Windows 10: Can't change default storage settings in windows 10

Discus and support Can't change default storage settings in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi - I just bought an ACER Spin 513-52N-530. I use Dropbox to store my files and data. I went to Windows Settings (STORAGE ==> "Change where new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marie Paule Lancup, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Can't change default storage settings in windows 10

Hi - I just bought an ACER Spin 513-52N-530. I use Dropbox to store my files and data. I went to Windows Settings (STORAGE ==> "Change where new content is saved") , and when I tried to change the default save locations shown in each of the dropdown boxes from "This PC (CCan't change default storage settings in windows 10 :)", the system doesn't show me any other options and won't allow me to make any changes :-(

Thanks for helping.

MPL

:)

Marie Paule Lancup, Jul 8, 2018

2. Can´t change the default storage drive.

Hello.

I changed the default storage drive (from C: to DCan't change default storage settings in windows 10 :) in "Settings>>System>>Storage, however the Windows continues to install all apps in C: drive. Any suggestion?

HelderCardoso_0707, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jul 8, 2018
  4. bllo Win User

Can't change default storage settings in windows 10

I recently purchased a Surface 3 with Windows 10. Initially, I changed my default storage options for Documents to "My PC" via the drop down menus under Settings/Storage/Save Locations. I did not make any changes to the default storage settings to any
    other files.

Now I've decided to change the default to save Documents to my OneDrive. But when I attempt to do so, the only option in the drop down menu is "My PC". OneDrive is no longer an option.

In fact, I am not given an option to change the default storage location for Apps, Documents, Pictures, Music, or Videos - they only say "My PC".

How can I change the default storage settings for my files??

Thanks!

bllo, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't change default storage settings in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't change default

2. Change default setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default setting: How do I change the default setting on the weather tile please RayTJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-setting/be9c01ab-63da-4000-96f3-d6bb0314bae5
  3. cannot change my default saving location to "this PC" under settings < storage < change...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot change my default saving location to "this PC" under settings < storage < change...: hi Team , i have the following issue with windows 10 cannot change my default saving location to "this PC" under settings < storage < change where the new content is saved . it just lists "C drive" and not "this PC". everything i try to save , it saves under skydrive , i...
  4. Can't set/change default app on .txt files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't set/change default app on .txt files: This started a few days ago and I reinstalled Windows earlier in the hopes that would fix it, but it didn't. I have no idea what caused this, either- Certain files, in particular any that can open in notepad (or sublime 3, as I prefer), just shows up as a blank icon and asks...
  5. Changing default storage locations

Changing default storage locations: Every time I download any new music, its stored automatically in the file explorer, C:. when I go to change that default location, it doesn't give ant other option to save anywhere else but drive C:. This is very frustrating as they are then not found in the media player to...
  6. Can't change default change settings and my ssd is full.

Can't change default change settings and my ssd is full.: My ssd has 0 space left and I don't know how to move files to my hard drive. I cant change my default save location, I get an error code of0x80070005, i have tried many things but nothing has worked....
  7. Can't change default programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change default programs in Windows 10: This is on new Dell Latitude 5501's fresh out of the box, only after running the Microsoft Office 365 Cleanup Tool because Dell dumps 5 whole language versions of Office onto the systems with a faulty installation path, which completely screws up my deployment workflow....
  8. changing default setting

changing default setting: I have set my laptop to open a .dav document with Widows Media Player. However, that can't do it so I now wish to change to another programme that will open it but can't work out how to....
  9. Can't Change Default Apps On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Change Default Apps On Windows 10: I've installed Media Player Classic on my computer and I can't set it as my default video player. I right clicked on a video file and clicked on properties and selected Media Player Classic as the program that file type should open with. But after selecting it, the default...
  10. changing default settings

in Browsers and Email
    changing default settings: I have office 2013 and use outlook for my email. When I delete a message it goes into my trash folder and not my deleted folder. Plus the trash folder keeps only a few days of deleted emai9ls. How can I change outlook to send deleted items to the deleted folder and also keep...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. storage settings windows 10

2. default storage settings

3. how to set default storage in windows 10

4. why i am not able to change my storage settings on laptop,
  5. default storage change,
  6. windows 8 how to set dtorage to default,
  7. cant change storage settings windows 10,
  8. how to set default storage,
  9. how to set default storage windows 10,
  10. cant change storage spaces settings,
  11. change default storage windows 10,