Windows 10: Cant boot windows after install

Discus and support Cant boot windows after install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I’m doing a clean install on a new SSD I just bought. The Samsung 850 EVO. I have a USB flash drive that I use to try to install Win 10 and I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Todora, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Todora Win User

Cant boot windows after install

So I’m doing a clean install on a new SSD I just bought. The Samsung 850 EVO. I have a USB flash drive that I use to try to install Win 10 and I cannot get it to work. I get to the install screen and when it says it need to reboot it won’t reboot back into the Windows installer. All I get is this when it reboots. (See attached picture) I have tried after the restart to boot into the SSD and the flash drive. I get the same message as mentioned before if I reboot into the SSD, and if I reboot into the Flash drive it just restarts the whole installation process. I also can see in the installation program that the OS has taken space up on the SSD even though I cannot boot from it. Any ideas?

:)

Todora, Oct 14, 2015

2. widows 10 installation stops - error 0xc1900101-0x4000D

after second boot windows 10 installation stops with this error. cant find any explanaion what is the problem

that error code

tomer gamlieli, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Problem with BCD while trying to install RHEL 7.2 on Windows

I recently installed RHEL 7.2 on my system by configuring an unallocated partition. After I boot into the system after the installation I cant boot into Windows. I edited the grub to boot into Windows but still i cannot booy into windows. I get an error
    saying there is problem with BCD. Any help in this topic is highly appreciated.

Original title: Error at startup

SauravKhakurel, Oct 14, 2015
  4. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

Not sure about this but I had a similar problem with an older Sata II OCZ SSD drive I tried in a newer machine.
    The problem was that the drive wasn't always recognized by the bios and even when it was it didn't last long enough for the installation of Windows to complete.
    I take it from your comment that setup did not complete, correct ?
    Hence a non-bootable drive and PXE trying to find a bootable network drive which isn't present.

That said, your particular problem may well be of a totally different nature so it's anyone's guess to what may cause it.
    You could try the following; in bios set up disable "Secure boot", disable "fast boot" .
    If bootsector protection against virus warning is enabled the machine should loop into bios but you can also try to disable that as well.

Should you have a spare drive you could try that and see if that works, if it doesn't then that would rule out the Samsung SDD as the culprit.

Sometimes Win 10 runs into trouble with a MBR drive while bios is set to UEFI and so on.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 14, 2015
  5. Todora Win User
    Well, here's the thing, I just tried re-installing win 10 on my old hard drive that came with the laptop. And it came up with the same error. Do you think it's something that's wrong with my bios since it doesn't work on my original drive?

Todora, Oct 14, 2015
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    You have good backups? Might want to consider a hard re-install. Blow away ALL partitions and let Windows install and create what it needs.

f14tomcat, Oct 14, 2015
  7. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Yes, I suspect something's wrong with the bios settings. You could try loading the default settings ( F3 ? ) and try again.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant boot windows after install - Similar Threads - Cant boot install

2. Windows is not booting after installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is not booting after installation: I installed Windows 10 through USB. But it is stuck on grub rescue page and error shows unknown filesystemPlease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-not-booting-after-installation/f92e7809-33c4-466c-b0bf-e6bbae306aa4
  3. Laptop cant boot after Linux install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cant boot after Linux install: So i tried installing Black Arch Linux on my USB, but put it on my laptop instead. At first it booted to Linux, but it randomly stopped doing that and now just tries to boot from LAN. There is no boot option remaining now. I tried bootrec commands i found online but it wont...
  4. Laptop cant boot after Linux install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cant boot after Linux install: So i tried installing Black Arch Linux on my USB, but put it on my laptop instead. At first it booted to Linux, but it randomly stopped doing that and now just tries to boot from LAN. There is no boot option remaining now. I tried bootrec commands i found online but it wont...
  5. Laptop cant boot after Linux install

6. Windows not booting after installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not booting after installation: When i installed windows 10 by usb then it restarts and after restarting it again shows install window . I tried to change boot option but there is no option showing for ssd where i installed windows.Help me!!!!!!!!!!!...
  7. Windows not booting after installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not booting after installation: When i installed windows 10 by usb then it restarts and after restarting it again shows install window . I tried to change boot option but there is no option showing for ssd where i installed windows.Help me!!!!!!!!!!!...
  8. Windows not booting after installation

9. Asus Laptop Replaced SSD Cant Boot Windows After Install

Asus Laptop Replaced SSD Cant Boot Windows After Install: I put a new samsung 970 pro mvme ssd into my laptop with a windows 10 usb drive, it recognized the drive and copied files, but at restart it booted back into the USB I removed it and it just keeps booting to the bios, i have secure boot off and csm enabled I cant delete boot...
  10. Cant boot or install windows

Cant boot or install windows: Hey everyone, long story but I'm stumped. I built my pc about 6 years ago now and have upgraded it a few times but have always used windows 7 and had no problems. But yesterday I experienced a problem where a minute or so after booting windows would stop responding. If I...