Windows 10: Can't boot USB drive with x64 windows installer

Discus and support Can't boot USB drive with x64 windows installer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So heres the deal - whenever I try to install a 64 bit Windows 10 copy from a flash drive, I get stuck on the 4 blue squares, with no white dots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vaesco, Aug 21, 2015.

1. vaesco Win User

Can't boot USB drive with x64 windows installer

So heres the deal - whenever I try to install a 64 bit Windows 10 copy from a flash drive, I get stuck on the 4 blue squares, with no white dots spinning. Then after about 10 seconds the PC restarts. I have tried the official way with the media creation tool, I have tried just downloading the ISO and using a third party bootable USB maker, I have tried ISO's from pirate sites (yes, I know, not the best solution) but none of those worked. Every time I tried a different method I always fully formatted the USB drive. Oddly enough the 32 bit version worked once or twice but even that doesn't work anymore. I'm totally out of ideas. My PC specs are quite good so I really don't know what's the issue. Btw im running a 120 GB AData SSD and a 1 TB Seagate hard drive.

:)

vaesco, Aug 21, 2015
  2. best9bg Win User

Windows 10 don't let me boot into USB

Right now I'm using Windows 10 x86, I'm trying to upgrade my OS to Windows 10 x64 via USB.

My laptop is Lenovo G40-45

what I've tried:

1. open setup.exe (failed)

2. setting my bios to get me boot into USB (didn't work, I still got into my Windows 10 x86)

3. EasyBCD, this app make a "Boot Extender" as a dual boot so I can boot via USB 'instantly' without setting my bios after restarting computer (But it said that my USB has no bootable things to do, I've tried two USBs with different installation files. with
    Rufus (Windows 10 x64 and Windows 7 x64))

4. Tried to another PC running Windows 7 x64, it works like charm

5. Install without boot via USB/DVD, my installation files were in another drive (in local disk DCan't boot USB drive with x64 windows installer :). (but failed, it said that bootblabla.exe doesn't support on your Operating System, something like that)

I've been thinking that Windows 10 doesn't support booting into USB????? or Lenovo G40-45 is bad??

the thing is I just wanted to upgrade my OS from Windows 10 x86 to x64! not to downgrade. because my laptop has only x64 drivers

best9bg, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Chopaka Win User
    error at beginning of fresh Windows 10 install from USB

I'm building a new PC with current Intel motherboard, CPU, and other new parts. I only have the minimum components connected (USB mouse, keyboard, SATA SSD drive, video card). This is a fresh build, not an upgrade.

I'm now trying to install Windows 10 Pro for the first time from a Microsoft USD drive. I set the BIOS to boot from the USB drive. When I get past the BIOS I get the prompt to choose the OS to install, Windows 10 x64 or x32. I choose the x64 option.
    The install begins by copying files, but after the file copy I get the error 0xc0000221, "The operating system couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors." The message refers to the NTOSKRNL.exe file.

I've tried the Windows install every possible way with the same results. I've taken the Windows 10 USB drive and plugged it into another working PC and viewed the contents of the USB drive and performed chkdsk on it and all looks good. I've also performed
    a memory check via the Windows tool and it came up clean as well. I've tried other clean formatted SSDs as the PC drive but still can't get the install to begin.

Is the Windows USB drive bad?

Is there something I can check to narrow down the problem?

Chopaka, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Can't boot USB drive with x64 windows installer

alphanumeric, Aug 22, 2015
  5. Does the PC/hardware support a 64 bit OS?

6. vaesco Win User
    I have a G3258 Pentium with 8 GB of RAM running on a 120 GB AData SP920 SSD. It's powerful enough to run x64, yes? And I did try the diskpart way. No luck there either.

vaesco, Aug 22, 2015
  7. Where did you download your install media from? May want to reset BIOS to defaults and try again.

8. vaesco Win User

I actually reverted to a previous BIOS version. Tried with the current version on default setting and with the old version with defaults. Nope, still reboots. I'm willing to try again but I'm getting kinda hopeless.

vaesco, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't boot USB drive with x64 windows installer - Similar Threads - Can't boot USB

2. After installing windows from USB can't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing windows from USB can't boot: Just installed windows on my aorus z790ax with a Samsung SSD 980 nvme 3.0 at 3.0 4x and can't boot after installing windows. I can see the drive on the drive list in the bios but can't see it in the boot list I only have windows boot manager and my usb drive....
  3. After installing windows from USB can't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After installing windows from USB can't boot: Just installed windows on my aorus z790ax with a Samsung SSD 980 nvme 3.0 at 3.0 4x and can't boot after installing windows. I can see the drive on the drive list in the bios but can't see it in the boot list I only have windows boot manager and my usb drive....
  4. After installing windows from USB can't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.

Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.: Hello there. As the title says, I can't boot into my Windows 10 21H1 bootable usb drive with UEFI mode. I have created usbs with several methods such as Media Creation Tool, Rufus, manual etc; tried with FAT32 and NTFS, and they all had the same problem: whenever I selected...
  6. Can't Boot From USB Drive

Can't Boot From USB Drive: I have an older Dell XPS l1521x and I'm trying to do a clean install of Win10. I used Microsoft's Creation Tool to make the usb stick, but when I plug it in and reboot it just goes into Windows. So I went into the bios A18 and saw secure boot was enabled. From reading some...
  7. can't boot from usb drive to have clean installation

can't boot from usb drive to have clean installation: i change BIOS to boot from usb and no problem with that, but windows installation can't progress, just black screen. What's my problem ? Do i need BIOS update ? If yes, i'm dead, can't find any new firmware for my bios. I'm stuck at version 1709. When i Restart after...
  8. Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB: Hi, I was having problems with my Display Driver, it kept shutting down my PC, so I uninstalled it and it didn't shut down anymore. I had to restart my PC the other day so I went into device manager and it had installed a Microsoft Generic driver. I uninstalled that one and...
  9. Can't install from USB drive

Can't install from USB drive: Hello guys, So I've come up with this issue that I hope you can help me with. I have installed Windows 10 from a USB drive in many computers and never had any problems.. The PC in question has originally Windows 7 and then upgraded to Windows 10 via that free update. But...
  10. Can't boot x64 Win10 setup from USB or DVD

Can't boot x64 Win10 setup from USB or DVD: Trying to do a clean install booting from DVD or USB created w Media Creation Tool: Windows 7 x86 and x64 boots from DVD or USB Windows 10 x86, boots from DVD or USB. Windows 10 x64, from DVD loads the blue window and then nothing more. Have to switch off/on to get out...