Windows 10: Can't bypass login and password

Discus and support Can't bypass login and password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently migrated to Win10 with a free upgrade from Win7. I'm the only user, and I like to power up and then find the computer ready to use when I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jfniss, Mar 29, 2016.

1. jfniss Win User

Can't bypass login and password

I recently migrated to Win10 with a free upgrade from Win7. I'm the only user, and I like to power up and then find the computer ready to use when I come back to it without having to log in. When I installed Win10, without understanding why, I followed the instructions to create a Microsoft account with my full name and email. After I started using Win10, I understood that power up made me sign in with my password to microsoft.com before booting my computer--the login screen displayed my full name and email as they were registered with microsoft.com. I searched the Web for how to avoid this and followed instructions to switch to a local account. I had to create a new local account with a different user name (it said my full name was already in use), so instead of my full name I used my initials (JN). I also had to choose a password, and (fortunately) it accepted the same password as for microsoft.com. On the User Accounts window, the box about re requiring password is unchecked (see screen shot). But now, when I power up, I get a login screen that shows JN as the only user. When I press Enter, it makes me enter a username and password, and I have to overwrite the default user Owner with JN to log in. How can I bypass the login screen?

:)

jfniss, Mar 29, 2016

2. cannot login to windows 10

after the free install of windows 10, I cannot login. I am at the password screen and being asked for my password. I have entered the password that i know is correct, and other passwords that it could be and can't login. i tried the Microsoft password, can't
    login. i have tried everything. F8 on restart to reset or troubleshoot, or start in safe mode, any of those options do not work.. it asks for my password. i am unable to do anything. is there a way to bypass this password, or have a fix for this? can
    someone please help?!!,

catherine~t, Mar 29, 2016
  3. nemanja4870, Mar 29, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello jfniss, *Smile

It sounds like you already have Windows setup to automatically sign in to your Microsoft account that no longer exists which would give you this issue at sign in.

You should be able to start over in netplwiz to set Windows to automatically sign in to your "JN" account with its password to sort this.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Mar 29, 2016
  5. jfniss Win User
    I've already done what I can with netplwiz (see my screenshot), and still I have to sign in.

jfniss, Mar 30, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 30, 2016
  7. jfniss Win User
    No problem at wakeup--only at bootup. (I selected no login after sleep and hibernation.)

jfniss, Mar 30, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

In that case, check the "User must enter" box in netplwiz, click on OK. then try again to see if it may toggle it to work.

Brink, Mar 30, 2016
  9. jfniss Win User
    Thanks, that worked. I had to recheck the "User must enter" box, then restart, then uncheck the box. On the next boot, there was no login screen. Evidentally, sometimes the User window can show an unchecked box even though the actual background setting is to require a password.

jfniss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't bypass login and password - Similar Threads - Can't bypass login

2. How to bypass the password login on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to bypass the password login on Win 10?: Hi! I have an old PC at my old house, which I haven't used for 3 years. I have tried many passwords that I could think of even the hint didn't help, but it didn't work. The account is the administrator, so it won't allow me to modify it in any way. I have tried a method...
  3. How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?: I can no longer find a way to logon to Windows 10 without having to enter my password. Seemingly due to recent changes resulting from uploading the most recent versions of Windows 10. IMPORTANT: I had also done a Windows 10 reinstall with the latest updates.Note: I prefer to...
  4. How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?: I can no longer find a way to logon to Windows 10 without having to enter my password. Seemingly due to recent changes resulting from uploading the most recent versions of Windows 10. IMPORTANT: I had also done a Windows 10 reinstall with the latest updates.Note: I prefer to...
  5. How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. unable to bypass windows 10 password login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to bypass windows 10 password login: I have Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1. I want to be able to boot Windows 10 without requiring my password. I can't remove my password because if I do, I can't share files using the NETWORK window with other machines in my home. netplwiz doesn't show the checkbox to skip sign in....
  7. unable to bypass windows 10 password login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to bypass windows 10 password login: I have Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1. I want to be able to boot Windows 10 without requiring my password. I can't remove my password because if I do, I can't share files using the NETWORK window with other machines in my home. netplwiz doesn't show the checkbox to skip sign in....
  8. Bypass previous owner login and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bypass previous owner login and password: My daughter bought a used laptop with Win10 and the previous owner left his login and pin in it and now we can't reach him. Is there a way I can bypass that to get into windows to make it my daughters laptop?...
  9. Bypass login password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bypass login password: I have just purchased a new Dell Desktop which comes with Win 10. Whilst I appreciate MS's concern over security, I suspect that I should be more concerned about losing my credir=t cards or car keys than someone running off with my desktop, which only contains my personell...
  10. How to Bypass Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Bypass Login Password: I want to sign into Windows without a password, So I un-ticked "Users must enter a user name and password..." in User Accounts (See below). Now when I boot up, the Password screen is bypassed, and all is good. But when I simply log out of my account, I have to enter a...