Windows 10: Can't adjust screen resolution to match my display

Discus and support Can't adjust screen resolution to match my display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have my Windows 10 computer driving a flat screen (VGA?) display through HDMI port. Everything was fine until a recent update, now all of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GregGipp, Jul 30, 2018.

1. GregGipp Win User

Can't adjust screen resolution to match my display

I have my Windows 10 computer driving a flat screen (VGA?) display through HDMI port. Everything was fine until a recent update, now all of my programs hang over the edge rendering all of my music production programs unusable. I know this has happened before (many, many times) but it's been awhile and I've forgotten how to get it to adjust properly. I've tried every possible setting and nothing works. I've checked my drivers and it says they are up to date and working, but I seem to remember that the last time this happened the key was doing something with the drivers. Only problem is, it identifies my display (Dynex TV display) as a "generic" display, so who knows what kind of driver it's trying to use. Anyway I've got about $2,000 worth of software that is completely worthless right now until I can get the display to work. Please help (anybody!)

:)

GregGipp, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jul 30, 2018
  3. My screen resolution has zoomed in

Hi, Daniel.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your Desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the
      resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on
      Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Can't adjust screen resolution to match my display

W10 Pro desktop PC - Have to adjust resolution every time I log in.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply.

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification.
    You may ignore the notification and confirm your Screen Resolution changes by clicking on
    keep the Changes, or you may select another screen resolution. You will get just 15 seconds to confirm the changes or else it will revert to the default display settings.

Also check if the drivers are up to date.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Guru Kiran G, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Can't adjust screen resolution to match my display

1. Can't adjust screen resolution to match my display - Similar Threads - Can't adjust screen

2. RDP windows resolution can't auto-adjust monitor screen resolution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP windows resolution can't auto-adjust monitor screen resolution.: Hi,I'm using RDP to connect to my own Hyper-V Virtual Machine. and I have 2nd monitor which is bigger 27inch, don't know how to look the resolution. Issue is when I connect to my RDP, the windows display resolution cannot auto adjust according to the monitor size. I was...
  3. RDP windows resolution can't auto-adjust monitor screen resolution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP windows resolution can't auto-adjust monitor screen resolution.: Hi,I'm using RDP to connect to my own Hyper-V Virtual Machine. and I have 2nd monitor which is bigger 27inch, don't know how to look the resolution. Issue is when I connect to my RDP, the windows display resolution cannot auto adjust according to the monitor size. I was...
  4. Why can't I adjust my display screen settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't I adjust my display screen settings?: Hello,I am trying to rearrange my displays for a multi-monitor setup, however in settings it Windows won't let me drag the displays to rearrange the screens or even give the option to apply changes. Also, I have a problem where the drop down menu of screen settings keep...
  5. Why can't I adjust my display screen settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I adjust my display screen settings?: Hello,I am trying to rearrange my displays for a multi-monitor setup, however in settings it Windows won't let me drag the displays to rearrange the screens or even give the option to apply changes. Also, I have a problem where the drop down menu of screen settings keep...
  6. Can't adjust the resolution of my second screen after an update to Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't adjust the resolution of my second screen after an update to Windows11: Hello there!After an update to Windows 11 I found an issue with the resolution of my second screen.In display settings the resolution menu is in grey and I can't change it.All drivers are up to date.I tried to make the second screen my main screen, to extant or duplicate, but...
  7. Can't adjust the resolution of my second screen after an update to Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't adjust the resolution of my second screen after an update to Windows11: Hello there!After an update to Windows 11 I found an issue with the resolution of my second screen.In display settings the resolution menu is in grey and I can't change it.All drivers are up to date.I tried to make the second screen my main screen, to extant or duplicate, but...
  8. Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor: My screen resolution is at 1920x1080 but my laptop is 15.6 so I believe the resolution should be 1366x768 if I'm correct. The resolution kinda bugs me because some of the display looks really good but the mouse pointer is very small and I'm aware of changing the mouse pointer...
  9. Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor: My screen resolution is at 1920x1080 but my laptop is 15.6 so I believe the resolution should be 1366x768 if I'm correct. The resolution kinda bugs me because some of the display looks really good but the mouse pointer is very small and I'm aware of changing the mouse pointer...
  10. Adjust screen resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust screen resolution: My display is too large, and many of the icons live at or over the edge of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-screen-resolution/03dc5485-e00b-4d4b-afd8-30f61a5630d0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant adjust screen resolution on all monitors to be same screen resolution