Windows 10: Can't boot from USB

Discus and support Can't boot from USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Hp pavillion. I made a usb flash boot drive with acronis 2016 I cant boot to it. This tutorial says that I must boot from within windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cloner, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Cloner Win User

Can't boot from USB

I have a Hp pavillion. I made a usb flash boot drive with acronis 2016 I cant boot to it.
    This tutorial says that I must boot from within windows 10. I dont see in this post how to do that I only see it fort 8 is 8 the the same. ?

:)

Cloner, Jun 11, 2016
  2. SashaGrey Win User

Can't Boot From Usb

Howdy, yesterday I wanted to reinstall windows, so i put in my usb media installation and the screen says press any key to boot from usb and windows starts an automatic repair.Now an bsod appears, system_thread_expection_not_handled.

please help.

SashaGrey, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Can't Boot From Usb

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To better assist you, please answer the following the questions:

1. Are you trying to clean install Windows 10?

2. Are you facing a blue screen issue?

3. What exactly is the issue that you are facing which requires you to re-install Windows 10? If you would let us know the issue, we will be glad to provide assistance.

Blue screen errors could be caused by faulty RAM, corrupted drivers, hardware failures, etc.

I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Babu V in the link below and check if it helps.

How to troubleshoot blue screen errors in Windows 10

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 11, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Can't boot from USB

This may work for your HP worth a try, Restart your HP and BEFORE you see your logon screen keep tapping your F9 key, that should display your boot choices menu in HP . This is how I boot to my usb drive on my HP

OldMike65, Jun 11, 2016
  5. Wynona Win User
    And if Old Mike's solution doesn't work, try turning off the computer, plug in the USB, then immediately start hitting the Esc Key. That should bring up a menu that tells you to hit F9 to get to the boot devices.

That's what works for my HP desktop and laptop.

Edit: Oh, yeah, be sure to turn off fast boot before you try to boot with the USB.

Wynona, Jun 13, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Next Time try just rebooting Wynona, and taping your F9 key, its a shortcut. If I hit my Esc key, I also get the same menu you do. *Smile

OldMike65, Jun 13, 2016
  7. Wynona Win User
    Yeah, I kind of figured that, but sometimes things don't work the way we want them to. *Smile

Wynona, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't boot from USB

1. Can't boot from USB - Similar Threads - Can't boot USB

2. Can't boot from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot from USB: Hello my name is Ashan.My problem is I can't boot from my USB flash drive. There is no os in my hard drive. And also I don'the have a dvd rom. So my only option is to use USB.When I do boot my pc with USB, it shows the basic steps of the setupchoosing the keyboard layout etc...
  3. Can't Boot to USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Boot to USB: Windows 10Lenovo Ideapad S210I want to do a clean install andPressing F12 will not work.How can i Boot to my USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-to-usb/2d59ef0f-b834-46c3-a3fb-799095f91230
  4. Can't Boot From USB Drive

Can't Boot From USB Drive: I have an older Dell XPS l1521x and I'm trying to do a clean install of Win10. I used Microsoft's Creation Tool to make the usb stick, but when I plug it in and reboot it just goes into Windows. So I went into the bios A18 and saw secure boot was enabled. From reading some...
  5. I can't boot from usb

I can't boot from usb: So I updated to the newest windows about a month ago and the update failed and now none of my windows apps work. They all say they aren't connected to the internet and give an error code. I went to reset my computer and I couldn't because I had recently made the mistake of...
  6. Can't boot even from USB

Can't boot even from USB: To give some background, I was using computer to watch YouTube and suddenly it just rebooted (Like i had clicked the reset button). After it restarted i was able to log in and reopen opera to return back to my video. I left it on auto play and walked away to grab a drink and...
  7. Can't boot from USB stick

Can't boot from USB stick: I have Windows 10 currently installed on my PC. I want to go back to Windows 7, and I have a USB stick with the Windows 7 setup files. When my computer is starting up, I press esc to open the bios menu, then select boot device, then I select the USB with the Windows 7 setup...
  8. Can't boot USB

Can't boot USB: I have Windows 10 currently installed on my PC. I want to go back to Windows 7, and I have a USB stick with the Windows 7 setup files. When my computer is starting up, I press esc to open the bios menu, then select boot device, then I select the USB with the Windows 7 setup...
  9. Can't boot from USB

Can't boot from USB: Hello. I had planned to perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I have a 32-bit now and want to change it to 64-bit). However, I cannot find any options for accessing my USB upon boot up, after going to Settings>Recovery>Advanced Startup>Restart Now. I also have the Legacy...
  10. Can't boot from usb dvd

Can't boot from usb dvd: Hi Roomies @, I just upgrade to Win 10 PRO 1511 on my Lenovo laptop and burned a win 10 pro DVD. I would like to do a clean install but I'm not able to find my DVD drive on Bios or boot manager. Can someone please help me? Here are some images . [img] [img] [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant boot on usb