Windows 10: Can't add child account

Discus and support Can't add child account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am trying to add another child account to my computer but it doesn't let me. If I go through inviting his outlook account "add a family member" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mlm198, Feb 23, 2024.

1. mlm198 Win User

Can't add child account

Hi,I am trying to add another child account to my computer but it doesn't let me. If I go through inviting his outlook account "add a family member" in settings it sends the invite I then accept it but he is not listed in the accounts.I think somehow I have got it confused as maybe I added his account years ago. However I have looked in the registry and there no old account there. I have tried and other places such as adding via netplwiz but this just tells me that "an account using this Microsoft account already exists on this PC". Any help would be appreciated.Matthew

:)

mlm198, Feb 23, 2024
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Can't add child account

Not Tracking Web Browsing Activity on Child Account

Hello,

I had already read that article and tried all those steps mentioned before posting on this forum. Nothing worked. I am still not able to see the web activity on my child's account.

I have already verified that the Family Safety Service is connected to my PC and that my child has the PC listed as a device on their account. My child's account is listed as "child" on my PC account settings. When I sign into the child's account, I have
    verified that Family Safe Monitoring is running because the icon is in the task bar.

This response was not helpful, because as I stated in my original post, I had already read several articles on troubleshooting this issue and nothing worked.

Can you offer me other suggestions that are not mentioned in that Wiki Article?

CoriannFlores, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Can't add child account

1. Can't add child account - Similar Threads - Can't add child

2. Can't add child account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't add child account: Hi,I am trying to add another child account to my computer but it doesn't let me. If I go through inviting his outlook account "add a family member" in settings it sends the invite I then accept it but he is not listed in the accounts.I think somehow I have got it confused as...
  3. Can't add child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add child account: Hi,I am trying to add another child account to my computer but it doesn't let me. If I go through inviting his outlook account "add a family member" in settings it sends the invite I then accept it but he is not listed in the accounts.I think somehow I have got it confused as...
  4. I can't add child to family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't add child to family account: I can't add my child to my family.I'm getting an error:Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.TraceID: Xy0jqq/9rkCpStiq.70.176I created issue on support.microsoft.com with personal details. Issue num is 7029886390....
  5. I can't add child to family account

I can't add child to family account: I can't add my child to my family.I'm getting an error:Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.TraceID: Xy0jqq/9rkCpStiq.70.176I created issue on support.microsoft.com with personal details. Issue num is 7029886390....
  6. Can't add my child to family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add my child to family account: I have just set up a new Windows 11 PC for my child and started an MS account for him. It worked fine until he restarted the PC and now he needs my permission to sign in. He is not in my family group, so I follow the instructions to add him. It says to go to my family account...
  7. Can't add my child to family account

Can't add my child to family account: I have just set up a new Windows 11 PC for my child and started an MS account for him. It worked fine until he restarted the PC and now he needs my permission to sign in. He is not in my family group, so I follow the instructions to add him. It says to go to my family account...
  8. add money to child's account

add money to child's account: I am unable to add money to my child's account. I was able to make two transactions but after that i am unable to do that. I have even waited for two days as advised but to no avail....
  9. Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family: Hi - I'm having some frustrating challenges setting up a child account on my Windows 10 PC. I successfully created a child account, and am able to log into the PC using that account. What I'm having trouble with is adding the child account to my 'family' so that I can...
  10. Add computer to the child's account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add computer to the child's account: I cannot add another computer to my child’s account. I have added 3 devices before but he says that he is always shut off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-computer-to-the-childs-account/01a74b2a-c5ba-4c90-b2d4-4d15b32c1181