Windows 10: Can't boot into UEFI mode - Lenovo Z50-70

Discus and support Can't boot into UEFI mode - Lenovo Z50-70 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I set the boot mode due to whateve reason to Legacy Mode (due to dual boot with Linux I think). Now I tried to set it back to UEFI. But this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by doriandiaconu, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Can't boot into UEFI mode - Lenovo Z50-70

So I set the boot mode due to whateve reason to Legacy Mode (due to dual boot with Linux I think).

Now I tried to set it back to UEFI. But this is what I got:

(HDD is working if I swtich to Legacy Mode)

:)

doriandiaconu, Dec 11, 2016
  2. Deeeaaan Win User

Stuck at Welcome Screen After a Failed Update

- It's a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop

- I'm using windows 10 but I don't know the specific version

- Yes.

Deeeaaan, Dec 11, 2016
  3. st-genis Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversery freezes when using system image backup

The issue is still persisting. System Image Backup is freezing my Laptop on my Lenovo Z50-70. Possibly a CAP2 Error?

st-genis, Dec 11, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Can't boot into UEFI mode - Lenovo Z50-70

To switch from legacy mode to UEFI you have to convert the HDD to GPT partitioning and replace the System Reserved boot partition (active) with an EFI system partition.

NavyLCDR, Dec 11, 2016
  5. I guess this means a full reinstall.

6. I have never managed to get UEFI working on this laptop. Any particular reason you want to?

TairikuOkami, Dec 11, 2016
  7. Just wanted to see if there is any difference between UEFI and Legacy

8. doriandiaconu, Dec 11, 2016
  9. Unless you have disk over 2TB, you do not really need it.

TairikuOkami, Dec 11, 2016
  10. 500GB SSD Here

11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Pretty much. You can create an image of your Windows partition with a program like Macrium Reflect Free. Set the computer to UEFI mode. Boot from a UEFI compatible USB flash drive or DVD of Windows 10. Use diskpart to clean the hard drive and convert to GPT. Clean install Windows 10. Restore your old Windows 10 partition from the image over the top of the new Windows 10 partition created. Run Macrium Reflect Free's fix Windows startup problems utility, and that should be it.

NavyLCDR, Dec 11, 2016
  12. enigma101 Win User

My wife has a Z50-70 and the only way i could get UEFI boot to work was a fresh install.

enigma101, Dec 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't boot into UEFI mode - Lenovo Z50-70 - Similar Threads - Can't boot UEFI

2. Lenovo laptop isn't showing USB boot drive in UEFI boot mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo laptop isn't showing USB boot drive in UEFI boot mode: So I'm trying to download a new OS to my PC but for some reason my BIOS can't detect USB drive in UEFI mode, the legacy mode works but I can't get the OS downloader on legacy mode...
  3. Lenovo laptop isn't showing USB boot drive in UEFI boot mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop isn't showing USB boot drive in UEFI boot mode: So I'm trying to download a new OS to my PC but for some reason my BIOS can't detect USB drive in UEFI mode, the legacy mode works but I can't get the OS downloader on legacy mode...
  4. Lenovo laptop isn't showing USB boot drive in UEFI boot mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UEFI Boot Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI Boot Mode: A year or so ago, I had a software kaboom in my Dell All in 1. It required that I switch to legacy boot mode, and then restart in Safe mode to get it going again. I have, some time ago tried to get UEFI boot mode back on but it did not work. Now I see the Win 11 will require...
  6. Lenovo y50-70

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo y50-70: Hi got problem with lenovo y50-70 f4 button stopped workin all look fine tried to reinstall windows again didnt helped all other buttons work fine only f4 doesnt react. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-y50-70/309911f8-71a4-443b-b0e6-c769ff07c353
  7. My hdd caddy diasappears lenovo z50 70

My hdd caddy diasappears lenovo z50 70: Hi im searching for help. Im using Windows 10 with my lenovo z50 70.I've buyed new ssd harddrive and i installed windows on it and put my old hdd in a caddy.Evwrithing its fine with the new ssd but i have issues with the old one. When i start my laptop with charger my 2nd...
  8. Difference between Lenovo Z50-70 laptop models in terms of drivers

Difference between Lenovo Z50-70 laptop models in terms of drivers: I just clean installed my Windows and started searching for my laptop drivers. I own a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. When I entered the support site I noticed 3 "versions" of my laptop. Z50-70: Error Z50-70 - type 20354: Error Z50-70 - type 80E7: Error As I checked,...
  9. Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70: So i was given a laptop to repair, a Lenovo Z50-70 to be precise. So the guy said his Wifi and Ethernet weren't working (Error 45 in device manager (seems to suggest they arent connected which i don't understand considering its a laptop)). later, it "died" temporarily (as in,...
  10. Changing keyboard on Lenovo Z50-75

Changing keyboard on Lenovo Z50-75: One of the keys on my keyboard broke (over zealous cleaning), so I bought a replacement keyboard after googling how to replace it. It really is dead simple 1) remove back cover (three screws) 2) remove fan (three screws plus connector) 3) remove three keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo z50-70 safe mode boot

2. cant access uefi secure boot lenovo y50

3. lenovo z50-70 uefi boot