Windows 10: Can't boot MEDION AKOYA 10" Notebook with SSD after failed Cumulative

Discus and support Can't boot MEDION AKOYA 10" Notebook with SSD after failed Cumulative in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can't boot MEDION AKOYA 10" Notebook with SSD after failed Cumulative Windows 10 Update KB3194496 on 30 September an automatic Update started for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xyz, Oct 1, 2016.

1. XYZ
    xyz Win User

Can't boot MEDION AKOYA 10" Notebook with SSD after failed Cumulative

Can't boot MEDION AKOYA 10" Notebook with SSD after failed Cumulative Windows 10 Update KB3194496

on 30 September an automatic Update started for Cumulative Windows 10 Update KB3194496 - after many hours the update was still on 45% download, and because I had to leave home, I cancelled Update, and shutdown Notebook. Next morning early wanted to try again.

Notebook would not boot!

following happens:

On pressing start button two of the three system lights show ´(WiFi and system/drive) and very briefly the usual word MEDION appears on screen - nothing else happens - power switches back off.

Battery is charged (and no low battery warning light - and both the Wifi and System/drive lights are clearly very bright)
    Notebook also won't boot with charger plugged
    Screen is working (the brief MEDION name)
    SSD was installed Sept. 2015 - but Notebook used very little since then - so basically fairly new

Previous use of Notebook was the previous W10 Anniversary Update - after successful update Notebook was shutdown and not switched on again until 30 Sept and the failed KB3194496 update.

No viruses

No other problems before this (yeah - the MEDION AKOYA E1318T MD 99240 10" Notebook is a real crappy thing - but it was fully working without any problems before)

This is definitely connected to the KB3194496 download ( I also notice that my Desktop computer is not working as well after this update) (http://www.ghacks.net/2016/09/30/cum...omment-3987072)

But I have no idea what to do - or can do - maybe it is just scrap now???

:)

2. AC-xyz Win User

Can't boot MEDION AKOYA 10" Notebook with SSD after failed Cumulative Windows 10 Update KB3194496

MEDION AKOYA E1318T (MD 99240) 10" Notebook - with Windows 10 OS - Samsung EVO 250 GB SSD Drive

on 30 September an automaticUpdate started for Cumulative Windows 10 Update KB3194496- after many hours the update was still on 45% download, and because I had to leave home, I cancelled Update, and shutdown Notebook. Next morning early wanted to try again.

Notebook would not boot!

following happens:

On pressing start button two of the three system lights show ´(WiFi and system/drive) and very briefly the usual word MEDION appears on screen - nothing else happens - power switches back off.

Battery is charged (and no low battery warning light - and both the Wifi and System/drive lights are clearly very bright)

Notebook also won't boot with charger plugged

Screen is working (the brief MEDION name)

SSD was installed Sept. 2015 - but Notebook used very little since then

Previous use of Notebook was the previous W10 Anniversary Update - after successful update Notebook was shutdown and not switched on again until 30 Sept and the failed KB3194496 update.

No viruses

No other problems before this (yeah - the MEDION AKOYA E1318T MD 99240 10" Notebook is a real crappy thing - but it was fully working without any problems before)

This is definitely connected to the KB3194496 download ( I also notice that my Desktop computer is not working as well after this update)

But I have no idea what to do - or can do - maybe it is just scrap now???

AC-xyz, Oct 1, 2016
  3. Can't boot MEDION AKOYA 10" Notebook with SSD after failed Cumulative Windows 10 Update KB3194496

Hi,

To isolate the issue, can you check if you were able to access the BIOS (Set up menu) by pressing F2? In case you're unable to access it, we suggest reaching out to your manufacturer for further assistance and to have it be tested for any probable hardware
    concerns.

Regards.

Michelle Mad, Oct 1, 2016
  4. Can't boot MEDION AKOYA 10" Notebook with SSD after failed Cumulative

same here! Only my machine is a 2009 asus with ssd
    Luckily, my old drive still works. What to do?

tenwindows, Oct 1, 2016
  5. XYZ
    xyz Win User
    hi tenwindows,

well I have some good news - I got mine going again - maybe works for you too.

Solution was real easy - remove battery and power cable - hold down start button for a while - BINGO - it started (boot)

back in system

have no idea what that failed Cumulative Windows 10 Update KB3194496 did - and I am real angry at Microsoft - because lately they have been pushing out one bad update after another - but now I am real happy I fixed this

hope it works for you too!*Wink*Smile

and check this out afterwards:

http://winaero.com/blog/fix-kb319449...ls-to-install/

Thema:

Can't boot MEDION AKOYA 10" Notebook with SSD after failed Cumulative

1. Can't boot MEDION AKOYA 10" Notebook with SSD after failed Cumulative - Similar Threads - Can't boot MEDION

2. Notebook not booting after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notebook not booting after update: This morning, I booted my notebook and it started to install updates.After the updates, it booted and only showed the Command prompt with a short message and a GRUB prompt.I tried all the usual things Bootsect, etc. but nothing helped.In the BIOS menu, ati the 1st place is a...
  3. Medion Akoya Laptop is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Medion Akoya Laptop is very slow: Hello - I'm having some troubles with my laptop. I'm no expert but I have a pretty good understanding of technology.Specs are here - ProcessorIntel Core i5-7200U 2,5GHzScreen15.6" 1920x1080Hard drive1000GB HDDRAM4GBOperating systemWindows 10 HomeGraphics cardNVIDIA GeForce...
  4. Medion Akoya Laptop is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Medion Akoya Laptop is very slow: Hello - I'm having some troubles with my laptop. I'm no expert but I have a pretty good understanding of technology.Specs are here - ProcessorIntel Core i5-7200U 2,5GHzScreen15.6" 1920x1080Hard drive1000GB HDDRAM4GBOperating systemWindows 10 HomeGraphics cardNVIDIA GeForce...
  5. Medion Akoya Laptop is very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping: Hello,I recently installed Windows 10 on an ssd. However, my old HDD was in the PC and windows installed system files inside of it, so when I deleted files that was in this HDD using a linux live cd, I was unable to boot. Can someone help me to reinstall this files into my...
  7. SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping: Hello,I recently installed Windows 10 on an ssd. However, my old HDD was in the PC and windows installed system files inside of it, so when I deleted files that was in this HDD using a linux live cd, I was unable to boot. Can someone help me to reinstall this files into my...
  8. SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Medion Akoya E7214 Notebook PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Medion Akoya E7214 Notebook PC: After updating the latest Windows Update the screen turned blue and it just said 'Installing Updates' but it never moved from that screen and I had to turn the computer off via the battery after two hours. To get my laptop working again I had to reboot which put Windows 7...
  10. question about a notebook Medion P6631?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    question about a notebook Medion P6631?: i bought this laptop for 130 eur about a week ago installed is a ssd with 240gb 4gb ram, an i5 2450m and an nvidia gt 540m. it's all about the graphics card. the laptop also has an onboard graphics unit from intel. the problem is that even though i have installed all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Medion akoya laptop does not switch on