Windows 10: Cant Boot After Removing Hard Drives

Discus and support Cant Boot After Removing Hard Drives in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I decided to remove my two hard drives and only have the SSD running but Windows must have installed part of itself on one of the hard drives because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by swarfega, May 9, 2018.

1. swarfega Win User

Cant Boot After Removing Hard Drives

I decided to remove my two hard drives and only have the SSD running but Windows must have installed part of itself on one of the hard drives because the machine will no longer boot giving the select proper boot device error.

Is there a way I can repair this without having to plug the hard drive back in. I don't want Windows on the slow drive anyway.

:)

swarfega, May 9, 2018
Thema:

Cant Boot After Removing Hard Drives

1. Cant Boot After Removing Hard Drives - Similar Threads - Cant Boot Removing

2. PC hard drive wiped and cant boot after sudden shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC hard drive wiped and cant boot after sudden shutdown: Hello so i was making a game on roblox studio until i heard sparks from my pc plug and it shutdown when i put the plug in again it went past BIOS and fine until i saw a message that made my heart drop "Operating System Not Found" Now Why did this happen i have a 32gb usbdrive...
  3. PC hard drive wiped and cant boot after sudden shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC hard drive wiped and cant boot after sudden shutdown: Hello so i was making a game on roblox studio until i heard sparks from my pc plug and it shutdown when i put the plug in again it went past BIOS and fine until i saw a message that made my heart drop "Operating System Not Found" Now Why did this happen i have a 32gb usbdrive...
  4. PC hard drive wiped and cant boot after sudden shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My m.2 won't boot after removing a secondary internal hard drive

My m.2 won't boot after removing a secondary internal hard drive: I have an old Hdd that contained my photos videos games videos Ets...And i had An m.2 Ssd that i Had installed windows OS on it. it was working fine until I removed that secondary hard drive my pc won't boot so i got into the bios and checked if the m.2 is still the #1 on the...
  6. Cannot Boot After Formatting Hard Drive

Cannot Boot After Formatting Hard Drive: Hello, I recently cloned my entire HDD including my Windows OS onto an NVME M.2 SSD successfully and wanted to use the old hard drive as extra storage space. I found a video online explaining the process of formatting my HDD which I followed carefully. Unfortunately, my PC...
  7. Remove hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove hard drive: I have a laptop that Im giving away. The person Im giving it to had an SSD drive to install in it. Its Windows 10 If I remove the drive will my documents be able to be read an another laptop. ? Im aiming to use it as a storage drive. 173925
  8. Hard drive runs at 100% after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive runs at 100% after boot: 3 of us at work are having this issue - after booting our machines, the hard drive runs at 100%, effectively locking the system to unuseability. Also, it seems to be no single process, but a number of Windows processes such as: Service Host Windows Diagnostic Policy Service...
  9. cant create backup as external hard drive is not recognized as "removable"

cant create backup as external hard drive is not recognized as "removable": Hi there, I am at my wits end... I got a new laptop recently (HP Zbook 15 G4 - 64 bit) with Windows 10pro as I lost my old one in a house fire (with all the backups to) - so I have been trying to configure backup settings - one drive and external hard drive as this laptop...
  10. Cant boot hard drive!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant boot hard drive!: So I had an old system but it was in very good shape so I thought I would transfer my old hard drive into my father's system....we were trading systems so we swoped the hard drive out and I put mine in his....but I went to boot it up and it pops up with reboot and select...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant boot windows 10 after removing drive