Windows 10: Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS

Discus and support Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, got a new Lenovo Yoga 720 with Win 10, was doing all the updates. I think the Intel Management Engine firmware update had a failure. It’s not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hicksville, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS

Hi,
    got a new Lenovo Yoga 720 with Win 10, was doing all the updates. I think the Intel Management Engine firmware update had a failure. It’s not listed in device manager and I can’t manually or automatically install a driver or see it in device manager. If I set intel PTT to disable in the BIOS, I can boot and also see TPM in device manager with code 10, but can’t update the driver. I updated the bios, downgraded, updated again. No change. I can toggle boot on and off with the PTT setting.

should I rma it? I’ve run out of ideas. Hoping you experts can help.

:)

hicksville, Dec 16, 2017

2. Intel platform trust technology high CPU usage

My Lenovo has ALL Microsoft and Lenovo updates and Intel PTT still locks CPU usage at 100%, turning my computer into a paperweight.

Closing Intel PTT solves the problem until you restart your computer, so I pinned the Task Manager to the task bar and close Intel PTT when it appears.

When I looked for a permanent solution, it seemed that the problem was created by using a PIN code to sign on to Windows rather than signing on with my Microsoft password.

I permanently turned on the PIN code sign on function by going to BIOS and editing BIOS by pressing "clear" for the Intel PTT function. You could also select "Disable" for the Intel PTT function. To ensure it does not get activated in the future, I went
    to program files, opened the Intel folder, and changed the name of the two files that began with the name "Intel PTT".

These changes eliminate the PIN code sign in option so I must use my full Microsoft password in the future. My computer runs faster and smoother, so I am happy.

The mystery: Intel, Microsoft and computer makers have received hundreds of complaints about Intel PTT locking CPU use at 100%. They have done nothing. No wonder people buy Apple computers.

AlanHoustonTx, Dec 16, 2017
  3. JebUSA Win User
    Login Setup won't take a PIN

Thanks! This worked for me.

Ran BIOS update from Dell, then I was getting "No Bootable Device Found". Dell Support was able to get me booted up again. But I could only sign in with Microsoft password - not face recognition or PIN. I could not get these enabled in settings; windows
    would request PIN to verify account, then nothing would happen.

I enabled "PTT Security" and it is now working fine.

JebUSA, Dec 16, 2017
  4. budi Win User

Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS

Thema:

Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS

1. Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS - Similar Threads - Can’t boot Intel

2. Secure Boot can’t be enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot can’t be enabled: Hello,I want to play a sertaint game, but when i lunch it i get an error message saying i need tmp 2.0 which i have and secure boot eanbled. When i go in the BIOS it says i have enabled secure boot, but in system information it says its not on. How can i fix thisThanks...
  3. Secure Boot can’t be enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure Boot can’t be enabled: Hello,I want to play a sertaint game, but when i lunch it i get an error message saying i need tmp 2.0 which i have and secure boot eanbled. When i go in the BIOS it says i have enabled secure boot, but in system information it says its not on. How can i fix thisThanks...
  4. Intel Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not seem enabled in OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not seem enabled in OS: I want to play android games on Bluestacks 5 app, I Installed and opened It, It says "Incompatible Windows Settings". I tried to make everything but nothing worked for me. After that, I installed and opened LD Player, It says "VT-x Disabled" and a program too says that. I...
  5. Intel Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not seem enabled in OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not seem enabled in OS: I want to play android games on Bluestacks 5 app, I Installed and opened It, It says "Incompatible Windows Settings". I tried to make everything but nothing worked for me. After that, I installed and opened LD Player, It says "VT-x Disabled" and a program too says that. I...
  6. "Firmware TPM - Enables PTT in SkuMgr. Discrete TPM - Disables PTT in SkuMgr. Warning!...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Firmware TPM - Enables PTT in SkuMgr. Discrete TPM - Disables PTT in SkuMgr. Warning!...: Hello,I have been having trouble with upgrading to Win11. It says that I don't have TPM 2.0 enabled and I have to enable it from my BIOS.I have a few questions:1. If my TPM device selection settings at Advanced -> PCH-FW Configuration have always been on "Discrete TPM", will...
  7. Update BIOS to enable PTT

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update BIOS to enable PTT: Greetings,I have Dell Inspiron 5570 that has PTT and not TPM. Is PTT OK for Windows 11?In anyway, I tried to update BIOS to enable PTT, I press ‘unlock’ it asks me for admin. password for this PC. I thought because I own my pc and signed as administrator then I have the...
  8. Enabling PTT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enabling PTT: I have a 7700k, how can PTT be enabled.I've looked through every option in my motherboards BIOS and can find to option to enable PTT.Initially i contact ASUS the motherboard manfacturer for options for enabeling TPM when they have advised that TPM isn't available but PTT...
  9. Secure Boot can’t be enabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secure Boot can’t be enabled: My Secure boot In my computer is enabled but the system information states that the secure boot is disabled.How can I solved this problem?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-cant-be-enabled/deb7c0e8-30f8-48e6-962e-b75be7a4f4e5
  10. BIOS Enable Intel VT-x

in Windows 10 Customization
    BIOS Enable Intel VT-x: So what do I look for when the Blue Screen comes up? UEFI? Win 10 allows me to get this far [I can't locate Intel's settings], but there's no way to alter theBIOS. I recall having to do BIOS fiddles before with VMWareway back in the 2000s. Help, please....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ptt enabled

2. ptt enabled in bios

3. lenovo wont boot adter ptt clear

4. clear intel ptt key,
  5. ptt boot,
  6. how to disable ptt in bios,
  7. What is clear Intel PTT key,
  8. What happens if I clear Intel PTT key,
  9. intel ptt not in boot menu,
  10. windows 10 ptt enabled restart loop,
  11. intel ptt bios reset,