Windows 10: Can't back on Windows Defender

Discus and support Can't back on Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, In my attempt to add security to my Lenovo Laptop Z50, and after having updated successfully to W10 from 8.1 last Autumn, I thought I'd... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mbybmcb, Feb 6, 2016.

1. mbybmcb Win User

Can't back on Windows Defender

Hi all,

In my attempt to add security to my Lenovo Laptop Z50, and after having updated successfully to W10 from 8.1 last Autumn, I thought I'd install Panda for additional protection, not realising W10 Defender would close down. It has indeed done so, and now when I locate the Windows Defender icon via the search (bottom left of Window), and click on it, the message, 'This application has been turned off and is not monitoring your application'. Panda security is installed, but in fact, I have been happy (and felt confident) with Windows Defender, so after further thought I would like to revert back to Windows Defender, and un-install Panda.

What can I do to be able to get Windows Defender to open again?

I do hope someone can advise.

Regards,

:)

mbybmcb, Feb 6, 2016
  2. ronniesr Win User

windows defender

can't get windows defender cut back on. cut it off and now can cut back on.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum topic.***

ronniesr, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Possibloe bogus AV program preventing Defender from being turned on.

It says windows defender is turned off, but the button to turn it back on is greyed out, so I can't turn it on.

Brent Doncliff, Feb 6, 2016
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Borg 386, Feb 6, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    After you have Panda uninstalled, do a restart.
    In the search box, type windows defender > Enter.
    At the WD window, Real time protection should say Off > top right click Settings > under Real-time Protection, click the dot to On

davidhk, Feb 6, 2016
  6. Once you have followed the above post
    Go to settings
    Update and Security
    Then Defender
    Then scroll down and click
    Open Defender
    You should find that it will work ok.
    Make sure you turn Windows Firewall on if not done so

hTconeM9user, Feb 6, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    mbybmcb,

Don't need to do the redundant steps.
    You already have WD opened as I mentioned on Post #3. And you will see the WD is in red.
    Once you have turned WD On with the dot as mentioned in Post #3, you will see your WD turns back from RED to Green.

davidhk, Feb 6, 2016
  8. mbybmcb Win User

Thanks to Borg 386, hTconeM9user, and Davidhk.

I will follow you guidance.

mbybmcb, Feb 7, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    mbybmcb,

Please post back for the result. Successful or not.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Feb 7, 2016
  10. mbybmcb Win User
    Hi Davidhk,

I will follow your guidance within the next 28 days, as I signed up with Panda for an initial trial period, and might as well see how Panda goes before returning to Windows Defender. Incidentally, Panda spotted 3 ---> UPD Flood; Servicemap.spccint.com; spsetting.spccint.com;spccint.com; image2.pubmatic.com/Adserver............ Not sure how significant this is, but Windows Defender did not make mention, previously.

I will post you.

Thanks again.

mbybmcb, Feb 7, 2016
  11. mbybmcb Win User
    Dear Davidhj, and not forgetting Borg 386, hTconeM9user,

I'm pleased to let you know, you solution worked. Having de-installed Panda, I was able to re-activate Windows Defender.

As such, I've indicated Solved.

Regards,

mbybmcb, Feb 11, 2016
  12. mbybmcb Win User
    Re:

mbybmcb, Feb 11, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't back on Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Can't Defender

2. Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...: My Windows Defender now Windows Security detected an unwanted app in my laptop. So, I chose an action. I tried REMOVE and QUARANTINE but it's not doing anything. I tried so many ways, I even tried restarting my PC and performed an offline scan but still failed. The yellow...
  3. Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...: My Windows Defender now Windows Security detected an unwanted app in my laptop. So, I chose an action. I tried REMOVE and QUARANTINE but it's not doing anything. I tried so many ways, I even tried restarting my PC and performed an offline scan but still failed. The yellow...
  4. Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on: Hi, last night right after the update windows 11 23H2 OS build version: 22631.3447Windows defender stopped working once and after that i am greated with: title:Page not available,description:Your IT adminitrastor me has limited access to somes areas of this app, and the item...
  6. Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on

Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on: Hi, last night right after the update windows 11 23H2 OS build version: 22631.3447Windows defender stopped working once and after that i am greated with: title:Page not available,description:Your IT adminitrastor me has limited access to somes areas of this app, and the item...
  7. windows defender can't find & windows security can't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender can't find & windows security can't open: recently i got a virus > .vbs and i was deleted it using autorun in this link. still i can't see t defender. how to turn on defender.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-operation-did-not-complete-successfully/3e75b9d4-c418-4b6a-a952-72a48881bfa9also i...
  8. windows defender can't find & windows security can't open

windows defender can't find & windows security can't open: recently i got a virus > .vbs and i was deleted it using autorun in this link. still i can't see t defender. how to turn on defender.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-operation-did-not-complete-successfully/3e75b9d4-c418-4b6a-a952-72a48881bfa9also i...
  9. windows defender can't find & windows security can't open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...: I've read many fixes and none of them work. In my opinion this is just one of the many bugs of windows. I have tried restarting, logging off and o, changing registry, surfing in the settings for some button, using the hidden administrator account, nothing worked. I also have...