add a new PC to my homegroup..will not accept homegroup password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having a home group password recognition problem setting up a new W10 pc with an old W10 laptop. The new PC will not recognize the original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by provlima, Dec 13, 2017.

1. provlima Win User

cant add a new PC to my homegroup..will not accept homegroup password

I am having a home group password recognition problem setting up a new W10 pc with an old W10 laptop.
    The new PC will not recognize the original homegroup pw originally set up from my laptop.

Is there a way of deleting the old homegroup and setting up a new one from scratch Thanks for your help

:)

provlima, Dec 13, 2017

2. Homegroup password display

I have a Homegroup set up for a PC and a Laptop both running Windows 10 Home and that works fine. I want to add another new laptop running the very latest version of Windows 10 Professional (January 2018) to the Homegroup but I don't have the password
    to join any the current Homegroup. It does not give me the option to 'Display the Homegroup Password' on my PC and it does not give me the option to reset the password at all. All the forums I've looked at say to just display the password or reset it, but
    there are no options to do that on the PC that I originally set up the Homegroup on. Maybe I could set up a brand new Homegroup, but again that option does not seem to be anywhere in the Homegroup section in Control Panel. Please help!!

Diamond Jimbo, Dec 13, 2017
  3. DebinGA Win User
    PC not recognizing its name

My PC is not recognizing its name when trying to access my homegroup password. I wanted to add a laptop to my homegroup, but when I go to "homegroup" on my PC, it tells me I need to join the homegroup and ask Deb2 for the password. The PC
    is Deb2. What should I do to resolve this problem?

DebinGA, Dec 13, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Dec 13, 2017
Thema:

1. cant add a new PC to my homegroup..will not accept homegroup password - Similar Threads - cant add homegroup

2. Homegroup on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup on PC: I have a desktop and two laptops and wish to share files. One of the laptops is the newest but cannot find settings to join Homegroup! I have checked in control panel and settings but is no there to be found. I had no problem with the desktop and other laptop . Can anyone...
  3. Homegroup

Homegroup: My ability to use homegroup has disappeared in the 1803 versions of Win10. Why? What is being done about this? When? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup/2e78b13a-90d7-4791-87f7-d7539aa9c04d
  4. Homegroup Password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Homegroup Password?: Where do I find my homegroup password? I can see questions on the forum but I don't know how to view the answers or replies. Thank you, Shirley https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup-password/c32b50ed-6076-46c1-a35a-bc5daae0a932
  5. homegroup

homegroup: Homegroup has disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/homegroup/3026f692-4c87-4c5d-b6b6-4bce30fe96a4
  6. homegroup

homegroup: I am having problems with other homegroup computers accessing my shared folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/homegroup/699ecc3e-0639-47c8-8c4d-e4f31f8a4700
  7. Homegroup

Homegroup: Can anyone from microsoft explain to me why my home group is no longer working after my computers automatically updated in the middle of the night. I use this on a regular basis. Now i cannot. and to be quite honest i am pissed right off. do the techs at microsoft not...
  8. Homegroups

Homegroups: It is high time to report my experiences with the W10 installation to you. Microsoft pushes all of us to do this before end of June. 1. Do a thorough backup of all your data. 2. If you use the attached file, and invoke it, it does the whole job by itself. You can go...
  9. HomeGrouping

HomeGrouping: Hi all...definately need you urgently In 10240 I could network to two other pcs in my home but not after the 1025 upgrade What' the trick please ?*Sad 19423
  10. Homegroup not Functioning, cant leave homegroup

Homegroup not Functioning, cant leave homegroup: I cannot leave the homegroup. we had 2 computers in the network with windows 7 and windows 8.1. Windows 7 upgraded to windows 10. and the other one did a clean install of windows 8.1. Now i cannot leave the homegroup from windows 10 and the windows 8.1 has created a new...