Windows 10: Can't add or remove items from start list

Discus and support Can't add or remove items from start list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The situation is I can't add any item to the "start list', which is the list on the left of the start icons. As far as I've read, it's supposed to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ameneses54, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Can't add or remove items from start list

The situation is I can't add any item to the "start list', which is the list on the left of the start icons.
    As far as I've read, it's supposed to be as easy as dragging an icon, but it can't be done I get an "x" when I reach the destination at the left.
    Strange also, is that in my context menu there is no option named "start list", which posters point as an option to add a program icon to the list. Also, right clicking on an item on start list does not show me the "remove from this list option".
    Please advise.

:)

ameneses54, Jul 29, 2015
  2. ameneses Win User

Can't add or delete anything from "Start List"

ameneses, Jul 29, 2015
  3. UviJW Win User
    Cannot unpin items from Start or remove items from Most Used list

I actually just finished installing Avast 2015 (Free) after removing Kaspersky. The start menu seems to be working fine now with Avast for me.

One suggestion you can try out: If you are using a Microsoft Account to login, try converting to a local account and see if that helps with anything

UviJW, Jul 29, 2015
  4. mznGTR Win User

Can't add or remove items from start list

Seems like they've removed this option, I personally installed Win10 a few hours ago. And I just found out that StartIsBack has released a win10 version. With the option to pin

mznGTR, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Can't add or remove items from start list

1. Can't add or remove items from start list - Similar Threads - Can't add remove

2. Unable to remove an item from the exclusion list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to remove an item from the exclusion list: Hi, after running a full scan with windows defender, it has helped to remove some malware threats. However, after doing another full scan for good measure, I've encountered this issue where the system notifies me about "Items skipped during scan". When I clicked into the...
  3. Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry): I have an app in the "Open with..." list that is not in the location everyone on the internet is pointing to (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\) What are other places that the key could be hidden ? E1: Ok found it, i guess...
  4. Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry)

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry): I have an app in the "Open with..." list that is not in the location everyone on the internet is pointing to (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\) What are other places that the key could be hidden ? 135231
  5. add items in menu Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  6. can't add or remove tiles from start

can't add or remove tiles from start: Hi there, I have a Surface Pro3 which came with win10 installed (unlike my other SP3 which I upgraded to W10). I just decided to customize my start menu a bit with some live tiles re-arrangement. Problem: I can't seem to pin or unpin apps to the tiles section of the start...
  7. Cannot remove items from Start menu

Cannot remove items from Start menu: I'm trying to remove what I suppose are some sort of system items, Mail, Alarms & Clock, Calculator etc. from the "All Apps" menu. Can't do it. They don't appear in the Windows/Start folder either. I'm never going to use some of these "apps", which I assume is the new hip...
  8. Program won't remove from add/remove list ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program won't remove from add/remove list ?: Is there a tutorial for removing a program from add/remove that even when performing an uninstall; the program just doesn't remove from the add/remove list ? 56724
  9. Remove certain items from Start search

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remove certain items from Start search: When I search for apps sometimes "Best match" is far from being the best and is almost always something I would use very rarely or never. Is it possible to manually reorder items or just remove them all together? I'm used to hit Start, type the beginning of app's name and hit...
  10. Add or Remove Folders on Start List in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Folders on Start List in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Folders on Start List in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Folders on Start List in Windows 10 The Start menu in Windows 10 has a Start list that you can customize which folders appear in the list. You can add or remove the File Explorer, Settings,...