Windows 10: can't browse files on DVD after failed burn

Discus and support can't browse files on DVD after failed burn in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; tried to burn some files to the DVD deleted them from the popup dialog box that you click on you have files waiting to burn but now the autoplay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dorkish, Sep 7, 2015.

1. dorkish Win User

can't browse files on DVD after failed burn

tried to burn some files to the DVD deleted them from the popup dialog box that you click on you have files waiting to burn but now the autoplay feature doesn't work can't brows the files on the DVD or when i put a DVD movie in to play it doesn't play

:)

dorkish, Sep 7, 2015

2. cmd.exe Crashes on Window Open, Cannot Reset nor Reinstall Windows

After a failed Windows 10 update which caused the computer to freeze, cmd.exe fails as soon as the window opens, giving the error "Windows Command Processor has stopped working". This also happens when any Windows program tries to access cmd.exe, usually
    causing the program to crash.

Nothing in the forums has worked, often because it requires running something from the command prompt.

I tried to do a restore, but there were NO restore points available.

Tried to reset Windows 10, but it fails at 3%

Tried re-installing Windows 10 from DVD and noted several problems:

I can't burn a DVD properly, using ANY burner. Files burn but it apparently doesn't finalize properly.

While the computer can boot from a DVD burned on an another computer, it can't find the ISO file on the DVD, and gives me an error message to that effect. This is on multiple DVDs authored by two different computers.

Does anybody have an idea, other than simply throwing the computer off the roof and buying a new one?

MJPHouston, Sep 7, 2015
  3. SDCUK Win User
    Whenever I burn files to a disc for DVD playback, it completes successfully yet it will not play in any DVD player.

*Original Title: DVD burning always fails.

Whenever I burn files to a disc for DVD playback, it completes successfully yet it will not play in any DVD player. I have tried using different burning software and it also tells me that the burning is successful but it fails in a DVD player. I have no
    clue what the cause of the problem could be and was thinking of buying a new optical drive. Any ideas?

SDCUK, Sep 7, 2015
  4. AliVeseli Win User

Probably the burn failed !
    Try Again burning those files make sure you use proper software and make sure that your DVD RW works fine.

AliVeseli, Sep 7, 2015
  5. dorkish Win User
    deleted the files to burn and don't want to burn the files anymore just want to be able to read and play disks agine

dorkish, Sep 7, 2015
  6. AliVeseli Win User
    I don't know for sure if the problem is with your Dvd ROM ( hardware ) or autoplay ( software ),
    Try system restore before and restore settings as you had before burring those files ( if the problem is autoplay feature this should fix it ) .

AliVeseli, Sep 7, 2015
  7. dorkish Win User
    well system restore didn't work still can't browse DVD files or autoplay DVD movies might have to just go back to win 7 then reinstall win 10 or just plain forget about win 10 if it can't recover from such a simple problem *Sad

dorkish, Sep 7, 2015
  8. can't browse files on DVD after failed burn

Windows 7 would do nothing either. You should make sure the DVD was created successfully BEFORE you delete the files. There is always that possibility it is going to fail. You can go back to Windows 7 if you think it is going to help, but it won't. There is nothing Windows can do with PICNIC problems.

logicearth, Sep 7, 2015
  9. dorkish Win User
    solved not sure what worked though forgot i had the godmode hack for win 10 so i set up autoplay with that then went and bought a blueray burner and can now play DVD movies and read data files again can't play blueray movies yet though probably going to have to go pay for a blueray software player program like powerDVD

dorkish, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. can't browse files on DVD after failed burn - Similar Threads - can't browse files

2. Burn DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burn DVD: How do I burn Happykids.tv to DVD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-dvd/4bdae334-3ad8-4e76-8594-56af113212ee
  3. Burning a DVD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Burning a DVD: Is there any software or a way to burn a DVD using Windows10? My Dad passed away last month and I received a DVD of the Cellebration of Life service. I need to make copies to give to family members. Thanks...
  4. burn files to dvd

in Windows 10 Customization
    burn files to dvd: i have a dvd burner it reads files it plays music and plays videos. I have two programs that will burn dvd and they both work went to Microsoft and download windows 10 it burned the dvd ok if I right click on a file I get the send to menu the dvd drive is not their I...
  5. burning to DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burning to DVD: I have saved the files to a DVD, and they show as being there, but the "finish burning" option remains grey, and won't let me complete .. what am I doing wrong? It worked at Christmas, but not now...
  6. Burning DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning DVD: How and can I burn a dvd on my windows 10 . I have a DVD RW in MY pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-dvd/e2f16ab6-693d-4061-95c4-4540a252b125
  7. burning a dvd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burning a dvd: how to create a dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-a-dvd/9eca03d9-63ea-4d73-bc7f-98192167f08c"
  8. DVD burning

DVD burning: Hi all. My laptop doesn’t have a DVD drive, but my older PC does. Can any one recommend a program ( free is possible ) that will allow me to create a home dvd, using videos taken from my phone, design a menu, and having a silent video in the back ground playing. Then could...
  9. Burning MP4 Files to a DVD

Burning MP4 Files to a DVD: I have Windows 10 on my new desktop computer and have a 1.9 GB MP4 file that I want to burn onto a DVD so that I can play it on my DVD player. Each time I try -- all I get is the same MP4 file burned to the DVD -- which doesn't play on my DVD player. Doesn't the system have...
  10. Burning to DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning to DVD: I've zipped some files for back up and want to write it to my DVD. I've dragged the zipped file to the DVD drives folder and gave it a name and chose the radio button to write as DVD ( as opposed to USB), but nothing gets written. All I get in is that the file is ready to be...