Windows 10: Can't browse google in Firefox after upgrade

Discus and support Can't browse google in Firefox after upgrade in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, I just upgraded to Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite S55-A machine 2 days ago. Ever since the upgrade, I couldn't get to google.com on my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ppdjoy, Jul 30, 2015.

1. ppdjoy Win User

Can't browse google in Firefox after upgrade

Hi all,

I just upgraded to Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite S55-A machine 2 days ago. Ever since the upgrade, I couldn't get to google.com on my default Firefox &/or Chrome browser. I was able to sync new files with my Dropbox desktop app. I also saw the internet (WiFi & ethernet) both were working as I was able to check my university's email site & read emails. I then took it over to the IT dept. in my university. After more than 2 hours of running diagnostics on various issues, they narrowed down the problem to be caused from my Avast Antivirus software. They then uninstalled the antivirus app & made Windows Defender as the default for that aspect. This partially solved the issue. I was able to go to google.com with Chrome now, but still not in Firefox. Please note, I am running the latest version of both those apps in my machine. Right now, as I am writing this message, I am able to do it in Firefox. But the basic search engine like Google is still not working on this browser. Below is a screenshot of what I am seeing when I am trying to go to Google. I should also mention that it is just not Google that it is happening with, I tried Facebook, Twitter. It's the same story there. With Gmail, however, it gives me a broken page like the image below. Other common sites i.e. CNN, Wikipedia, Tumblr are all working fine. It's the same error that I am getting with these Google, Facebook, Twitter. I really enjoy using Firefox which is why it had been my default for more than 5 years now. I can live with using Chrome for now. But ultimately, if Firefox doesn't send some update for Win10 or new patches to fix this issue for people like me, I'll seriously be considering moving back to Windows 7 or 8.

Google:

Can't browse google in Firefox after upgrade [​IMG]

Gmail:

Can't browse google in Firefox after upgrade [​IMG]

Thanks!

:)

ppdjoy, Jul 30, 2015

2. Firefox and Google Chrome cant reach many sites, Only IE works with all sites

I can browse to any site using new IE on Windows 10. But Firefox and Google Chrome are almost unusable since I got windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8.1. Chrome can browse to some sites and not others. Chrome and Firefox can't even get to youtube.com.

This needs to be fixed asap. Please help.

Priyank Thakkar, Jul 30, 2015
  3. ClaraSow Win User
    Unable to use applications

After I upgraded my pc from win 7 to win 10, I can browse internet with edge only. not IE, Firefox n can't update my antivirus,

can't use all apps. please help, Thank you.

Original Title: Larry

ClaraSow, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Can't browse google in Firefox after upgrade

Have you tried running Firefox with a new and clean profile (without add-ons) to see if you can access the sites? I've got the beta build installed with no issues whatsoever.

cyberrufus, Jul 30, 2015
  5. ppdjoy Win User
    I've tried without the add-ons, in the Incognite mode....nothing seems to be working.

ppdjoy, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Try a completely clean profile and see if that helps. If there's an issue with your profile just starting in safe mode won't be enough.

cyberrufus, Jul 30, 2015
  7. ppdjoy Win User
    Actually this problem has been listed with Windows 8 & 8.1 before also. I just broadened my search & figured out that apparently Firefox had been giving these "untrusted connection" warnings to reputable sites then. I just followed the steps as they mentioned here. It solved all the issues so far with Firefox.

ppdjoy, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Can't browse google in Firefox after upgrade

Family Safety feature? Never used it and really not familiar with it at all.

cyberrufus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't browse google in Firefox after upgrade

1. Can't browse google in Firefox after upgrade - Similar Threads - Can't browse google

2. Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.: I have had LOTS of issues trying to launch Google Chrome and Firefox. Whenever I launch the browser it instantly closes within 1-2 seconds. I've messed with MSConfig and disabling and enabling non-windows services to try and stop the interference but it didn't work. I then...
  3. Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.: I have had LOTS of issues trying to launch Google Chrome and Firefox. Whenever I launch the browser it instantly closes within 1-2 seconds. I've messed with MSConfig and disabling and enabling non-windows services to try and stop the interference but it didn't work. I then...
  4. Signing into Google in Firefox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Signing into Google in Firefox: I'm currently on Windows 10. When I sign into Google in Firefox, close the Firefox application and open it up again it doesn't remember that I signed into Google. How do I set Firefox so that I stay signed into Google. submitted by /u/Maximus34672 [link] [comments]...
  5. BSOD while browsing firefox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while browsing firefox: I will try and give all the info I can think of I dont know if it might help you. New pc I built a few days ago,specs: #asrock b450m pro 4 #Ryzen 3200g #Corsair cx450 power supply #Seagate barracuda hdd #2x4 3000mhz team group ram (only one stick working) #tp link WN881ND...
  6. cortana browsing with firefox

in Cortana
    cortana browsing with firefox: Can cortana be set to search in firefox instead of Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-browsing-with-firefox/80f74856-7fa3-4c58-b801-eb3f87200195"
  7. Getting Google on Firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting Google on Firefox: I have my default search engine set for Google in Firefox. But Firefox will not allow google to come up. I get this error message: "Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page". It does this twice after I click "allow" and then instead of...
  8. Bing to google for firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Bing to google for firefox: don't know if it has been posted yet but Install this script and no more bing with cortana *Party Bing to Google 13043
  9. BSOD while browsing Chrome and Firefox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while browsing Chrome and Firefox: Hello, Im facing BSOD many times while browsing internet using chrome, even i tried firefox both having same problem. My screen get artifacts block block all screen and freeze after 5 seconds. Gaming on computer more then hours no issue at all. im attaching some dump...
  10. After Windows Update Can't browsing except the google sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Windows Update Can't browsing except the google sites: Hi! 3 days ago my Win 10 Pro is updated. After finished the update i only can browsing the googe's sites (youtube, docs, gmail, maps etc..) but can't load all of the other sites in any browser, and my all software cant connect the interner included the Windows Update.....