Windows 10: Can't browse internet reliably

Discus and support Can't browse internet reliably in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a brand new Dell 3668 with Windows 10. About 50% of the time when I boot it up, internet browsing does not work (get a timeout message while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimD_394, Aug 20, 2018.

1. TimD_394 Win User

Can't browse internet reliably

I have a brand new Dell 3668 with Windows 10. About 50% of the time when I boot it up, internet browsing does not work (get a timeout message while trying to access web addresses) and also a message pops up on the Desktop stating "Could not connect to One Drive". However, when I click on Network Connection, it shows as connected to Network 2 (It's a LAN Connection). I have tried removing the McAffee anti-virus and SmartByte with no luck. I even tried re-setting Windows 10 with no luck.

Basically, this seems to happen randomly about 50% of boot-ups. I am somewhat of a novice and I'm getting very frustrated trying to get this to work...My older Dell machine was working fine on this same LAN connection.

:)

TimD_394, Aug 20, 2018

2. Cant delete the browsing history in the internet options.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you need to delete previous browsing history.

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

Which browser are you using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Internet Explorer (Delete Browsing History)

Step 1:

I suggest you to press Shift Key + Ctrl Key + Delete Key together and check the box against History and delete.

Steps 2: Reset Internet Explorer.

I suggest you to try the steps provided to reset Internet Explorer, in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 2: Microsoft Edge (Delete Browsing History)

I would suggest you to refer the link below on Viewing or deleting browsing history in Microsoft Edge,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/...-browsing-history-in-microsoft-edge#v1h=tab01

Note: When you use InPrivate Tabs your browsing data (like cookies history or temporary files) isn’t saved on your pc after you are done. Microsoft Edge deletes temporary data from
    your pc after all your InPrivate Tabs are closed.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Intermittent internet connectivity reliability W10

Hi Sue,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to perform the below methods and check if it resolves the issue.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control
      panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest Wi-Fi drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, Please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Can't browse internet reliably

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Can't browse internet reliably

1. Can't browse internet reliably - Similar Threads - Can't browse internet

2. Can't browse the internet on PC while the mobile hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't browse the internet on PC while the mobile hotspot is on: Normally I connect my laptop with ethernet cable and open the hotspot for my phone and everything works normally on both my laptop and my phone when using the internet Browse, Working, GamingBut lately there is an issue with the mobile hotspot on my laptop. When I turn the...
  3. Can't browse the internet on PC while the mobile hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't browse the internet on PC while the mobile hotspot is on: Normally I connect my laptop with ethernet cable and open the hotspot for my phone and everything works normally on both my laptop and my phone when using the internet Browse, Working, GamingBut lately there is an issue with the mobile hotspot on my laptop. When I turn the...
  4. Can't browse the internet on PC while the mobile hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. internet browsing

internet browsing: Hi, I can't browse YouTube and some other cites after I installed win10, how I can solve this problem? I appreciate any help Thank you & best regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-browsing/e2abfbb5-876a-40cb-912c-496147436d93
  6. System Browses LAN but can't see INTERNET

System Browses LAN but can't see INTERNET: Hello, We have five Win 10 systems... All can browse our LAN with no trouble. But one system cannot connect to Internet. I have tried everything I can think of, and have had extended conversations with a pretty senior tech from our Provider (happens to be Comcast.) I...
  7. Internet browsing slow

Internet browsing slow: Since a recent Windows 10 update I am experiencing extremely slow internet browsing and have problems with such as internet banking, and errors popping up saying there is a problem with most sites I am viewing, even though I know there is no problem as when I connect to same...
  8. I can browse the internet but can't download anything.

I can browse the internet but can't download anything.: I'm able to open up a browser and go to websites but when i try to download anything my internet disconnects. I cant even get my Xbox to connect to the network but my phone connects and works just fine....
  9. Can't delete Internet Explorer 11 browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Can't delete Internet Explorer 11 browsing history: Sometimes, I can't delete Internet Explorer 11 browsing history until the system is restarted. [img] 20070
  10. Unable to Browse Internet

Unable to Browse Internet: My husband & I try to remotely support his father's HP desktop. In the last month or so he can get email, TeamViewer for remote access works fine we can ping websites by name and IP but cannot browse to them by name or IP. We have done all the things recommended on MS site...