Windows 10: Can't backup a specific file

Discus and support Can't backup a specific file in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I just bought a WD My Passport Ultra and it comes with a copy of WD Backup. Never using backup software I decided to give it a try and see what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by xpac5896, Jan 27, 2016.

1. xpac5896 Win User

Can't backup a specific file

I just bought a WD My Passport Ultra and it comes with a copy of WD Backup. Never using backup software I decided to give it a try and see what happens. I had no problems at all until I ended up with a message "These files failed to back up: UPPS.bin, 15.77kb". so I decided to try and find the file, which I found. The question is does anybody know what this file does and is it necessary to backup? Probably most of you know where this file is but for those who don't you can find the file at: C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UPPS\UPPS.bin. Thanx in advance.

:)

xpac5896, Jan 27, 2016
  2. singhnsk Win User

Asha 311 camera sound ON/OFF solution.

It won't. Backup files are specific to each phone and can't be restored on another.

Sadly i don't have a 305 to perform a similar job Can't backup a specific file :(

singhnsk, Jan 27, 2016
  3. Deleting specific files from Backup File History

The article does not address the question I posed.

CraigClose, Jan 27, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Did some checking and it looks as if others have the same issue. THIS link was from the WD forum, however there was no fix indicated. One person posted the following:

5. xpac5896 Win User
    I read the same thing. However I contacted Microsoft and according to their answer desk the guy could not pinpoint what's really the main function of the file. According to his resources it's not a critical file seeing as how it's under C:\Users\youraccount" so it could be account specific. I did some other checking using Properties and clicking on the ADVANCED button. It looks as though it has something to do with PERMISSIONS. I'm guessing that when you install

Can't backup a specific file [​IMG]

Can't backup a specific file [​IMG]

Windows (I don't know if it's in all Windows) and you create your account, this file is generated. Above is some some screen shots I took of the file and you might want to compare the two to see if there's any difference. I just thought of something and I don't know if it will work but you could copy and paste the file where it belongs, just a thought. (sorry about that, I had my insertion point in the wrong place)

xpac5896, Jan 27, 2016
  6. xpac5896 Win User
    Just to let you know I just copied and pasted the UPPS file folder and file to My Backups, piece of cake. The only thing I don't know is if the file changes at any time. Now that I have the file and folder on My Backups, will it treat it as if it was backed up to begin with and just back it up? Guess I'm going to find out cause I'm going to try it right now. I'll let you know what happens

xpac5896, Jan 27, 2016
  7. xpac5896 Win User
    Even though I had copied and pasted the file in the correct file path, WD Backup will not copy that file. I do have another Back up program on my computer and I can see if that will back up all the files, the problem could be inherent to WD Back up, I don' know but again I'm going to see if the other program does the same thing. Back as soon as I can.

xpac5896, Jan 27, 2016
  8. xpac5896 Win User

Well, I just made a back up of just the user files using another companies software, I even checked the files to make sure the UPPS.bin file was there, and it worked just fine, no errors. So the only conclusion is that it's a problem with WD Backup, sorry 'bout that WD.

xpac5896, Jan 28, 2016
  9. xpac5896 Win User
    Guess I solved my own problem *Smile

xpac5896, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't backup a specific file - Similar Threads - Can't backup specific

2. Show specific info on specific files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Show specific info on specific files.: Hi Everybody. Can someone help me? I'd love to have my windows 10 to show Exposion, ISO, F-stop, Shutter, every tom I open a picture in a folder. How can I set this for all folders, so I do not have to do it every time I open a new folder with pictures? All the best....
  3. File Backup

File Backup: I am running windows 10 PRO (64). I have two internal drives (each 1 TB solid state - drives C and E) and three external disc drives (G - 2TB, H - 3TB and I - 2TB). I would like to back up all my files/folders on C and E as well as some other folders (like Favorites and...
  4. How to add specific folders to "Backup - File History"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add specific folders to "Backup - File History"?: I can't backup any specific folders in my Documents folder unless the Documents folder itself is backed up. Otherwise trying to add them does nothing. Adding the Documents folder to the backup list causes my other folders to appear on the list. Why is this? Am I expected to...
  5. Can't backup files on 64 gig USB drive

Can't backup files on 64 gig USB drive: My SanDisk USB drive is fairly new, I use it just to backup my files on my computer. I got a message telling me to "Reconnect storage device", and that's what I did. But doing that didn't change anything, and I'm getting the same message when I try to backup my files....
  6. backup a file

backup a file: backup does not automatically backup. I have to go to settings and do it manually every time i want a file backed up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup-a-file/de72d377-937c-4a24-b968-13c6994296d8
  7. Can't open pbd files (EaseUS Todo Backup)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open pbd files (EaseUS Todo Backup): So I installed the app a few days ago, and created pbd images can be opened through explorer (Todo Backup adds a dll library or something, I don't know exactly how they do it). But I had to uninstall, then I restored a copy... now pbd files does not open. Something that looks...
  8. Can't Delete Backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't Delete Backups: Not sure if this started after the last update, but I can't delete backup any longer. Gives me error code 0X80070510 and says "the storage policy blocks that type of file". Never had this issue before. Can delete if I boot in safe mode, but never had to do that before....
  9. Can't browse on specific wifi

Can't browse on specific wifi: Hi all, I'm seeing a lot of people having a similar issue but I'm struggling to find a fix. I have a brand new windows 10 laptop and at home I have 2 wifis, let's call the 1st one VOO (name of my provider) and the 2nd one "VOO Extended" which is just the signal of my...
  10. How to backup and clean install? Specific situation

How to backup and clean install? Specific situation: Hey, guys, so I need your help. I have an ASUS laptop with pre-installed Windows 8 Home(UEFI). I've additionaly installed Ubuntu alongside. After a while, I wanted to uninstall the Ubuntu and install another distribution but I wasn't sure how to do that, and the guides...