Windows 10: Can't buy DirectX 11 required games, have DirectX 12 installed.

Discus and support Can't buy DirectX 11 required games, have DirectX 12 installed. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to buy some Telltale games from the MS Store, but it doesn't let me buy them as there is no green tick against the DirectX 11 requirement,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bristol99, Nov 21, 2016.

1. bristol99 Win User

Can't buy DirectX 11 required games, have DirectX 12 installed.

I am trying to buy some Telltale games from the MS Store, but it doesn't let me buy them as there is no green tick against the DirectX 11 requirement, even though I have DirectX 12 installed?

Thanks.

:)

bristol99, Nov 21, 2016

2. Need help with getting DirectX 11 to work

I can't buy any game in the store that requires DirectX 11, it shows an x next to version 11 required. DirectX diagnostic tool says I have DirectX 12, what is the problem? Thanks

The Beem Team, Nov 21, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DirectX 12 downgrade to directx11 due to Graphic card request.

You cannot downgrade DirectX 12 to DirectX 11.

DirectX 12 is backward compatible with previous versions of DirectX

Lots of users have installed DirectX 11 for gaming purposes and this has caused system crashes, BSOD's . . . etc.

The best solution is run the apps that require DirectX 11 in compatibility Mode and choose Windows 8 compatibility

DaveM121, Nov 21, 2016
  4. SoFine409 Win User

I think that DirectX 12 is backwards compatible with DirectX 11. I suspect that the issue is related to your graphics card. Is it more than 2 years old? If so then that might be the issue.

SoFine409, Nov 21, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    I have DirectX 12 installed and on the Display tab of dxdiag have Feature Levels: 11_0, 10_1, 10_0, 9_3, 9_1 showing implying backward compatibility.

Berton, Nov 21, 2016
  6. bristol99 Win User
    Yes my laptop is 5 years old, so I have no options I'm assuming?

bristol99, Nov 21, 2016
  7. Dude Win User
  8. Berton Win User

A problem with Notebooks/Laptops, in contrast to Desktops, is there's relatively little change one can make in the hardware involved, usually only upgrading RAM and the HDD.

Berton, Nov 22, 2016
  9. bristol99 Win User
    My feature levels are only showing 10_1, 10_0, 9_3, 9_2, 9_1. How do I get 11 version?

My specs are:

Windows 10 Home
    Interl(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
    6GB RAM
    64 bit OS, x64 processor
    1TB Memory
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 555 M Graphics

bristol99, Nov 22, 2016
  10. According to the Nvidia specs for the notebook GT 555 M (below) that card does support DX11.

Can't buy DirectX 11 required games, have DirectX 12 installed. [​IMG]

GeForce GT 555M | Features | GeForce

What Nvidia driver version do you have installed? According to the below, the latest for the GT 555M is, like for everyone, 375.95.

Drivers | GeForce

Are you sure you are using the Nvidia GPU as opposed to integrated graphics? I think you can confirm that in the Nvidia control panel under manage 3D settings. On mine integrated doesn't show in control panel as I have it disabled in bios.

specialkone, Nov 23, 2016
  11. bristol99 Win User
    All seems to be correct. The Nvidia graphics is auto selected. What could the issue be?

Here you can see I've got DirectX 12

Trying to buy a game from the store and the requiremeent is not met.

bristol99, Nov 23, 2016
  12. Try switching it from auto selected to force it to use the Nvidia GPU.

specialkone, Nov 23, 2016
  13. bristol99 Win User

I just did and restarted my laptop, same issue. *Sad

I've contacted MS support multiple times and they were no help.

Weird thing is the store lets me buy all these triple A games but I'm not allowed to download these point and click games due to this directx issue.

bristol99, Nov 23, 2016
  14. Just installing DirectX 12 doesn't mean your fully DirectX 12 capable. Or even 11 capable. The hardware has to support it too. If the hardware only supports the features of DirectX 10, that's all you'll get.

alphanumeric, Nov 23, 2016
  15. bristol99 Win User
    I never actually installed any of the DirectX versions, they must be getting updated automatically through Windows update. So how do I know what version my laptop really supports? Is there anything I can do at this point? Thanks.

bristol99, Nov 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't buy DirectX 11 required games, have DirectX 12 installed. - Similar Threads - Can't buy DirectX

2. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements: I have Nvidia GeForce 920m that shows in directx system, that it can operate directx 12, but at the same time max operational is 11, witch makes no sense. It's like saying ,, I can bench press 120kg, but I will never actually use my max strength, even I can,, . I'm asking why...
  3. Directx 11 not working on directx 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 11 not working on directx 12: Can somebody help me i have directx 12 installed on my pc but when i launch a game it says dx11 required and another thing is that steam installed directx 11 for me and it dosent make sense because directx 9.0c games work but not directx 11 while i have directx 12 installed...
  4. Directx 11 not working on directx 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directx 11 not working on directx 12: Can somebody help me i have directx 12 installed on my pc but when i launch a game it says dx11 required and another thing is that steam installed directx 11 for me and it dosent make sense because directx 9.0c games work but not directx 11 while i have directx 12 installed...
  5. Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12: Hi, I tried to play a game called Lego Marvel Superheros 2, but when I ran the game it said "Fatal Error, Your machine is unable to run the game. It requires a graphics card which supports DirectX 11"I checked what DirectX version I had, and it said I had DirectX 11, How do I...
  6. Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12

Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12: Hi, I tried to play a game called Lego Marvel Superheros 2, but when I ran the game it said "Fatal Error, Your machine is unable to run the game. It requires a graphics card which supports DirectX 11"I checked what DirectX version I had, and it said I had DirectX 11, How do I...
  7. Minecraft Required DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Required DirectX 12: i have directx 12 i want tto download minecraft win 10 edition i own it but it has block sign on install button it says need directx version 11 i have 12 please help [Original Title: help]...
  8. I have directx 12 but my application requires directx 11

I have directx 12 but my application requires directx 11: Hi, i want to play fortnite on my pc. I have a ati graphics card and it is not letting play fortnite. My directx which is installed is directx 12 and it's feature levels go up to 10. Please someone help me. I have watched a lot of YouTube videos and the all say the same...
  9. I have DirectX 12, but cannot install games that need Directx 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have DirectX 12, but cannot install games that need Directx 10: Hello, I have DirectX 12 installed, however, I am unable to install games that need DirectX 10. Relevant screenshots are attached. I would appreciate any help. Thanks The Game I am trying to Install [ATTACH] Microsoft Store shows these are the requirements for the...
  10. Directx 12-11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12-11: I want to change DirectX 12 to DirectX 11 but I don't know how, please respond as fast you cant play Fortnite because of it D': https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12-11/80b365c3-e34b-4a9f-957a-d30aaa55b801

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game says directx 11 will directx 12 work