Windows 10: Can't add folder in Windows 10 file history - problem 0x80070032

Discus and support Can't add folder in Windows 10 file history - problem 0x80070032 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I have file history on and working. If I enter file history options via Start menu/settings/update & security/backup/more options/ there is a list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Joolz, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Joolz Win User

Can't add folder in Windows 10 file history - problem 0x80070032

So I have file history on and working.
    If I enter file history options via Start menu/settings/update & security/backup/more options/
    there is a list of folders under "back up these folders" all prefixed c:\users"myname"
    Above this is an "add a folder" option. When I click on this and choose a folder that isn't under the "users" folder I get an error saying "Sorry, but that didn't work. To find out more, look up error code 0x80070032"
    Now I've looked up this error code but nothing I've found relates to file history.
    I'm only trying to include a seperate folder on a local drive.
    I've read file history will only backup folders in Libraries and documents so why is there an option to "add a folder"?
    I've tried adding the particular folder to a library but when trying to add that library under the "add a folder" it says you are trying to add a library you need to add a folder???
    Been working on this for a day now and going round in circles.
    If anyone can help that would be marvellous

Can't add folder in Windows 10 file history - problem 0x80070032 [​IMG]

Can't add folder in Windows 10 file history - problem 0x80070032 [​IMG]

:)

Joolz, Aug 26, 2015
  2. dtcooper Win User

Backing up a files that aren't on my C: drive

I have an SD card slot my computer and I use an SD card as a second hard drive (set up as a D: drive). I'm trying to setup Windows File History to backup my system to a network drive (separate from the SD card), and it has no problem with backing up the
    files on the C: drive but when I try to add folders from the D: drive to the backup it gives my the following error:

"Sorry, that didn't work. To find out more, look up error code 0x80070032."

From what I can tell, that error is "this request not supported." So does that mean I can't setup File History to backup files that aren't on the C: drive? Is there any way around this?

dtcooper, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Unable to remove folders from File History backups

Is there a reason you can't just add it to the list of Excluded folders (Control Panel\System and Security\File History\ -- on the left, click "Exclude folders" and then add it)?

The other Michael Jensen, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Mas73 Win User

Same problem here, I've been battling for three days, even did a Refresh so now have to reinstall all softwares, still the same error message 0x80070032 when I try to add a folder to file history.
    Anyone?

Mas73, Jan 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't add folder in Windows 10 file history - problem 0x80070032 - Similar Threads - Can't add folder

2. Add More Folders to File History in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add More Folders to File History in Windows 11: I would like to use File History in Windows 11. But I notice that it can only backup folders in Libraries, Desktop, Contacts and Favorites. However, I also want to backup folders in D drive. Is there any way to add those folders?...
  3. Add More Folders to File History in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add More Folders to File History in Windows 11: I would like to use File History in Windows 11. But I notice that it can only backup folders in Libraries, Desktop, Contacts and Favorites. However, I also want to backup folders in D drive. Is there any way to add those folders?...
  4. Windows 10 File History Backup Returns 0x80070032 Error When Attempting to Add External...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 File History Backup Returns 0x80070032 Error When Attempting to Add External...: I have a 1Tb external hard drive which I would like to use as the backup drive. I have a separate 4Tb external hard drive on which I store information. This hard drive is encrypted. There is also a separately encrypted volume within the hard drive. Both the hard drive and...
  5. Can't add folder to File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't add folder to File History: I'm in Backup options of File History 1. Press + Add folder 2. Choose a folder with Google Drive on disk J 3. Nothing happens - no errors, no logs, just nothing This problem in Feedback Hub https://aka.ms/AA8mqq8 Should I search for another backup solution on Windows 10?...
  6. Unable to add folders to File History Backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add folders to File History Backup: Hi everyone, hopefully this is the right place to post. I’m trying to create a backup as part of a course and I’m running into issues. The assignment specifies using backup and restore (windows 7) for this, but when I click on setup backup nothing happens. The spinning wheel...
  7. Windows 10 error 0x80070032

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 error 0x80070032: When making a Restore Point it says "Could not create the scheduled task for the following reason: The request is not supported. (0x80070032)". I want to make a Restore Point which is 10% (93.08 GB) and I have a 2TB hard drive. This is getting irritating....
  8. How to add "Documents" folder to File History backup

How to add "Documents" folder to File History backup: I don't need a complete backup of my hard drive...just specific files, etc. - like my Documents, Pictures, etc....any way to do this with the "File History" backup option?...
  9. How to add specific folders to "Backup - File History"?

How to add specific folders to "Backup - File History"?: I can't backup any specific folders in my Documents folder unless the Documents folder itself is backed up. Otherwise trying to add them does nothing. Adding the Documents folder to the backup list causes my other folders to appear on the list. Why is this? Am I expected to...
  10. Add or Remove Folders for File History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Folders for File History in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Folders for File History in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Folders to be Backed Up by File History in Windows 10 File History was first introduced in Windows 8, and has been improved in Windows 10. You can use File History to automatically back...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file history 0x80070032

2. windows 10 file history not adding folders to back up

3. add folder to windows 10 file history not working

4. cant add folder file history,
  5. cant add folder to win 10 file history back-up,
  6. windows 10 backup unable to add folder,
  7. cant add folders to windows 10 backup,
  8. windows file history backup cant add folders ,
  9. file history windows 10 cant add folders,
  10. cant add a folder to backup,