Windows 10: Can't Change Desktop Wallpaper

Discus and support Can't Change Desktop Wallpaper in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm getting frustrated with this. No matter what I do I can't get to change the desktop wallpaper/background on windows 10. When I open a pic in ACDsee... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cheezz, Oct 2, 2014.

1. cheezz Win User

Can't Change Desktop Wallpaper

I'm getting frustrated with this. No matter what I do I can't get to change the desktop wallpaper/background on windows 10. When I open a pic in ACDsee and set it as a wallpaper it doesn't change a thing. All I have is a solid color. Can someone help me with this please. TIA

:)

cheezz, Oct 2, 2014

2. How To Set Spotlight Lock Screen Image as Wallpaper on Windows 10 Desktop

You can use Bing desktop that sets your wallpaper as bing wallpaper.

Download Bing Desktop

My Spotlight wallpaper changes twice a week, so it isn't with conjunction with wallpaper.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 2, 2014
  3. How to change localization in Bing Desktop ?

Hi, I have Polish laptop, with english language ( UK ), and localization ( UK ) , but Bing Desktop change my wallpaper on worldwide Bing Wallpaper. How to set, Bing change my wallpaper on UK Bing Wallpaper ?

Mateusz130701, Oct 2, 2014
  4. Can't Change Desktop Wallpaper

Hi,

Have you tried...

Right Click Desktop >> Select Personalize >> Click on Desktop Background

Can't Change Desktop Wallpaper [​IMG]

Does it let you change it there?

Regards,
    Jamie

JDobbsy1987, Oct 2, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    The above method works just fine for me.
    :hmm:

BunnyJ, Oct 2, 2014
  6. cheezz Win User
    Jamie, I've tried that but no go. Thanks.

cheezz, Oct 2, 2014
  7. Koub777 Win User
    save an image file to your desktop, rightclik set as desktop background. Is this working?

Its sounds very strange to me, not to be able to change the background.

Koub777, Oct 2, 2014
  8. LittleJay Win User

You shouldn't even need to open the pic in ACDsee. Just try using File Explorer to navigate to the folder where your pics are stored and right click on the pic you want and then set as desktop. Doing it that way seems to work for me, so it might be worth a try, if you haven't done so already.

LittleJay, Oct 2, 2014
  9. Maybe you have activated active desktop? Check the registry and delete any of those, if present:

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop]

TairikuOkami, Oct 2, 2014
  10. Yep I simply right click and used it :/
    I did get a pop saying there's an app that can do that too ?
    Like to see the app right click for me *Biggrin

ThrashZone, Oct 2, 2014
  11. Koub777 Win User
    @cheezz did you find a solution?

Koub777, Oct 2, 2014
  12. JoeShades Win User
    Try johns background switcher, works great for me on windows 8

JoeShades, Oct 3, 2014
  13. cheezz Win User

Okay folks. I tried resetting the pc and somehow it corrected the problem. I guess I must have installed win 10 with some files were corrupted it even affected Google Chrome. All is good now, thanks to all.

cheezz, Oct 3, 2014
  14. Unfortunate that you had to re-install 10 but glad it's working for you now *Biggrin

JDobbsy1987, Oct 3, 2014
  15. shams Win User
    Press WindowsKey+R Type The Following : control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper and press enter

shams, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't Change Desktop Wallpaper - Similar Threads - Can't Change Desktop

2. wallpapers desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wallpapers desktop: How can I get information on the excellent, daily changing wallpapers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpapers-desktop/adc90286-fd3e-4463-b152-1f532eb8801f
  3. Change desktop wallpaper with phone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change desktop wallpaper with phone?: exactly what the title says (is there an app?). Surprisingly I couldn't find a single post regarding this topic. submitted by /u/Qryza [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3f45o/change_desktop_wallpaper_with_phone/
  4. Why is Windows 10 wallpaper changes to Windows 8.1 desktop wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is Windows 10 wallpaper changes to Windows 8.1 desktop wallpaper?: This happend after i linked my computer to my Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-10-wallpaper-changes-to-windows-81/c9e80024-2d8b-49cc-9d81-d62f59a0177b
  5. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing: I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe...
  6. Can't change lock screen wallpaper

Can't change lock screen wallpaper: When I go to the picture, right click, then set as lock screen, my screen freezes for a minute then says "try another photo". The same thing happens when I try to do it in the personalization settings. It's not an issue with the picture, when I try and use a different one,...
  7. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing: I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe...
  8. Desktop Wallpaper

Desktop Wallpaper: My Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing despite me taking it off of slideshow mode. I used to have it on slide show going through a folder but I decided to change it to one picture recently. Now it keeps changing and going through a slideshow even if I chose a picture...
  9. Can't change lock screen wallpaper!

Can't change lock screen wallpaper!: Can't change lock screen wallpaper tried every method. [ATTACH] 1. Did I make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?:- Nope , just regular update 2. Is the issue specific to a particular picture?:- Nope, all picture 3. Are you logged in as the administrator?...
  10. Desktop Wallpaper

Desktop Wallpaper: Hello, I am trying to make a picture that has a resolution of 1920x1080 my desktop wallpaper, my monitors resolution is also 1920x1080 but it is extremely blurry when I set it as my background. The only way I can get it to not be blurry is if I set it to tile or center, but...