Windows 10: Can't bitstream audio

Discus and support Can't bitstream audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I figured this would be the place to go for this, so here goes. I'm trying to run Star Wars: Battlefront in Dolby Atmos which requires me to bitstream... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by blastermaster, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Can't bitstream audio

I figured this would be the place to go for this, so here goes. I'm trying to run Star Wars: Battlefront in Dolby Atmos which requires me to bitstream the audio. I have an Atmos receiver and am running HDMI from my Nvidia card to the receiver. I'm able to choose "Atmos" in the game settings (so the game clearly "sees" that I have an Atmos receiver), but when I go to play the game, my receiver GUI shows "multi pcm 3/4" so clearly I'm not running Atmos.

For the record, I have run Atmos through my PC, but I had to use MPC-HC with my LAV filters set to bitstream but I can't for the life of me see where I can change those settings in a general way for the operating system to make it work with the game. I believe it's the operating system, as a few others haven't had problems running Nvidia cards and windows 7 - Atmos works just fine for them in-game. Help!!!!

:)

blastermaster, Jan 20, 2016

2. No sound when game streaming from XBOX One if HDMI input is changed on TV

Hey, I had the exact same issue.

I fixed it by going on my console (accessing it via my TV not via streaming) and going to:

settings > display & sound > digital audio

and changed optical audio to "bitstream out".

Hope this helps.

Matt Myler, Jan 20, 2016
  3. M A Ullah Win User
    4k HDR Media Center PC Disaster / Problems / Woes / Issues / Etc... / Pain in my... / Get The Point Yet!

I guess I will have to try the PLEX server. Although I wonder how good it may run on my 5 year old HP Microserver. Which app do you use on xbox to play your videos? Also, any issues with bitstreaming Atmos and DTS:X audio?

M A Ullah, Jan 20, 2016
Thema:

Can't bitstream audio

1. Can't bitstream audio - Similar Threads - Can't bitstream audio

2. S/PDIF passthrough bitstreaming setting on OS level in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S/PDIF passthrough bitstreaming setting on OS level in Windows 11: Dear Community Members,is there currently an easy way to set S/PDIF passthrough at an operating system level to a default audio device?I tried all the control panel settings, sound settings from the settings application and settings accessible from the device manager, but I...
  3. S/PDIF passthrough bitstreaming setting on OS level in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    S/PDIF passthrough bitstreaming setting on OS level in Windows 11: Dear Community Members,is there currently an easy way to set S/PDIF passthrough at an operating system level to a default audio device?I tried all the control panel settings, sound settings from the settings application and settings accessible from the device manager, but I...
  4. Can't hear audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't hear audio: When I plug in my headphones' speakers it briefly shows up as Speakers (2-High Definition Audio device) (Translated to English) and then it just disappears and it appears again for a brief moment when I'm pulling the headphones' speaker jack out. Don't know what to search for...
  5. No audio, can't update, can't reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio, can't update, can't reset: After spending a solid 12 hours trying to fix this I'm kind of on the end of my rope, hope someone can help, gonna go through this like it's story time in hopes of covering all my bases bc I'm going to leave this post up while I sleep, it started out as the windows 10 update...
  6. Can't Adjust Audio Balance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Adjust Audio Balance: Hello! So, I recently connected my AirPods to my Dell Laptop, but my right AirPod is quieter than my left. On my phone, I have adjusted the audio balance to compensate, so I tried to do the same thing on my laptop. For some reason, when I go to adjust the balance on the...
  7. Problem Running Bitstream Font Navigator under Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem Running Bitstream Font Navigator under Windows 10: I am having a problem running an old version of Bitstream Font Navigator version 4.0 on my laptop running Windows Home version 10.0.18362. Whether running it from my hard drive or a thumb drive, I get the error: [ATTACH] I am at a loss, because the required folder exists...
  8. Can't Record Mono Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Record Mono Audio: Hello! I'll try and make this short. I'm trying to record mono audio from my microphone, but it only records the left I did the following: I went to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Recording > and then I chose the microphone I'm using. When I select it and...
  9. can't find audio device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't find audio device: I have problem playing music from saved music files in my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-audio-device/6dda0612-836c-45ff-ac29-597e51a139d8"
  10. only stereo - Dell 7577 and Denon x3200w no passthrough/bitstream

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    only stereo - Dell 7577 and Denon x3200w no passthrough/bitstream: Hello, I have notebook Dell 7577 connected via HDMI to avr Denon x3200w. Until an approx. month ago (cannot exactly specify the date maybe two months) I was using this setup for DTS, Dolby Atmos, 7.0 etc setup (passthrough/bitstream) sound from notebook to avr. I was able to...