Windows 10: Can't cast youtube (with edge) and .mkv files to Samsung UHD SmartTV

Discus and support Can't cast youtube (with edge) and .mkv files to Samsung UHD SmartTV in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I have a problem that I can't seem to solve. I am running windows 10 on my PC and I have a 2015 UHD Samsung TV UE48JU6400. When I try to cast mkv... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Slims88, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Slims88 Win User

Can't cast youtube (with edge) and .mkv files to Samsung UHD SmartTV

Hi!
    I have a problem that I can't seem to solve. I am running windows 10 on my PC and I have a 2015 UHD Samsung TV UE48JU6400. When I try to cast mkv files it just says loading on my tv and a message comes up that says" The selected format is not currently supported" which quickly "okays" itself and the loading bubbles on the TV keep "loading".
    The problem is that I know the tv can play .mkv files ( from USB devices, Samsung link, and all that). Also when I'm in Edge and hit cast to device on my TV on youtube it does that same thing !
    Cast to device only works on facebook pictures, .avi files and mp4 files. Please help - I've been searching the whole internet for an answer and I can't find it !
    Thank you so much !

:)

Slims88, Feb 9, 2016
  2. Vlad88R Win User

Can't cast to device in windows 10 - only works with avi, mp4 not mkv

Hi!

I have a problem that I can't seem to solve. I am running windows 10 on my PC and I have a 2015 UHD Samsung TV UE48JU6400. When I try to cast mkv files it just says loading on my tv and a message comes up that says" The selected format is not currently
    supported" which quickly "okays" itself and the loading bubbles on the TV keep "loading".

The problem is that I know the tv can play .mkv files ( from USB devices, Samsung link, and all that). Also when I'm in Edge and hit cast to device on my TV on youtube it does that same thing !

Cast to device only works on facebook pictures, .avi files and mp4 files. Please help - I've been searching the whole internet for an answer and I can't find it !

Thank you so much !

Vlad88R, Feb 9, 2016
  3. How can one use Chromecast using Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Browser?

I have Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Browser and those three horizontal lines on the upper right screen below the X to close out the Browser has a list of features including "Cast to Device" and when I click on that option my Chromecast version 1 are not one
    of the devices on the network that the Microsoft Edge Browser recognizes.

In fact, my Dell computer has an HDMI "INPUT" that I actually inserted my Chromecast into and the Chromecast when using the HDMI input on the Dell All-In-One PC Desktop/Tablet type Device, it acts just like it would if I had it attached to my HDMI input
    via my SmartTV?

Is there a plug-in I am missing that needs to be loaded onto EDGE? Apparently, Microsoft has already confirmed that EDGE is a 100% 4K UHD Compliant Browser, which to knowledge is the only Browser currently certified as UHD ready, neither CHROME or FIREFOX
    or any of the other Browsers are UHD ready, so from that perspective even though Chromecast is only 1080p at best, it likely is still not obsolete given if you have a 4K monitor with upscaling functionality, then anything you cast onto the Chromecast in 1080p,
    likely would invariably be up-converted to 4K in the EDGE Browser ONLY, NOT Google CHROME or FIREFOX.....
    Any suggestions?

Google Groupes

David Martin Graff, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

Can't cast youtube (with edge) and .mkv files to Samsung UHD SmartTV

1. Can't cast youtube (with edge) and .mkv files to Samsung UHD SmartTV - Similar Threads - Can't cast youtube

2. Can't wirelessly cast Win11 to Samsung Q80

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't wirelessly cast Win11 to Samsung Q80: My Samsung Q80 65 TV isn't wirelessly screen sharing with my PC. When I search for available TVs, I get to see other Samsung models from neighbors Q60 Series 55, 5 Series 43, for example, but not mine. I've been struggling with this for months. This same TV worked perfectly...
  3. Can't wirelessly cast Win11 to Samsung Q80

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't wirelessly cast Win11 to Samsung Q80: My Samsung Q80 65 TV isn't wirelessly screen sharing with my PC. When I search for available TVs, I get to see other Samsung models from neighbors Q60 Series 55, 5 Series 43, for example, but not mine. I've been struggling with this for months. This same TV worked perfectly...
  4. Can't Cast from laptop to samsung tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Cast from laptop to samsung tv: Can someone help me? I'm trying to do connect my PC to my tv and watch AmC plus by casting it to my TV samsung smart tv Q80 Series 65. However it isn't working I've tried multiple solutions that I have found online and it doesnt work. I have an XPS 15 Running windows 11.This...
  5. Can't Cast from laptop to samsung tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Cast from laptop to samsung tv: Can someone help me? I'm trying to do connect my PC to my tv and watch AmC plus by casting it to my TV samsung smart tv Q80 Series 65. However it isn't working I've tried multiple solutions that I have found online and it doesnt work. I have an XPS 15 Running windows 11.This...
  6. Cast To Device feature and on-going issues with .MKV files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cast To Device feature and on-going issues with .MKV files: When casting a video file that is an MKV, Cast-To seems to have the best issues. It does not allow skipping ahead or backwards, audio quality is poorer or usually more quiet, will suspend itself after having paused for more than a few minutes or will randomly close itself...
  7. Windows 10 can't seem to detect Samsung SmartTV as possible wireless display anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 can't seem to detect Samsung SmartTV as possible wireless display anymore: In the past, I've been able to connect my Windows 10 PC to my Samsung SmartTV as a wireless display by using the Project tool in the Action Center Windows + P. I've been able to do this multiple times over the past month with no issue. Starting this week though, the TV just...
  8. Can't Cast Screen To Samsung TV From Windows 10 but Can Cast Video Files

Can't Cast Screen To Samsung TV From Windows 10 but Can Cast Video Files: Hi, i cant use "Connect" on Windows 10 to miracast my screen to Samsung Smart TV (40N5300) -that supports Miracast, Airplay2, DLNA etc and i can connect from all of my mobile devices-. (i can see the TV on connect section, if i click, "connecting to x device" shown on the tv...
  9. New Edge: casting to device doesn't show samsung tv

New Edge: casting to device doesn't show samsung tv: :( anyone able to cast to a tv through the new chromium edge? I can cast media through the file explorer just fine. Just not through edge which would be a bit better for me. submitted by /u/krone_rd [link] [comments]...
  10. mkv files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mkv files: was backing up a bluray disc to mkv using handbrake. some files i could play and others I could not, why? Played back on windows media player. any help would be graciously appreciated...