Windows 10: Can't boot windows 10

Discus and support Can't boot windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok so my pc got disconnected from its power source and when I turned it back on it would boot to the part where I type in my password, lock up, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ncnomad, May 11, 2017.

1. Ncnomad Win User

Can't boot windows 10

Ok so my pc got disconnected from its power source and when I turned it back on it would boot to the part where I type in my password, lock up, and restart again. After the second or third restart it pulls up the BSOD with the options for repair, etc. I can only boot into safe mode (no networking), access the command prompt m, and a few other options. I've tried just about everything google has suggested.

Edit: doesn't even show the login/password anymore, just my asus logo -> recovery options

:)

Ncnomad, May 11, 2017

2. Can't boot to desktop after making Windows 8.1 Operating system as default.

Old title: Can't boot

Hello: I have a 1 TB start up drive that has windows 7, 8.1 and 10 on it. I use to be able to boot and it gave me a choice of which windows to boot into but recently it has just started going directly to Win 10 and giving me No choice. I went into disk management
    and made the win 8 partition active and now I can't boot into anything. is there anyway to change this back? Once again, I can't boot into any OS. I can't even boot into safe mode.

TimothyKuhlman, May 11, 2017
  3. AR1FF1N Win User
    Can't boot to Windows 10

Original title: windows 10 boot problem(Active directory repair screen)

somehow i've opened 'msconfig' and pressed the safe boot active directory repair and now i can't boot into my windows 10.I can only reboot and shut down my computer and can't log in to my pc.how should i revert this setting??

AR1FF1N, May 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Can't boot windows 10

Hi, as a preliminary, check your disk, given the sudden power down.

Download Kyhi's boot disk (top of the Software and Apps section here) and boot from that.
    As you can see from the above, a number of utilities are included. Try HDTune.
    If you wish you could also try Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) - portable- download it and run it.

Please post the outcome. Thanks.

dalchina, May 11, 2017
  5. philc43 Win User
    Not sure why this was moved to the BSOD section - the OP is describing the blue Advanced Start up page that appears after three failed boot attempts.

philc43, May 11, 2017
  6. Ncnomad Win User
    Ok so I downloaded the boot disk to a USB, it now gives me the option on the advanced options screen to use the device. I click on it, it tries to boot a few times, then I'm back to the blue recovery screen again.

Ncnomad, May 11, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Do you mean you simply copied the iso to a USB drive? If so, that doesn't make your USB drive anything more than a drive storing a file. Certainly not a bootable USB drive.

USB drive: see Option 2 here but use Kyhi's iso.
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

A really easy option - if your PC has a DVD drive- is to burn the ISO to a DVD.

What sort of PC is it? No details in your system spec.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't boot windows 10

1. Can't boot windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't boot

2. Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.: After the last update I was having constant usb device errors. One was for a logitech camera but the others I believe were for a card reader installed in my case. I tried disabling the devices but I kept getting the errors. I also disabled USB root hub because I saw a...
  3. Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.: After the last update I was having constant usb device errors. One was for a logitech camera but the others I believe were for a card reader installed in my case. I tried disabling the devices but I kept getting the errors. I also disabled USB root hub because I saw a...
  4. my friend's computer can't boot up and always show this window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my friend's computer can't boot up and always show this window.: as you could see from the picture i attached, his computer just can't boot up, and keep repeating the process: preparing to repair your computer, diagnosing your computer and what you could see in attached picture. we also tried those steps in advanced settings but it doesn't...
  5. my friend's computer can't boot up and always show this window.

my friend's computer can't boot up and always show this window.: as you could see from the picture i attached, his computer just can't boot up, and keep repeating the process: preparing to repair your computer, diagnosing your computer and what you could see in attached picture. we also tried those steps in advanced settings but it doesn't...
  6. I can't boot my Windows 10 after all of the attempts to fix this...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't boot my Windows 10 after all of the attempts to fix this...: Hi! So I am here to ask for some help...So I accidentally removed the other partitions of my laptop which is ASUS by the way, and the only partition left is my "C:" drive and nothing else, due to that I forgot to backup my files, so I exited to the installation setup of...
  7. Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu: I just installed a gpu into my pc, but after setting it up it didn't appear in task manager. So I was gonna enable my gpu in bios that's what I was told to do when I went searching around. However when I go through the suggested route left shift and restarting there is no...
  8. Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu: I just installed a gpu into my pc, but after setting it up it didn't appear in task manager. So I was gonna enable my gpu in bios that's what I was told to do when I went searching around. However when I go through the suggested route left shift and restarting there is no...
  9. Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu

10. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find boot priority order in bios menu: I got an SSDc installed in my laptop which is the main drive now with the os. I wanted to switch back to a different drived as main boot priority. I even migrated os from C to D successfully but, in the bios menu all I see is:Boot mode UEFIFast bootPXE Boot to lanIPV4 PXE...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant boot windows 10