Windows 10: Can't browse on specific wifi

Discus and support Can't browse on specific wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm seeing a lot of people having a similar issue but I'm struggling to find a fix. I have a brand new windows 10 laptop and at home I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sremacle, Dec 27, 2016.

1. sremacle Win User

Can't browse on specific wifi

Hi all,

I'm seeing a lot of people having a similar issue but I'm struggling to find a fix.

I have a brand new windows 10 laptop and at home I have 2 wifis, let's call the 1st one VOO (name of my provider) and the 2nd one "VOO Extended" which is just the signal of my 1st wifi extended through a repeater. That is where it starts to get funny, I have around 5 devices that are connected to the Internet through VOO without any issue, but when I connect my windows 10 laptop I can ping any website I want but if I try to browse it I will get "can't reach this page message". However, when I connect to "VOO Extended" it all works perfectly.

I don't have any idea where this might be coming from, does anyone have a hint?

Thank you in advance for your help

Sam

:)

sremacle, Dec 27, 2016
  2. jdpunkt3 Win User

How to browse pc files with 5800.

How to browse pc files with 5800, is there any specific software? I have wifi enabled and it's working fine.

jdpunkt3, Dec 27, 2016
  3. franco d'esaro, Dec 27, 2016
  4. Can't browse on specific wifi

Welcome to the TenForums.

Here is how I might approach. First check what security protocol is being used VOO. Should not be WEP. If it is you need to sign into router and fix.

Make sure that when you connect to both networks you connect as a Private network, not one as Private and one as Public.

You didn't mention AV / Firewall. Shut off firewall and see if this changes things.

When connected to VOO, open command prompt with admin rights run

netsh winsock reset

This resets the ipstack.

then type

ipconfig /flushdns

This flushes dns

Reboot and retry.

Caledon Ken, Dec 30, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Are you running their Internet Security software that is rebranded F-Secure? Go through the manual for their Gateway. That will help you more than we can being across the pond. Especially with the time difference. http://www.voo.be/voo2015/assets/doc...olor-ME-EN.pdf

bro67, Dec 30, 2016
  6. John Galt Win User
    After trying the suggestions above, take a look at your network settings. Connect to one AP and run IPCONFIG /ALL and then connect to the other and run it again. Compare the two and post the results.

I'm betting that you are getting different network settings from the two different APs.

Why do the two APs have different SSIDs? Tell us more about your setup, is it your ISP router and a third party extender? Is it really an extender, or is it hardwired to the network. I have two APs in my house, both hardwired to the network, both using the same SSID and security settings; each AP is manually set to different channels to avoid conflicts. All the clients seamlessly move between them with no issues.

John Galt, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't browse on specific wifi

1. Can't browse on specific wifi - Similar Threads - Can't browse specific

2. Cant connect to a specific wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant connect to a specific wifi: I have a windows 10 pc with a wifi adpter. Sometimes when my pc boots up, it wont connect to my home wifi, though it does connect with my cellphone hotspot. It takes some reboots and netsh winsock reset to reconnect with wifi and keep connected trought the day. Its really...
  3. Windows 10 - WIFI can't connect to specific AP

Windows 10 - WIFI can't connect to specific AP: My colleagues and I have a Linux single board computer used as a controller on a new product design. The sbc is running a simple access point.* I can connect to it with older Windows 10 PCs, Linux PCs, Android Phones, iPad basically everything else I've tried* I can't...
  4. Can't connect to specifically home wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to specifically home wifi: I'm kind of at my wit's end here. I'm using a dell venue 11 pro 7140 and my wifi card is intel dual band - AC 7265. I came home yesterday and found that it can no longer connect to my home internet, and specifically my home internet. It hangs on "verifying and connecting"...
  5. I can't browse web

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't browse web: I installed the wifi drivers via usb still aint able to browse web please help. submitted by /u/Aayush711 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwc3ps/i_cant_browse_web/
  6. Can't start Edge browse

Can't start Edge browse: It had been working fine till yesterday. Now I can't start it. Who can help with with advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-edge-browse/199d136c-a74b-46ad-9c2a-8fd698ebad5c
  7. Connecting to specific WiFi channel?

Connecting to specific WiFi channel?: How do I connect to a specific channel of a WiFi network? thanks... -k https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-specific-wifi-channel/0eca0764-0c99-41cf-a436-3b8b3ad351a8
  8. Can't Connect to One Specific Wifi Network

Can't Connect to One Specific Wifi Network: I've been unable to resolve this problem. I've applied the troubleshooting I've found by searching the internet with no luck. Maybe somebody can figure out what's gone wrong. I have a Microsoft Surface 2 laptop with Windows 10. The Wifi on my laptop works and has connected...
  9. Can't browse internet reliably

Can't browse internet reliably: I have a brand new Dell 3668 with Windows 10. About 50% of the time when I boot it up, internet browsing does not work (get a timeout message while trying to access web addresses) and also a message pops up on the Desktop stating "Could not connect to One Drive". However,...
  10. Can't browse network shares?

Can't browse network shares?: After 1511 update this morning and changing nothing else, I can no longer access \\computername.... What gives? Any suggestions? 30384