Windows 10: Can't adjust brightness (Windows 10)

Discus and support Can't adjust brightness (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't adjust my brightness on my laptop with either the hotkeys (F11 + F12), or with the display menu in settings. Yesterday it worked before i got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tinnazz, Sep 21, 2015.

1. tinnazz Win User

Can't adjust brightness (Windows 10)

I can't adjust my brightness on my laptop with either the hotkeys (F11 + F12), or with the display menu in settings.
    Yesterday it worked before i got to bed, then i shut it down and this morning i started it up and the brightness won't change anymore. anyone knows what to do?

:)

tinnazz, Sep 21, 2015

2. Windows 10

I can't adjust brightness on windows 10 please help

i make lower and higher but doesn't effect on screen brightness

ramiezuhair, Sep 21, 2015
  3. issue for the brightness control

when i using my laptop i can't adjust brightness. I can see the brightness icon but click that icon i can't adjust the brightness.

RushiChaudhari, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Nster Win User

It could be your display drivers.

Google "(insert your computers brand and model number here) display drivers", click the relevant link and install them as per the instructions given on your manufacturers website, and restart your computer.

Hopefully this will fix it!

Nster, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't adjust brightness (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Can't adjust brightness

2. Can't adjust brightness on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't adjust brightness on laptop: I tried adjusting the slider, but it's faded and won't work. The brightness keys don't work either, and now the brightness slider has disappeared for some reason. Does anyone know what I can do? So far, I've tried updating my graphics driver, but that didn't work. submitted...
  3. Can't adjust brightness in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't adjust brightness in windows 10: I am not able adjust brightness after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-adjust-brightness-in-windows-10/2db053db-5ac0-4606-9f23-4c92bbbbcf77
  4. Can't adjust the brightness on Windows 10

Can't adjust the brightness on Windows 10: I can't find where to change the brightness, I don't see it in settings or notifications. I am on a PC dekstop. I updated everything: the driver, the display apdators and the monitors from the device manager and still yet I can't change the brightness. I used to be able too,...
  5. Can't adjust screen brightness

Can't adjust screen brightness: Hi there, Right after I updated the latest version of windows 10, I can't change the screen brightness for my laptop. All display adapters are up to date. No brightness slidebar shown in "Settings"->"Display"->"Brightness and color". I also tried my hot key FN+F12 to adjust...
  6. can't adjust brightness?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't adjust brightness?: so i got this surface laptop earlier today from my school and i was able to adjust the brightness first time i tried,when i was gonna adjust it again the slider wouldn't do anything and after a restart it's completely gone from the settings.sorry if i'm being dumb but it's my...
  7. Can't adjust screen brightness in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't adjust screen brightness in windows 10: Previously I was able to adjust my screen brightness using the F11 and F12 keys but after January 2019 update I cannot seem to be able to do so. Pressing them does display the bar with the slider but the brightness does not change. I have tried updating the drivers for the...
  8. Can't adjust screen brightness on windows 10

Can't adjust screen brightness on windows 10: I just got my brand new laptop yesterday, it's an ASUS TUF GAMING 504, aaaaaaaaaaand the brightness is stuck at 100%. I tried enabling the adaptive brightness- that didn't work, I tried updating the Basic Display Adapter(which was already up to date)- that didn't, I also...
  9. Can't adjust display brightness Windows 10

Can't adjust display brightness Windows 10: I got a new Acer laptop less than a week ago, and installed all of the Windows 10 updates. After that, I found I was no longer able to adjust the screen brightness using the keyboard or anything I can find in Settings. I have read some other threads about how people solved...
  10. Can't adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't adjust brightness: Hi guys. Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 on my acer notebook which I use when I travel. It has intel graphics. Brightness is stuck at 100. And it's not that big of a deal but it becomes a problem when I am in complete darkness. Help I guess? Btw when I move scale in...