Windows 10: Can't backup Windows 10 after update

Discus and support Can't backup Windows 10 after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem because I tried all kinds of backup and can never backup my system. Every time I try to backup using Win7 Backup style or normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MatLag1, Aug 10, 2018.

1. MatLag1 Win User

Can't backup Windows 10 after update

Hi, I have a problem because I tried all kinds of backup and can never backup my system. Every time I try to backup using Win7 Backup style or normal backup making a system image it fails with error 0x800706BA

:)

MatLag1, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 10, 2018
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't backup Windows 10 after update - Similar Threads - Can't backup update

2. Can't login to Windows 10 after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't login to Windows 10 after updates: I updated the Windows 10 software on my laptop, and after the update completed, I restarted the laptop. Now, when the laptop starts, it goes to the lock screen, then I see my name and the click “login” , but when Iclick "login," the laptop returns to the lock screen.* Changed...
  3. Windows 10 Backup Settings missing after KB4601319 update

Windows 10 Backup Settings missing after KB4601319 update: Hi, after installing the "2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB4601319 the Backup Settings were missing parameters such as turning backups on/off. In the "More Options" sub-panel the ability to backup or to add a new drive was...
  4. Can't print after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't print after windows 10 update: Hi, After an update on windows 10 my printer will not print at all from my computer. It will print from any other devise but windows based. I have had a few errors mainly consisting of driver issues. I have tried everything on the help pages for both HP support and windows....
  5. Windows 10 1909 feature update fails - can't backup BCD

Windows 10 1909 feature update fails - can't backup BCD: I have been putting off trying to resolve this issue with 1909 failing to install, but with 1809 going out of support soon, I'd like to get it resolved. I have tried many time to upgrade to 1909 via Windows Update, but it fails every time. Today I downloaded the media...
  6. can't backup Windows 10

can't backup Windows 10: Can't backup on my external drive, shows error 0x81000019 and also not enough disk space although it is a clean 2 TB external drive. Have tried a few different things mentioned on search but nothing seem to be working....
  7. Can't update driver after update windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update driver after update windows 10: i'm despress with new update can't find solution after i update new windows 10 my driver all error reinstall the drivers for this device. (code 18) i can't reinstall my driver because my application can't open and my windows going so slow and usage disk 100% by cryptographic...
  8. Windows 10 can't create backup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 can't create backup?: Hi, I want to have a full backup incase one day something goes wrong with the drivers or viruses etc etc... I only have the C drive... and I want to save my backup file to there, but the option doesn't appear. Do I need to create another drive to be able to do that?...
  9. Viewing backup files after windows 10 backup

Viewing backup files after windows 10 backup: Windows 10 backup facility seems to backup to my external hard drive but I can see the files after backup has finished. I have chosen not to hide any files but they still not there...
  10. backup after windows 10 update

backup after windows 10 update: Hi Guys Before moving to windows 10 from 7 I did a backup to dvdr, I have now moved the backup files back onto my laptop but windows media player can not play any of my music. This is the message I am getting when I try to play a track. Windows Media Player cannot access...