Windows 10: Can't bypass destructive Windows Update from Microsoft

Discus and support Can't bypass destructive Windows Update from Microsoft in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; On my Win 10 Pro x64. Microsoft is insistent to install an update which trashes my secondary video adapter, an ATI Radeon HD 4600 series card. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mfaklis, Feb 4, 2017.

1. mfaklis Win User

Can't bypass destructive Windows Update from Microsoft

On my Win 10 Pro x64. Microsoft is insistent to install an update which trashes my secondary video adapter, an ATI Radeon HD 4600 series card. My global policies point to my WSUS server running Server 2012 R2 x64. On that WSUS, I declined all device drivers for the HD 4600. The driver I use was downloaded from the vendor site, and works fine. WU insists it needs to update "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series". That WU driver causes many videos on Hulu, Netflix, YouTube to play as solid green, much to my dissatisfaction. I have found no method of bypassing that defective device driver.
    When WU shows desired updates, it re-installs the defective video driver, and I must uninstall the drive, deleting the driver, then reinstall the good driver downloaded from the vendor site. Soon thereafter, a popup insists it needs to install the defective video driver yet again.
    Where is this coming from, since in WSUS I declined all device drivers for the HD 6400, and then a cleanup removed the declined updates.
    Microsoft is not playing with others well, when it keeps forcing this defective device driver down my throat. I'm looking for a solution short of pulling the perfectly good video adapter from my system.

Please Help.

:)

mfaklis, Feb 4, 2017
  2. thenewmessiah, Feb 4, 2017
  3. Johnnycr Win User
    KB3140768 destroys boot - automatic repair fails

I just got an email from Microsoft asking if my question has been answered yet. No. It has not been answered. Microsoft has done jack squat to address this issue.

Microsoft needs to stop releasing destructive updates, or at the very least make a way for customers to decline destructive updates.

I'm still waiting for a solution to my problem, Microsoft. Don't worry, I've only been dealing with this for about a month now. No big deal!

Johnnycr, Feb 4, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Bree, Feb 4, 2017
  5. mfaklis Win User
    Thank you so very much.

mfaklis, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't bypass destructive Windows Update from Microsoft - Similar Threads - Can't bypass destructive

2. Why is Microsoft Update invasive and destructive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Microsoft Update invasive and destructive?: WTF???Why does Microsoft feel they have the right to force my computer to shutdown and update itself without getting an acceptance prompt from me, the owner and user of the computer? I had work in progress and left it overnight. The next day I found that your invasive...
  3. Why is Microsoft Update invasive and destructive?

Why is Microsoft Update invasive and destructive?: WTF???Why does Microsoft feel they have the right to force my computer to shutdown and update itself without getting an acceptance prompt from me, the owner and user of the computer? I had work in progress and left it overnight. The next day I found that your invasive...
  4. Why was KB4601554 cumulative update so destructive?

Why was KB4601554 cumulative update so destructive?: My system recently received the May 10, 2021 Windows 21H1 update. Immediately after finishing the update windows update automatically download and applied KB4601554 , May 11, 2021-KB4601554 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.After system restart every user...
  5. Destructive Windows update - SSD destroyed - Quite the PITA

Destructive Windows update - SSD destroyed - Quite the PITA: I need to share my upgrade experience here as Microsoft has several failures here that need to be remedied and addressed, hopefully this feedback won't fall on deaf ears here on the community forums. I just completed another custom PC build for myself, re-used my Windows...
  6. Can't bypass BitLocker!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't bypass BitLocker!: Hello! For some reason I have to get BitLocker recovery key, but I don't have it. There's no key on my account, no key in AD, no key on USB and can't reset it from BIOS. I've checked everything from Google and YouTube but without any good answer. And I can't get to Command...
  7. Microsoft Windows update system destruction?

Microsoft Windows update system destruction?: Hello there everyone. Am I doing something wrong? Why is it that "EVERY SINGLE TIME" my system updates, windows apps, windows store and windows features will stop working/break? The software I develop keeps working, every single 3rd party application keeps working....
  8. Windows Updates bypassing SCCM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates bypassing SCCM: We have SCCM in our environment and machines that are managed by SCCM are going out to the internet to pull updates. How can we stop this? 90909
  9. non-destructive downgrade to windows 8.1 from disk

non-destructive downgrade to windows 8.1 from disk: Windows 10 is completely broken now. It won't even start. It started with Cortana and my start menu not working, then I couldn't access store, or make a new account. I tried checking the disk but no problems. I downloaded classic shell to get a working start menu, but I...
  10. Disabling the Windows 10 Auto-destruct feature?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling the Windows 10 Auto-destruct feature?: I've been on Windows 10 for nearly two weeks. I turned my back on it this morning, and when I returned in an hour it had done something which: Restored Windows setting almost to a clean install state (some video settings survived) Regresses an update to Google Chrome from...