Windows 10: Can't Boot with USB on Acer R3 131T

Discus and support Can't Boot with USB on Acer R3 131T in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My brother bought a Acer ultrabook(I call it a dud-book) that came with Windows 10. The problem is that these morons installed the OS on a tiny 32GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WinTenUser, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Can't Boot with USB on Acer R3 131T

My brother bought a Acer ultrabook(I call it a dud-book) that came with Windows 10. The problem is that these morons installed the OS on a tiny 32GB eMMc drive. The result is that there is a space issue while trying to update to the latest Windows. He tried to reset the computer back to, or close to factory default and the computer failed to succeed in doing this and gave him a BRICK instead! All attempts to get something running or restored have failed.

I am not really concerned with what WAS on the Drive as I was planning to do a clean install of the latest edition of 10 via USB.This is where I ran into a snag. I can't seem to boot from the USB despite altering the boot sequence in the BIOS or via the Windows Boot Menu(No USB option shows up)

The device is an Acer R3 131T Ultrabook and I have not been able to find any help. Google is being tight-lipped regarding a solution. Anyone wish to help me turn this BRICK into a sad excuse for a computer??? *Banghead

:)

WinTenUser, Dec 18, 2017
  2. collcar Win User

pc starts flashing when i download

My computer is an Acer R3 131T- C3L9 Model # N15W5. Please note that I am very green when it comes to computers. Thanks

collcar, Dec 18, 2017
  3. Surface Pro 3 loses display calibration upon rotation

I too have this annoying problem on my Acer Aspire R3-131T laptop/tablet. I run Windows 10. I even did a clean install of the OS using the ISO image, but that didn't help.

AcerAspireR3, Dec 18, 2017
  4. Can't Boot with USB on Acer R3 131T

Hi WinTenUser

Did you use the Windows Media Creator to create your bootable media. I assume this Ultabook books UEFI so I would check that key is formatted FAT32.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 19, 2017
  5. I had checked the fs. It was ntfs. Can't remember if I used the Windows Media Builder or Rufus to create it. But I tried to boot using a FAT32 boot media(Macrium Reflect) and it did not boot. I will build a new USB Boot Disk using the Media Creation Tool and give it a shot, but thus far nothing seems to be working.

Below:
    Images of the BIOS settings

Can't Boot with USB on Acer R3 131T [​IMG]

My assumption is that USB HDD should be what boots and not USB Floppy or USB CDROM

I take it the Windows Media Creation Tool will download the latest version of Windows 10(1709)!!????

WinTenUser, Dec 19, 2017
  6. If you download the current MCT it will download V1709 and it will format FAT32.

Caledon Ken, Dec 19, 2017
  7. OK! I did get this USB to boot. I will mark as solved as soon as I am done with the re-install process.

WinTenUser, Dec 19, 2017
  8. Can't Boot with USB on Acer R3 131T

Great. Glad the forum could help.

Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't Boot with USB on Acer R3 131T

1. Can't Boot with USB on Acer R3 131T - Similar Threads - Can't Boot USB

2. Can't boot from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot from USB: Hello my name is Ashan.My problem is I can't boot from my USB flash drive. There is no os in my hard drive. And also I don'the have a dvd rom. So my only option is to use USB.When I do boot my pc with USB, it shows the basic steps of the setupchoosing the keyboard layout etc...
  3. Can't Boot to USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Boot to USB: Windows 10Lenovo Ideapad S210I want to do a clean install andPressing F12 will not work.How can i Boot to my USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-to-usb/2d59ef0f-b834-46c3-a3fb-799095f91230
  4. Can't get Acer Aspire E15 to boot from usb or external hdd

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get Acer Aspire E15 to boot from usb or external hdd: Hello, My wife's Acer Aspire E15 (model N15Q1) bit the dust a few days ago. The screen was black, the mouse pointer is visible and I can move it, but can't actually do anything. Pressing the Windows key doesn't bring up the Start menu. Alt-Ctrl-Del brings up the screen to...
  5. Acer Aspire R3-131T can't see USB-Boot-Media

Acer Aspire R3-131T can't see USB-Boot-Media: Hello! My wife since 2016 has an Acer Aspire R3-131T netbook, 500Gb HDD, 4GB RAM. It became very slow with time, especially at boot. My wife get nervous, beats the buttons, but it certainly does not add speed. She does not want a new computer, so I decided to upgrade the RAM...
  6. Can't boot USB

Can't boot USB: I have Windows 10 currently installed on my PC. I want to go back to Windows 7, and I have a USB stick with the Windows 7 setup files. When my computer is starting up, I press esc to open the bios menu, then select boot device, then I select the USB with the Windows 7 setup...
  7. Can't boot from USB

Can't boot from USB: Hello. I had planned to perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I have a 32-bit now and want to change it to 64-bit). However, I cannot find any options for accessing my USB upon boot up, after going to Settings>Recovery>Advanced Startup>Restart Now. I also have the Legacy...
  8. Acer PC won't boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer PC won't boot from USB: I attempted to install another operating system onto another partition on my second PC. I've done all the steps correctly, after asking a question from another post. When I hit F12 and chose to boot from USB, it just showed a black screen. I went ahead to disable secure...
  9. Can't boot from USB

Can't boot from USB: I have a Hp pavillion. I made a usb flash boot drive with acronis 2016 I cant boot to it. This tutorial says that I must boot from within windows 10. I dont see in this post how to do that I only see it fort 8 is 8 the the same. ? 53114
  10. Acer Aspire E13 BIOS & Won't boot from USB

Acer Aspire E13 BIOS & Won't boot from USB: I have an ACER es13 (Model ES1-332-C4H1) I have tried to do a reset but if fails saying "There was a problem resetting PC" So I created a bootable USB win 10 64 - I can't get it to boot from this - I put USB HDD & usb FDD as 1 & 2 in the boot order - but still nothing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer r3 boot from usb

2. acer aspire R3-131T boot from CD

3. DESKTOP-VIIVTICAspire R3-131T bootdrive problam

4. disable emmc on aspire r3 131t,
  5. how to boot from usb in acer aspire r3,
  6. my acer aspire r3 has trouble starting up ,
  7. problem boot primeos acer r3-131t,
  8. boot menu reset r3-131t,
  9. acer r3-131t usb boot