Windows 10: Can't backup Windows 10 after update

Discus and support Can't backup Windows 10 after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem because I tried all kinds of backup and can never backup my system. Every time I try to backup using Win7 Backup style or normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MatLag1, Aug 10, 2018.

1. MatLag1 Win User

Can't backup Windows 10 after update

Hi, I have a problem because I tried all kinds of backup and can never backup my system. Every time I try to backup using Win7 Backup style or normal backup making a system image it fails with error 0x800706BA

:)

MatLag1, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 10, 2018
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't backup Windows 10 after update - Similar Threads - Can't backup update

2. backup after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup after windows 10 update: Hi Guys Before moving to windows 10 from 7 I did a backup to dvdr, I have now moved the backup files back onto my laptop but windows media player can not play any of my music. This is the message I am getting when I try to play a track. Windows Media Player cannot access...
  3. Microsoft Backup Stopped after Windows 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Backup Stopped after Windows 1803 update: As you can see from the following screenshots, Microsoft Backup is set to "On," and yet, there have been no backups since May 10, 2018. It is now August 6, 2018. I am running Windows 10 (1803). It appears these backups stopped when I upgraded to 1803 on May 14. (May 10 was...
  4. Can't update Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't update Windows 10: will not let me up date window 10 ..... don't now if i have a virus or a malware ....... * Original title: window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_updating-windows_10/cant-update-windows-10/264a5924-6f2a-4b4d-9dd4-f6d017b976b5
  5. After Windows update: Can't log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After Windows update: Can't log in: Hi everyone! I need some help: My hubby updated his windows 10 on his Asus laptop, it took a long time and after it restarted he tried logging in using his password and gets a massage that the password is incorrect. The password is a 100% correct. I tried accessing safe mode...
  6. Can't log in after Windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log in after Windows update: Hi everyone! I need some help: My hubby updated his windows 10 on his Asus laptop, it took a long time and after it restarted he tried logging in using his password and gets a massage that the password is incorrect. The password is a 100% correct. I tried accessing safe mode...
  7. Can't Delete Backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't Delete Backups: Not sure if this started after the last update, but I can't delete backup any longer. Gives me error code 0X80070510 and says "the storage policy blocks that type of file". Never had this issue before. Can delete if I boot in safe mode, but never had to do that before....
  8. BSOD after Windows update can't install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Windows update can't install: I am on the Windows 10 insider program. Currently on build number 10547. I started noticing an error in Update Windows that said that an update couldn't be installed (see the attached screenshot below) I have attempted to click install now. One of the update seems to install...
  9. Can't connect to wifi after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to wifi after windows 10 update: When trying to connect to wifi it says "can't connect to this network". I reset the laptop (HP 650) to it's original factory settings and installed an earlier version of Windows 10. Used a program to update the network adapters. And still no connection. I can connect with...
  10. Can't restart after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't restart after Win 10 update: I've had a few problems with restarting after a "required" update but I held off on the update I was offered a few weeks ago in Feb. until I had some spare time. So I did the usual check for updates, it failed to download so I tried again, this time it did download, restart,...